[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whose dick do I have to suck to get a translated version of Goemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Goemon 3.jpg (67KB, 546x472px) Image search: [Google]
Goemon 3.jpg
67KB, 546x472px
Whose dick do I have to suck to get a translated version of Goemon 3? It has a Zelda-like overworld with quests, objects and characters, so it requires text comprehension more than the other games, but still has all the wacky, colorful creativity and 2D platforming typical of the franchise
>>
File: Goemon_Mononoke_Sugoroku_(JP).jpg (40KB, 252x346px) Image search: [Google]
Goemon_Mononoke_Sugoroku_(JP).jpg
40KB, 252x346px
OP there's already a thread about games you want to see translated but likely never will.

But this is a Goemon thread so I'm not mad at you.
>>
I wish the good PS1 games in the style of the SNES games would get translated. At least the GBC game is a straight platformer and can be played without problems.

As for the dick sucking, just pay them. That'll do.
>>
>>2782768
mine
>>
>>2782829
Get on that shit and translate that cute Victorian London rpg while you're at it.
>>
>>2782768
>Whose dick do I have to suck to get a translated version of Goemon 3?

I read moon, suck my dick.
>>
>>2782768
Sup.

t. Gideon
>>
>>2783268
Surely you're not really Gideon Zhi...
>>
>>2782847
>that cute Victorian London rpg
you have my interest
>>
>>2782768
Just spend a month learning basic runes and you should be set. These games are made for little kids, how complicated could it be?
>>
>>2783446

not him but Goemon has a lot of slang and old fashioned japanese speak and dialects, so it may be hard to get everything in the game, especially the humor, with just a month of learning basic stuff.
>>
>>2782768
I'm literally learning Japanese just so I can play Goemon, Dragon Quest, and all of those wonderful quiz games that will never get translated.
>>
At least most super famicom games are translated

It will take years for any other PC engine rpgs to get translated, though someone is working on Legend of Xanadu I and II
>>
>>2783756
How are you going to know the quiz answers unless you grew up in 80s Japanese culture?
>>
>>2784150
Because I'll get them wrong on the first try and it'll tell me the answer.
>>
>>2784158
kinda seems like cheating tbph
>>
>>2784465
seems more like a waste of time, rather than cheating.
>>
>>2784484
All games are just a waste of time. Same as it ever was.
>>
File: gfs_15643_2_25.jpg (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_15643_2_25.jpg
19KB, 320x240px
>>2783280
London Seirei Tanteidan. It hurts just thinking about it.
>>
>>2784487
Tell that to the EVO guys who get paid tens of thousands of dollars
>>
>>2784568
Twitch and Youtube are more profitable tbphwu. You don't even need skills, just make funny faces.
>>
File: 1431206475218.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
1431206475218.png
226KB, 468x345px
I have never ever played a Goemon game in my life, I don't even know what they are about. Where should I start or what games are recommended?
>>
>>2784741
play the SNES one since it got an official US release then you can research and branch out from there if you like it
>>
>>2784550
Holy shit it's fucking beautiful. I'd play it and I'm not even an RPG fan.
>>
>>2784741
The second one on the NES/Famicom has a fan translation and it's a lot better than it seems, I'd say it's the best one to start with. Also it's not that hard so it's a good warmup.
>>
You can pester Gideon Zhi about finishing Goemon's 2 translation first

Then track this guy here
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=7354
http://transcorp.romhacking.net/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1338036507/15

He already started both 3 and 4, and says 3 is getting done first.

Then you can suck this guy's dick
https://www.youtube.com/user/beatlesfan931
and donate to him a pony, because his videos are literally the closest thing we have now for any new Goemon in english.

Seriously, let them know you want this.
>>
>>2782768
This image alone has me intrigued. I would totally play this with an English translation.
>>
>>2784741
There's mainly two kinds of classic Goemon, and they go one after the other mostly.

Action RPG Goemon
SNES 1, SNES 3, N64 1, PS1 1, PS1 2
There you have lot's of town talking, quests, and exploration. See OP's description of 3.
You have classic platforming inside dungeons (some are 2D platforming, later entries are zelda OTT-like dungeons). But even the 2D ones are more exploration-oriented than action oriented.
Of these, only SNES 1 and N64 1 are in english, you should know them by now (Legend of the Mystical Ninja and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon)

then you have full Platformer Goemon
SNES 2, SNES 4, N64 2, PS1 3, PS1 4
These are the easiest to pick up and play. You'll need the occasional trip to GameFAQs to pass through a town or get a certain special item, but nothing too grand.
Of these, the only one in english is the second N64 game (Goemon's Great Adventure), which is my favourite and my absolute recomendation as an entry-game for the series. Either this one or SNES 2.

NES games are a middle ground between the original arcade Mr. Goemon and town-exploring Action RPG Goemon. I personally haven't played NES 1 much, but NES 2 is very fun with a friend on the second player. Though later stages become more about hoarding money than actual exploring, so it gets old fast.
>>
>>2788721
>SNES 1
I've never really felt like this was an Action RPG style game. It felt a lot more like N64 2 to me.
>>
>>2784741
>>2788721
Then there's a couple of oddities worth mentioning. I already mentioned PS1 4 which is a classic platforming. It was a bad attempt of rebooting the series with a second generation younger Goemon and cast, it didn't survive. Well, this one also came out on GBA with lower graphics and less playable characters. It's a fun one, but not among the best.

On GB/GBC you have like 4 games. IIRC, there you have one top-down rpg (one that actually has an english version), one turn-based rpg, and a classic platformer that plays very much like SNES 2. I wouldn't bother with these until you've played the better ones to death.

Then there's the PS2 game which was another failed attempt at a reboot, this time as an Action RPG similar to N64 1. I wouldn't bother with this one.

Finally, the last game from the original Goemon Team on Konami (right after they left Konami. Now they're called Good-Feel, the developers of Kirby Epic Yarn and Yoshi Wooly World), is the DS game. It's unique since it's a top-down Action RPG with lots of stylus interaction. It's really a beauty.

After that, there's nothing but Pachinko games with amazing rearranged music and great graphics that makes you want to murder Konami for not making them into actual games.

tl;dr: RIP Goemon. Play Goemon's Great Adventure and miss him.
>>
>>2788726
Well it does have a lot more town exploring and talking that SNES 2 and 4, while not as much as 3, so it's debatable.
>>
File: 1436478422908.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1436478422908.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>2784550
>A game set in England that was never translated to English
>>
Skip GG3 and go straight to 4. My friend and I played through all of the SF GG games and 3 was, by far, the worst. The overworld sections are, frankly, terrible, and the game would be much better off without it. The platforming is good, but it's not up to the levels of the other games and you don't spend nearly enough time doing it.

If you simply want to play through the game, use a guide for the sOlutions to the overly simplistic overworld segments and then play through the levels as normal. Trust me, this is the way to go, especially if you plan to play co-op.

>>2784741
Play the first one, preferably with a friend. It is one of the best co-op games ever made.
>>
>>2789146
Can you expand on why you thought the overworld sections were horrible?
>>
>>2789146
Overall GG3 is not a very good game to play coop. Even inside stages, youll be exploring and backtracking, all you do is follow the one who's keeping track of things. Besides, shared health kills friendships.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.