[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's That Time again...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Vpbox[1].jpg (116KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Vpbox[1].jpg
116KB, 256x256px
Valkyrie Profile thread.

I'm pretty lost in my first playthrough. The general consensus online was that hard mode is the way to go, but I've finished the third chapter and I'm still getting my ass handed to me by the occasional dragon monster. Am I retarded? My evaluation is still pretty excellent and Asgard is doing well... but I can't fight for shit.

Game is so pretty though.
>>
>>2782243
Who's your active party in most cases? Depending on formation and equipment, you'll have to figure out the best order of attacks, and add in extra presses for weapons that allow multiple hits.

For instance, I'm currently using Lenneth, Janus, Arngrim, and (mermaid girl). Lenneth has a bow that has 3 hits, Janus is using a bow with 2 hits, Arngrim has a 2 hit sword, and the mermaid girl uses Frigid Damsel.
On a turn where all four can attack, I start off with Frigid Damsel, then alternate between bow and sword strikes until I'm out of attacks. I tend to get a ton of crystals at the end of battle and a fair bit of full party PWS strikes that way, since the meter is mostly over 100, and the enemy gets air-juggled for days.
>>
>>2782280
Also, for most of the game, if not all of it, do yourself a huge favor, and give Lenneth a bow. It does more damage overall in terms of hits, and if it gives the aforementioned multiple attacks, you're looking at taking a single target down by half in most cases.
>>
>>2782280
>>2782282
I'll take your advice on the bow. For the most part I'm running Lenneth, Arngrim, Mermaid lady and whatever new guy I'm trying to level grind (or Belanus if I'm in a tight spot.) For the most part I keep my enemies juggled but I'm confused about how that system works, because it seems like only one in every three juggles do I get a crystal.
Most of my experience seems to come from using tomes of alchemy in the cave of Oblivion.
>>
strategy for hard mode:
-put Lenneth on top and give her your best bow
-put Arngrim in front
-put Lawfer on the bottom

that's it you'll probably win regardless of what you use the 4th slot for just by doing a lot of damage.

you could also juggle a bracelet of whatever to make things even easier with lots of extra HP

you'll have to wait till the seraphic gate if you want to catch your third meowth
>>
>>2782301
juggling seems difficult because it's actually random. every hit on a mid-air enemy only has a chance of dropping crystals, not an every time if you do it right sort of thing.

if you like mages you should start by picking good spells and remember that you can also use them by selecting them from the battle menu to attack all enemies. It's worth keeping around some like mystic cross or prismatic missile even if the spell you cast in battle is usually gonna be something stronger like poison blow.

you can also use familiars to guardbreak any opponent by utilizing the very short period of hit stun they create to wedge in a combo.
>>
>>2782301
Supreme Crossbow is the one I'm using, for the record. You should be able to get it in Divine Item by now. Something like 2000 or 2500 MP to obtain. You're about where I am, so it'll do you well.
>>
I've never beaten this game because I never know which party member to send to asgard so I get frustrated and quit.
>>
>>2782337
Ch. 1 - Llewellyn
Ch. 2 - Belenus or Lawfer
Ch. 3 - Janus
Ch. 4 - Jelanda

Those are the easiest for those chapters, since you'll be able to meet the requirements with the least amount of workarounds or rigging. In Ch. 4, equip Jelanda with a couple of Angel Lips items to get Negotiator points.

Chapter 5 and beyond, I forget the requirements, but presumably, past one character who needs to go in either 5 or 6, it won't be anyone you're too fond of using. You get enough characters that you can keep the ones you want, generally. Hell, I tend to keep Janus for the bulk of the game.
>>
>>2782342
Janus's appearance is random, right? I think I'm out of luck with him so I'll have to make due with one of the pair you are guaranteed on that chapter.
>>
>>2782351
Might be. I've always had him join in Ch. 1, but some people get him later. Sort of like some people have gotten Jun in Ch. 2, and I've never had that happen.
>>
>>2782243
Dragons are dicks in VP. There are a couple weapons that kill them instantly, so switch to one of those whenever you encounter a dragon.
>>
For your mages, use one of those scepters that has a high chance of breaking.

For some reason, staffs will only break if you use great magic. So just don't use it. A small price to pay for huge damage. Mages should be able to take out a single enemy by themselves.

Go into practice mode and get down a combo that can always get you the super attack. Just remember that you can change the order that your attacks come out. This is very important for some characters. The dragon woman, for one. She's useless normally, but change her attack order, and she's great.

