[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Congratulations! You've just been selected as the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 17

File: kajo.gif (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kajo.gif
3MB, 1280x720px
Congratulations!

You've just been selected as the first foriegn AD! And because you're a gaijin, they want you to select classic titles for the Kacho to play.

The rules are:
Nothing beyond Playstation era
The title must have been developed and published in a country outside of Japan.

What do you put him up against, /vr/?
>>
File: 1447096506263.jpg (275KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1447096506263.jpg
275KB, 700x700px
Star Tropics would be obvious to me

>mfw watching arino try to find the password
>>
File: psx_jap_front.jpg (317KB, 962x973px) Image search: [Google]
psx_jap_front.jpg
317KB, 962x973px
>>2788945
X-COM. Would have to be the PS1 version because AFAIK that's the only version that was translated to Japanese. I'm sure Arino would have fun renaming all the soldiers which would add a lot of entertainment value.

Also the Japanese cover art is awesome.
>>
File: 29113_front.jpg (64KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
29113_front.jpg
64KB, 640x639px
>"Oooo Gameboy, eh? I can go home early today!"
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
I'd pick this, just because I'm curious how much of the humor translates, and what they find interesting about it
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 204x204px
>>2788945
I just want to see his reaction when he comes across The Butcher
>>
>>2788945
Doom (PS1)
SWAT Kats (SNES)
THPS (PS1)
>>
Super Star Wars Trilogy, a three-part episode!
>>
Japan never got Snake Rattle 'N Roll, so that's my first choice.

Wizardry 1 for a week-long series. Developed in New York, extremely popular in Japan. Arino is long overdue to do a true RPG (Shiren the Wanderer doesn't count), and a Wizardry mini-series GCCX special would make ratings soar in that country.

And third, Ultimate Doom. PC version, on Ultraviolence difficulty. I don't care if GCCX focuses on console peasantry, Doom is still as fun today as it ever was, and if they can hire a gaijin AD, Arino can play a PC game for one episode.
>>
>>2789040
>Arino is long overdue to do a true RPG
Because RPG's are boring to watch, anon.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 191x264px
Pic related. This game is hard as nails.
>>
Kid Chameleon is perfect kacho bait especially as after all the struggling and inevitable failure they can show him that super simple warp to the last boss from level 1-2 cheat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Chameleon_(video_game)
Developer(s) Sega Technical Institute
Programmer(s) Mark Cerny

>mark cerny
Holy shit I did not know that
>>
Realms of Arkania 1-2

let's see how japs fare outside of jrpgs
>>
Rayman.
>>
File: ever mote.jpg (56KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
ever mote.jpg
56KB, 640x443px
>>2789201
i ugh in real life every time i remember how fucking infuriating this game was

here's my vote, anyway, i think it has the right mix of infinite grinding potential and pacing. there could be a good AD help section for the market trading where they all have to dress in togas.
>>
File: 542.jpg (32KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
542.jpg
32KB, 640x433px
>>2788945
Good luck, Arino.
>>
>>2788971
Bitching, anon. Though I'd also want him to play Crash Bandicoot 1 or Metal Gear 2.

Another pick related with yours would be Maniac Mansion and Loom, arguably the most popular LucasArts releases in Japan beside the first Monkey Island..
>>
i'd make him play home improvement for SNES. instruct him to grunt at the camera when he's frustrated with the game. and listen to him make fun of tim allen. *grunt grunt grunt*
>>
not /vr/
contain your autistic chinaman vgn to one thread you faggots.
>>
>>2789527
shut up nerd the kacho is a japanese no t a chinese and the title of the show's english dub is "retro game master" :D
>>
File: asterix obelix.jpg (78KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
asterix obelix.jpg
78KB, 640x475px
Would be fun to see him play Asterix & Obelix on the SNES. A classic euro platformer with weird hitboxes. And the second level is utter bullshit.

>>2788951
>Star Tropics
was developed by Nintendo, so in Japan.
>>
>>2789565
By NoA and famously NOT by NoJ. No Japanese release, even now. It's American.
>>
>>2789572
I don't know what your sources are, but wikipedia says it was developed by a regular Nintendo team under the head of Genyo Takeda. Doesn sound very Japanese to me.

>No Japanese release, even now. It's American.
That's a fucking stupid arguement. It's like saying Rendering Ranger is a Japanese game because it was a Super Famicom exclusive.
>>
I'd second snake rattle n roll, seems like he'd enjoy it quite a bit.

