[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the end all, best of the best, Rom & ISO downloading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

File: Hello.png (1MB, 1218x895px) Image search: [Google]
Hello.png
1MB, 1218x895px
What is the end all, best of the best, Rom & ISO downloading website?
>>
>>2779416
ladygaga.com
>retro art popculture
>artpop
>>
>>2779416
Emuparadies is a good direct-download site, though their PS1 section has some bad apples.

Some examples: Spyro: Year of the Dragon is using the Paradox crack and Driver 2 has an Emuparadise screen at the start, both are from before EP had alphabetized and expanded it's PS1 list some many years ago. Not sure if they fix them now though.
>>
>>2779416

my rompacks are from emuparadise and internetarchive.
>>
>>2779416
For me, it'd be emuparadise. I don't download rompacks (though they do offer them), but it's easy to use, you only need to do captcha once and even that's optional, the extras like magazines and guidbooks are cool, and when I'm bored I dig their little retro game of the day and user review features to find new games.

I also like that its design is firmly planted in the early 2000s.
>>
rip coolrom
>>
>>2779468

that used to be my goto site.
>>
>>2779416

the ones that don't spam us weekly looking for acceptance.
>>
Good question.

For cart-based systems I just grab the NoIntro collection from Internet Archive. That has you covered for a good chunk of your retro needs, but what about Redump and Trurip-verified optical images? For that I use IsoZone (for their complete NTSC-NA PSX Redump set) and a little-known site I found called Edge Emulation for my Mega CD and PC Engine CD needs.

CoolROM a shit.

Emuparadise is hit-or-miss thanks to most of the good shit requiring a forum account (do NOT use their default PSX images; you WILL be sorry).

IsoZone used to be the universally recommended place as far as I'm concerned, but lately their Admin's been acting really flaky and suspicious.
>>
Emuparadise and Vimm's Lair are my go-tos.
>>
>>2779416
Emuparadise hands down.

>>2779441
>>
>>2779487
Whats wrong with their playstation images? I don't use them since I use retroarch and emuparadise doesn't offer bin/cue files.

There was a really good torrent posted months ago with every US playstation release in bin/cue format, wish I could find it again to help a mate out with his setup.
>>
coolrom unless its rip
>>
>>2779523
Does it still have that annoying pop-up window javascript thing?
>>
>>2779463

I remember their design looking clunky back in the day but it's funny, it's gotten better over the years by adopting an earlier feel.
>>
Is rom depot safe?
>>
>>2779473
>>2779468

I've used CoolRom since I was in third grade... RIP :(

But I do remember way back in the gap, they removed a lot of roms that were Nintendo-owned. But over the years they've gotten more and more ballsy and added even GC isos. So who knows, maybe they're just biding their time again.
>>
rom depot, emuparadise when i feel like deal with captchas that don't work half the time
>>
>>2779416
Emuparadise is good for ISOs, and they're not as dodgy as they used to be. No 'vote for us on 3 sites to download if you're lucky enough for the detection system to work on your browser' anymore.

For small roms, Edgeemu.
>>
romhustler dot net
>>
>>2779520

>Whats wrong with their playstation images? I don't use them since I use retroarch and emuparadise doesn't offer bin/cue files.

Unless you got them from the forums the chances are pretty good they'll fail verification with the Redump database (and they ain't TruRip, that's for sure). This is the equivalent of using a ROM that fails checksum; you are simply asking for trouble.
>>
>>2779526

Last time I checked it did. Then there's the skeezy bait-and-switch they try to do with their adware "Download Accelerator".
>>
>>2779531

Seems to be. The PSX images they have may even be from the same set as IsoZone's. They also appear to have game manuals and guides, though nothing I haven't seen before there (Lunar Eternal Blue guide when? ;-; ).
>>
>>2779560

Occasionally good, though most other options sans CoolROM are better.
>>
>>2779618
Thanks, I downloaded a couple of roms already and the site seems legit.
>>
>>2779498

It should be noted that I have occasionally found manuals at Vimm's that have not been handy anywhere else (or they ARE handy, but are much lower-quality).

Even if the site isn't at the forefront of emulation anymore, it still has its uses in that regard.
>>
>Cartridge based games
Internet Archive No Intro romset 2013 for individual files, and 2015 for romsets.
>Disc based games
ROM Depot and Romulation. Depot is fine if they have it, if not then I use some of my massive credit stash on Romulation.
>>
>>2779416
>ROM
Not PC mustard rice.
>>
>>2779463
>2000s
Loooks 90s to me.
>>
>>2779984

>not using flash carts and burning discs
>>
File: rip.jpg (6KB, 321x84px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
6KB, 321x84px
>>
I like The Iso Zone. You can download Isos from gamecube, ps1, ps2, dreamcast and xbox games. You can also download full sets of more older systems.
>>
>>2780283

Unfortunately, I never had the privilege. ;-;

I hear The Pleasure Dome is their successor, though.
>>
>>2780402
Nope, different site is. UG is alive under a different name, sans the guy who actually started the original site. Most staff is back.
>>
>>2780402
Pleasuredome has nothing to do with UG. They're good on their own, especially for Mame games.

