[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a /vr/ recommended USB controller for emulation? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: iADxw.jpg (478KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
iADxw.jpg
478KB, 2272x1704px
Is there a /vr/ recommended USB controller for emulation? I want to play mainly N64 and Gamecube games with a few 16 bit systems. I'm tempted to get USB to PlayStation 2 controller ports and using PS2 controllers... Will the sticks work correctly?

Pic is my old arcade machine which got damaged in a flood :(
>>
>>2782081
>I'm tempted to get USB to PlayStation 2 controller ports and using PS2 controllers... Will the sticks work correctly?
Yes. Do that.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003711698/
+
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002ACOJTY

There is nothing better for classic games.
>>
Generally the recommendation that gets thrown around here for 8/16 bit is a sega saturn controller via USB converter. I don't hear much good for third party usb controllers.
>>
File: classic controller.png (49KB, 400x193px) Image search: [Google]
classic controller.png
49KB, 400x193px
>>2782224
>analog sticks don't have clickable buttons
So close to being perfect across the board. I also seem to be in the minority that thinks this is still the best version of that controller. I hated those handles on the later versions.
>>
How is the dualshock 4? I want something wireless and without a shit d-pad like the 360 controller.
>>
Seems like the new Apple TV may turn into a pretty great emulation box.

There's easy side-loading now via github, etc., no need to get through the App Store.

Any good controllers for it?
>>
>>2782457
DS3 looks sturdier in my opinion.
>>
>>2782081
>/vr/ recommended
Sure. Many children here have put together completely useless definitive controller rankings.

Either get a USB adapter and original controllers on 3rd party USB controllers designed for emulating the console you want. The only time you should use a single controller for multiple systems is when you're going to be on a confined space for a long time limited storage space. Such as being smuggled from China to America in a container full of 50 people.
>>
>>2782339
even the chinese knockoffs work great, i have 2 classic controller pro knockoffs of my wii and they're just fine.
>>
It's a personal preference thing.

iBuffalo SNES pads work great for several systems (SNES, NES, DMG, GBC, GBA).

Depending on how picky you are/if you owned the actual system you might want a NES pad for NES and DMG/GBC.

Only 16-bit system I've tried that I don't like the iBuffalo with is the Genesis

I use mayflash adapters with OEM controllers for PS2 and N64, they work great. I tried a USB adapter for SNES and it was unusable (up button didn't register)

My third party wireless 360 receiver works flawless, but the feel is all wrong for retro.

I ordered a $5 USB genesis pad but haven't recieved it yet. There's also a ~$15 usb adapter for OEM controllers on ebay.
>>
So, /vr/....

Are the Logitec line of PC controllers worth two shits anymore?
>>
I use a DS4 for pretty much everything though I'd like to get a USB Saturn controller going
>>
>>2782224
Will it work without the adapter?
>>
>>2782479
If it's anything like my 2009 Macbook, Dual Shock 3 will work out of the box. Does it have Bluetooth?
>>
Get the saturn controller for ps2. That's what I use. You get a nice comfy select button.
>>
File: 1403973236255.jpg (311KB, 800x732px) Image search: [Google]
1403973236255.jpg
311KB, 800x732px
>>2782457
Wonderful, I own 2 of them just for emulation

IMO it has a better Dpad then the PS 1-3, and the long grips make it supper comfy to hold.

The only shitty thing is the tiny ass Select(share) and Start buttons. But I actually just map the right and left side of the touch pad to function as those most of the time.
>>
>>2783679
On the Wii? Yeah, sure.
>>
iBuffalo for any console without a joystick
My choice of xb360, DS4, GCN OEMs for anything with a joystick

Only shitty thing is a few N64 games (Turok, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark to name a few), but I have an N64 and CRT for that
>>
>>2782457

It's pretty good for me. Had to adjust a bit because my hands fit the bigger DS3 more but everything else feels quite nice.
>>
Frankly, there are a ton of options. I have the following:

>Wii Classic Controller Pro
for Nintendo stuff, just feels right
>USB Sega Saturn Pad
for Genesis and for fighters or other arcade games
>Hori Pad EX2 Turbo for 360
Generally awesome 3D controller and good for 2-player on Genesis, also my go-to for N64 (it has 6 face buttons, the bumpers are doubled on face. My only complaint is that the 'normal' bumpers are too sensitve. D-pad and stick are great though)
>Logitech Driving Force GT
racing wheel, entry level. I use it for OutRun but need a replacement because it has a problem I cannot fix.
>>
>>2782081
>arcade machine
I don't fucking think so
>>
The Gamecube controller adapter for Wii U works natively for Dolphin.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.