I'd also like to see him play turrican, maybe zool
>>
>>2789671
>That's a fucking stupid arguement

Being developed in America and not having a Japanese release is actually a very good argument to it not being Japanese.

>I don't know what your sources are, but wikipedia says it was developed by a regular Nintendo team under the head of Genyo Takeda

Oh cool, let's look at what wikipedia says:
>Unlike most of Nintendo's games, it was never released or intended to be released in Japan. It was released only in North America and Europe, although designed by Japanese designers living in the United States.

So, again, developed in America for English audiences, with no consideration given to Japanese gamers even 25 years later. It's NOT Japenese.
>>
>>2789778
Newsflash, Snake's Revenge is an American game.
>>
>>2789790
What does that have to do with anything I said about StarTropics?
>>
>>2788951

Star Tropics has way too much english text for Arino to have any chance at making any serious progress. he'd have no clue what his objective was and he'd be very lucky to beat the first 2 stages.
>>
StarTropics(NES)
The Lone Ranger(NES)
Rayman(PSX)

Any one of those three would provide a good challenge and be entertaining to watch. THPS2(PSX) would just be entertaining, but he probably wouldn't have any problems clearing it.
>>
>>2788974
>open the door
>HAHAHA, FRESH MEAT
>close the door

I don't remember if the Butcher can or not open back his door
>>
>>2789778
>Being developed in America
Are you stupid or something? I quote it again, just for you.

>No Japanese release, even now. It's American.
He or you claimed the land of release was enough of a prove and not where it was developed. Which is seriously stupid.

>developed in America
But by Japanese. But I don't know how long they've been living there, so I'll give it to you. It was made in America.

But remeber, the release region is not the county of its origin, okay?
>>
>>2789795
I w-was hoping that if I mentioned something completely different you'd forget what a retard I was being...
>>
>>2789864
Just stop posting. Fuck, you're done.
>>
>>2789865
it's cool, mang, no one will remember you on 4chan
>>
File: EarthWorm.png (27KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
EarthWorm.png
27KB, 640x448px
>>2789864
>But remeber, the release region is not the county of its origin, okay?

But the development region combined with the release region does set it's country of origin.

Dave Perry is from Ireland. By your logic that would make Earthworm Jim an Irish game. LOL
>>
>>2789236
>putting him through the torture that is Crash or Spyro's localization choices
They got hit harder than some Japanese titles coming overseas.
>>
>>2789234
>>2789217
Good choice.
>>
File: ToeJam-&-Earl-Megadrive-EUR.jpg (133KB, 1200x766px) Image search: [Google]
ToeJam-&-Earl-Megadrive-EUR.jpg
133KB, 1200x766px
Arino is a wiener.
>>
>>2789968
They didn't change anything in Crash 1 outside the title song and cover art. The feature to save to memory cart was already there from the PAL version.
>>
File: nerp.jpg (120KB, 1277x720px) Image search: [Google]
nerp.jpg
120KB, 1277x720px
>>2789671
>>2789864
>>2789865
>>2789868
>>2789872
Come on, guys. It's only a bit of fun

>>2788960
I can see him getting really into the base management aspect of this and dreading the missions. Kind of like how he approached Act Raiser.
>>
>>2788960
>"Ah, abe-san got blasted"
>"wow, he really got it"
>"No more abe-san"
>>
>>2789765
turrican gets my vote for sure.

I'd also like how he handled something like Star Control 2. That got a 3DO (and maybe JP) release.
>>
>>2790563
>>2790563

This and Comix Zone.
>>
>>2790657
He already played Comix Zone several years ago.
>>
>>2790653
SC2 would be fantastic because most of the characters in that game refer to the character as Captain already.

Think they'd find the Shofixti a bit racist?
>>
I want Arino to do Zombies Ate My Neighbors so bad.
>>
>>2789852
Earthworm Jim 2 would also be an entertaining watch, plus I think Arino would really enjoy it. He liked the varied gameplay of Battletoads.
>>
>>2790640
>I can see him getting really into the base management aspect of this and dreading the missions. Kind of like how he approached Act Raiser.

I'm the exact opposite about xcom, I just want to play the missions and hate building the base
>>
File: worms2.jpg (191KB, 627x629px) Image search: [Google]
worms2.jpg
191KB, 627x629px
Not sure it'd make a good episode, but I'd love to know his opinion.
>>
I want to see him play Metal Warriors on SNES, but I bet it's expensive.
>>
>>2788945
There is already a gccx thread you retard.
>>
File: japan guy politely bowing.png (400KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
japan guy politely bowing.png
400KB, 640x480px
>>2789214
>Guido Henkel games
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.