[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else play this and love it? This is one game I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1-SHOGO_PC_title.jpg (277KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1-SHOGO_PC_title.jpg
277KB, 640x480px
Did anyone else play this and love it?
This is one game I'd really love to see made in 2015. What games would you guys want to see revamped today?
>>
>>2794802
I played it and never understood why people loved it so much.

>What games would you guys want to see revamped today?
For the love of fucking god none of them. Let the modern video game industry fuck up its own stupid ideas instead of dredging up good things from the past to ruin.
>>
>>2794807
I like it a lot aesthetically / superficially. And because it's so different with fucking stupid dialogue. Do you think the video game industry with never produce nuggets ever again with how bad it's gotten?
>>
>>2794802
I played the demo from a pc gamer cover cd. It's not too bad. I could probably scan the review from (uk) pc gamer. I remember I liked the human bit more, but it was tough at the time, very bloody and the demo was rather short.
>>
File: url.jpg (138KB, 501x600px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
138KB, 501x600px
A new Side Arms Hyper Dyne game in the same vein of Omega Boost would be rather nice. These two robots are just too cool to be left with only one game.
>>
>>2794819
Great game, especially the PC Engine version. Cool mech designs indeed, reminds me of Dragonar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItCMX3A1qaE

Is this turning into robot games general?
>>
File: 797008-mechwarrior2_front.png (3MB, 1416x1405px) Image search: [Google]
797008-mechwarrior2_front.png
3MB, 1416x1405px
>>2794830
sure why not
>>
>>2794807
I loved it because of transforming mecha, multiple story branches and one of the first decently rendered bullet holes.

The 1st person soldier part not so much. Everything felt a bit skewered.
>>
>>2794802

It was full of terrible anime cliches but the incidental dialog could be hilarious. the human models/textures were atrocious, and some of the mech designs (the more Gundam/Transformer looking one as opposed to the Masamune Shirow looking ones) couldn't really come through because the texture work was really limited. Human combat could be really brutal and fast compared to the mech combat. It was fun for multi.

I'd love to see Monolith try their hand at it again with actually good art talent behind it instead of the bad 90's fanart-tier stuff it had.
>>
>>2794852
>Monolith
I think a remake/sequel of Septerra Core with improved art direction would be appreciated by quite a few people.
>>
>>2794802

I only played the demo, is it worth playing the full game? I really liked it, but never got around to actually buy it, as I was 8 at the time, and we had insufficient specs on out Windows 98 PC.
>>
>>2795185

It's practically free from GoG IIRC.

The game isn't bad. Maybe not good, but not bad. It's got some highlights. The levels are pretty interestingly put together, and it's got plenty of garnish. The combat's a bit bland, but the dichotomy between the mech and human stuff is good.
>>
>>2794807
Because it's a literal weeb game. Not using that as an insult either the game is just made by a ton of people who LOVE anime which gives it a lot of charm for me. Especially when you notice which shows they stole their sound effects from.
>>
>>2795810
i dislike anime (the fuck am i doing on 4chan then?!) and still liked Shogo

it just was a cool game
>>
>>2794802

I was sad they never released any of the planned expansions.
>>
>>2794802
I wanna play it because it's monolith and monolith are pretty nifty (albeit somewhat janky, too, but that almost adds to the appeal) at FPS. they often seem to have pretty satisfying gunplay. I gotta check this game out already. not even a weeb.
>>
>>2794802
anybody got some webms of this game? how bout some OC of its gunplay? dont be shy /vr/ show us some cool moments
>>
It definitely had its charm
>>
>>2795810
yep, they're clearly weebs/Robotech fans lol, it's painfully obvious when you play it
>>
>>2794819

The coolest mecha ever!
>>
Watching the start of a longplay right now.

First thing that jumps out right at me, is the dreadful walking animation of NPCs. They're not walking, they're sliding. Easily the worst sync I've ever seen.

Otherwise, the game looks fun.
>>
>>2794802
still one of my favs, love the game engine, and mech levels were sick, i still repeat the game from time to time, and ofc kids
>>
Oh, this game. I mostly remember it for the glitch that lets you aim and shoot during cutscenes. That was pretty funny.
>>
>>2797150
>love the game engine
Wasn't LithTech pretty fucking ass?
>>
>>2794802
I have trouble playing the game where'd you get the file and or how'd you play it
>>
File: shogobug.jpg (64KB, 636x474px) Image search: [Google]
shogobug.jpg
64KB, 636x474px
>>2798529
this is what i get when I launch and everything else bugs out too
>>
oh god the doors. BEWARE THE DOORS
>>
>>2794802
how do you get your keyboard and mouse to
register?
>>
>>2794802
My dad bought me this on a whim while I was visiting him years ago. Short but a lot of fun. I still occasionally listen to the OP.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87KB, 1152x720px
Magic Claw!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BpbDD6h0Ug
>>
>>2794846
>Free trial of AOL
Incase you didn't have one already
I love Mech Warrior
>>
>>2796252

to be fair, blood 2 gave my dog cancer.

not everything they've touched is gold.
>>
>>2794830
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lcOmvlzS3E
>>
Its possible to play this on Win7, open the CD directory and manually drag all the files out, otherwise you'll get error messages. There's a patch on some fan site too but I'm on mobile so no links. Just Google "shogo on win7"
>>
>>2797384
for its time it was a bit revolutionary (but many parts were fucking ass) but later they sort of revamped it with jupiter and the thing was astounding (tron 2.0, nolf 2 and hitman jack all still look quite nice) sadly, they kicked the bucket as a company and started being an unrecognized studio using other engines
>>
>>2798529
>>2798593
You're best off just pirating the GOG version. I usually don't mind doing a few tweaks to get a game running but Shogo was a huge pain in the ass to play on a modern computer before they got their hands on it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.