[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If there a modded or third party option for the NES (not retroarch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: url.jpg (200KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
200KB, 800x600px
If there a modded or third party option for the NES (not retroarch based like the RetroDuo stuff, actual hardware) with stereo sound and better video output out of the box?

I know you can mod this thing if you have the skills buying a couple of parts, but I'm not very good soldering circuits (I managed to make a PAL/NTSC switch for my SNES out of luck following a guide, but then I fucked up a Gamecube trying to install a simple mod chip. FML), I would pay some money for a better NES and not risking fucking up the one I've had all my life.
>>
eBay seems to say they go for about tree fiddy (no really) but I think people have said they've got 'em for $100-150.

I can't speak to their quality at all, and am not even very up on this part of the scene.
>>
nes in stereo sounds like shit
>>
glue master drakon will hook you up
>>
File: IMG_1606.png (3MB, 1186x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1606.png
3MB, 1186x792px
>>2778036
I understand your concerns OP, but you do realize the difference in components when it comes to the NES VS the Gamecube? Gamecube has two major chips with a shitton of tiny legs and lots of SMD components which are a bitch and a half to deal with. The NES has all through-board components, and all chips have really large and easy to solder legs. Pic related.
>>
I've thought about working on a method of separating each synth channel and the noise channel then running them all through a cheap little mixer that could be mounted in the tons of extra space the NES has in it but it would need to be set differently for each game to even sound half-right and still most of the time it would just be stereo-for-the-sake-of-stereo with little if any real reflection of the game, since they were all designed in mono.
>>
NES doesn't even have stereo those mods are bullshit. They split off one of the channels into its own separate connection to make pretend stereo. You're better off just going dual mono if you want to use both speakers.
>>
>>2778036
Isn't this pic from someone who made their NES able to play Vs. System games?
>>
>>2779269
Yes, specifically Vs Super Mario Bros.

http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/nes_vs/nes_vs_en.php
>>
Don't get a stereo NES, sounds like shit.
Go for a RGB NES.
>>
>>2778036
Doc, lemme get this straight, you made an arcade machine...out of an Entertainment System?
>>
Cool mod and all but the rom hack is a lot more convenient.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1014/
>>
>>2778036
it's called the analogue nt or the retro avs

/thread
>>
>>2779874
It's called the retron you fucking anal ogue shill
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.