Personally, I don't bother trying to grind people for Asgard. I just use the experience from the experience orb on them. I try to keep my party pretty consistent.

Worthwhile skills to get: Guts, Auto-Item. Max that shit out on your party characters ASAP. Then just get stat boosting skills and whatever sounds nice.
>>
File: cum on me my noble einherjar.png (165KB, 248x255px) Image search: [Google]
cum on me my noble einherjar.png
165KB, 248x255px
You can get a dragon slayer in the first chapter in Arngrim's room. Instant death to dragons.
>>
Terrible game.
>>
File: 1266166357503.jpg (97KB, 562x800px) Image search: [Google]
1266166357503.jpg
97KB, 562x800px
>>2782526
OP, listen to what this african-american said. He's right about everything.

And don't feel bad about using a FAQ/walkthrough when it comes to the more arcane shit in the game... like which characters are best to send to Asgard, where to get the Flame Gems (which let you progress through the postgame bonus dungeon), and what steps you take to get the best ending. The game is the most fun when you do everything "right".
>>
This game is cool but I bought the PS1 version for $100 even though I already owned the PSP port. One of my biggest regrets ever. I know the PS1 version is "better," but not enough for me to care.
>>
>>2782585
Unfortunately, mine broke on its first kill.
>>
>>2782730

What's even ostensibly better about the ps1 version? I never played the PSP version so I can't make a comparison.
>>
>>2782243
>by the occasional dragon monster

Are you going into Oblivion Caves? The random chests you can find there are not worth it with all the OP enemies.

>>2782342
Lawfer can be a beast if you manage to create a Crimson Spear in Ch 4, do the same with Aelia and have both steamroll the game.
>>
File: 20150909_131958.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150909_131958.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Who /Jun/ here? I just got my first A ending and I use him and Suo, interchangeable mages. Not sure if I'll do the endgame dungeon or wait for a hard mode playthrough. Anyway, how do you guys feel about the individual character acquisition cutscenes? The stories involved there feel a little disjointed at times and don't hold much emotional impact after you pick them up. Not sure if I'm articulating that well enough.

Also, does the ps1 version always have these audio errors during spoken dialogue? Or is it just my disc? Kind of a low pitched erererererer.
>>
>>2782818
Second this, I've never found anything worthwhile in any chapter's Cave of Oblivion. Maybe like one golden egg once or something.
>>
>>2782836
>how do you guys feel about the individual character acquisition cutscenes?
I wish they were skippable. Maybe they're neat during your first playthrough, but after that... ugh, what a chore.
>>
>>2782526
>>2782704
Took the advice of these guys + supreme crossbow on Valkyrie and the game is noticeably and immediately easier and more enjoyable. Frigid damsel every turn with all these recharge gems. The familiars are a godsend against the twin-sword monsters with deadly counterattacks.

>>2782836
I know what you mean actually. Every once in a while a sound during the cutscene will reverb endlessly and it can get very loud. I've heard that the smallest of scratches make this game unplayable and I think that this is why.
>>
>>2782809
Its based on the Japanese version of the PS1 game so it lacks the improvements made when localizing, like sorting items and changing the equipment of inactive party members.

It's a bunch of minor annoyances that'll bother you if you played it on PS1 first but you won't even notice if you first played it on PSP.
>>
>>2782818
>>2782840
The items you get in the cave of oblivion are much better after you get access to higher level transmutation, even though a bunch seem useless when you get them.

You can also just not fight the monsters! Nothing is forcing you to fight them all just to get at the items, just skip em
>>
>>2783358
>higher level transmutation
Is this something I need to work towards, or will the game hand this to me at some point?
>>
>>2783410
I'm pretty sure it's just two items you'll get access to at some point. IIRC they're transmuted from some of the divine treasures you get at the end of a dungeon, I don't remember if they were the ones you need to use ice block puzzles to access though.

Either way just explore really carefully and check out what each item transmutes to before you use it
>>
File: 1276516810336.jpg (33KB, 358x239px) Image search: [Google]
1276516810336.jpg
33KB, 358x239px
>see thread
>people having a hard time and helping each others
>remember playing it with copilot friend on games FAQ in japanese Hard mode going for A ending back in the days
>now having a giggle playing with a party of bradrach, grey and shitty samurai, no mage allowed
VP2 is different but equal in quality
>>
>>2783243
>Took the advice of these guys + supreme crossbow on Valkyrie and the game is noticeably and immediately easier and more enjoyable

Good! Have fun.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.