>>2780528
Wish I had a way to get on that but I don't even know the name. Got lots of old torrent from UG laying around.
>>
How's romulation these days? I remember using the hell out of that for awhile.
>>
>>2780528

Good to know. Mind giving out the name, or are they specifically requesting that this not be done?
>>
>>2779416

I use the depot first but if they don't have it, I'll just try emuparadise.
>>
>>2779473
emuparadise for everything especially ps2 games

isozone for og xbox and dreamcast , also obscure jap ps1 games
>>
File: b0006633_4c092d0fa8688.jpg (245KB, 501x500px) Image search: [Google]
b0006633_4c092d0fa8688.jpg
245KB, 501x500px
>>2779416
Is ROM Depot still taking games? I can't find the PS1 version of Gokujou Parodius. I'm also looking for the Japanese version of PS1 RayStorm.
>>
>>2780570

I think so. They never removed the upload thing
>>
>>2780570
It can be frustrating trying to find a Japanese version of a game, sometimes even an exclusive. RayStorm is a terrible example because it's readily available, although maybe on the shit site you use. Still I understand how it feels.
>>
File: silent iron.jpg (33KB, 439x451px) Image search: [Google]
silent iron.jpg
33KB, 439x451px
>>2780564
Emuparadise and IsoZone for me.

Are there any sites with a complete PAL PSX dump? I'm looking for some games I just can't find. Shadow Gunner, Silent Iron and Super Dropzone. Okay, I found some weird French site, but I can't find the download button.
>>
http://emu-russia.net/en/
>>
>>2779416

SNES section at romdepot is missing everything super famicom... lots of european/japanese titles that should be there.

a homebrew section for SNES would be nice as well.
>>
It's so hard to find this game, I only found it once in some of those retarded forums where you need to register and pay tribute to the uploader or some shit like that
>>
File: Mado on ZX spectrum.gif (10KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Mado on ZX spectrum.gif
10KB, 256x192px
>>2779621

>Coolroms
>Their nintendo related roms are still gone

well at least the other sites are good, I'm getting tired of coolroms "Click the video to download game"
>>
>>2779621
cool roms is ridden with meme tier ads,and have a ton of shitty roms/bad dumps/iso's.
>>
viral your shitty site elsewhere
>>
>>2780972

Were you not around a few weeks ago? They pretty much ran the dude off the board. Really doubt he'd keep making threads here.
>>
>>2779560

seconded
>>
>>2780964

Yep. As I said, universally terrible site.

>>2780976

Not surprised. /vr/ has a significant minority of anti-emu faggots.
>>
>>2781012
>Not surprised. /vr/ has a significant minority of retro faggots
FTFY emubaby
>>
>>2781134
I'm 31 and I use emulators. You fucking child.
>>
>>2781145
>age = maturity
top kek manchild
>>
>>2779441
a few of the GBA games have splash screens added by the person who ripped the game, but that is literally the only thing resembling a complaint i have towards them.
>>
i love the rom depot!
>>
>>2782672
Emulators have nothing to do with maturity, child.
>>
ROM depot is loaded with spyware and malware.

The ROMs are not CRC checked, and they're basically garbage.
>>
>>2782739
Give some examples of malware on the site.
Otherwise I call bullshit
>>
>>2782741

Just visit the site.

Also

>Not using CRC verified good rom sets.

Pathetic. Only /vr/tards would fall for this shit.
>>
>>2782743
Didn't think you had an example.
You're just an ANTI-SHILL AT ALL COST subscriber
>>
>>2782739

You're literally lying
>>
>>2782741

He is full of bs. I'll PayPal $100 to anybody who can find legitimate malware there.
>>
>>2780263
Why not play PC CD gaymes on super fast flash cards?
>>
>>2782739
It's a directory listing that doesn't have any advertising and doesn't pull data from any strange sites.
>>
>>2782889
You sound retarded for actually letting that bother you
>>
>>2782889

And by legitimate, I meant actual malware that you didn't just make up for the sake of being a fucktard
>>
File: 1438560567683.jpg (23KB, 242x206px) Image search: [Google]
1438560567683.jpg
23KB, 242x206px
>>2779416
Undergroundgamer
>>
>>2782968

Defunct. According to >>2780528 they rose again as something else, but I never got the name.
>>
>>2782891
>>2782897
Not even mad. I just enjoy taking the piss of of a kid shilling a shitty site.
>>
>>2783026

>shill
>>
>>2783026
>makes baseless claims
>gets called out for being a lying idiot

>KEK I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED
>>
>>2783041

Such is the way of 4chan
>>
Doperoms
>>
>>2783041
>>makes baseless claims
>>2782832
>legitimate malware
All I ever claimed is you made that retarded statement, which you did.
>>
>>2783790

Refer to:

>>2782897
>>
marketing shill GTFO
>>
>>2780683
im pretty sure i seen this on isozone, anon
>>
File: 4L_cHx2oBjX.jpg (92KB, 1242x734px) Image search: [Google]
4L_cHx2oBjX.jpg
92KB, 1242x734px
>>2783996

I detect a discrepancy in your statement.
>>
>>2783790
I never claimed I made up any malware.
Who's making baseless claims?
>>
Rommers and PleasureDome. A few niche bits like EAB's FTP server for super system specific stuff. Got full verified sets for almost everything I've got any interest in emulating these days but I still lurk and seed.
>>
ahhh such fond memories - https://web.archive.org/web/19980129080453/http://www.davesclassics.com/
>>
>>2784928
fucking nostalgiad hard

that was the go to site in the late 90s
>>
>Decide to get copy of Resident Evil 2 on DC
>Rom Depot doesn't have it
>Neither does Romulation
>Have to download it off of emuparadise
Welp, guess I know what I'm uploading to RD wednesday.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.