[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/ I have a question about an SNES bundle and didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 00101_d2GW1UBZbNP_600x450.jpg (24KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00101_d2GW1UBZbNP_600x450.jpg
24KB, 600x337px
Hey /vr/ I have a question about an SNES bundle and didn't know who else to ask besides you.

On my local craigslist a fellow is offering his SNES, 2 Controllers and the following games for $300, although I got him down to $260:

Mega Man X
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario All Stars
Donkey Kong Country
DK Country 2
DK Country 3
Earthworm Jim 2
Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
Kirby All Stars
Battletoads / Double Dragon
NBA Jam
Super Star Wars
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Return of the Jedi
Spider-Man / Venom: Separation Anxiety
Super Street Fighter 2
Spawn
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse

Is this a deal that you guys would take? I'm leaning towards a yes but a little bit of reinforcement never hurt because I'm a pussy and not sure if I'm getting a shit deal.
>>
>>2777934
yes. on average most of those games will cost around $25
>>
Probably not worth it. None of those games are particularly rare (especially considering virtual console or ports exist for the good ones on that list) and the physical copies are only really worth something if you're looking to complete a collection of some kind. Guessing from what you're looking to buy I assume you're only interested in playing the games rather than building a collection. Also, emulation is a thing.

tl;dr don't buy it.
>>
>>2777941

Yeah you're right about me just wanting to play the games. I have done plenty of emulation stuff in the past but I'm a big nostalgia fag and have kinda romanticized the idea of having the physical console and cartridges again and such.
>>
Why are you looking to buy an snes and games? Are there specific games you want?
Are you looking to collect?
Do you mind emulation?
Would you consider a clone?
Would you consider an everdrive?

Looking At the game list it isn't a bad deal. All those games are at least ~$10 in value, some being upwards of $30+

The games alone make up $200 of the 260 you'd be spending

$60 for the system itself is about the current going rate.

It is a pretty fair deal.
>>
>>2777965

A lot of them are games I used to own and play. There are also plenty of games I'd also like to reacquire someday (Secret of Mana, Megaman Soccer, Super Mario RPG, Sunset Riders, TMNT: Turtles in Time.) I owned a copy of Earthbound a loooong time ago and absolutely love the game, and would like to get another copy but I know how expensive it is and will likely not even consider it for a while.

I've played all kinds of emulators on my laptop, although admittedly I'm unfamiliar with what clone or everdrives are in this context.
>>
>>2777934
I'd jump at the opportunity if someone was willing to pay me $260 for that.
>>
>>2777983
Clones systems are snes (and other systems) made in the more recent years that are not official Nintendo products but play snes games.

Everdrives are cartridges where you can put an SD card full of roms into the cartridge and then play almost every snes game ever made.

There are various pluses and minuses to each road you want to go down.
>>
Go for it holmes, that's a really good deal
>>
>>2777934

The different answers to this are all regional so to speak... Eurofags will all tell you to buy it while USA fags will brag about cheaper bargains. In a nutshell, it's not a bad deal, but quite a bit to spend up front. A few of those games go for around 40 bucks though, so it may save you the hassle of having to track them down for a decent price. It all depends on how much you want it, but it's not a bad deal.
>>
>>2777941

not "rare", but not easy to get for cheap either.
>>
I wouldn't buy it. You're better off buying just a console and controllers and spending $200 on a SD2SNES cart. At least that is what I would do if I didn't still have my SNES collection so it's harder for me to justify buying a flash cart but if you are starting fresh just do it right from the start and you will save yourself a lot of money in the long run.
>>
>>2779135
As long as he doesn't want to play any of the ones it won't run.
>>
>>2779140
Then he could just buy those games?
>>
>>2779168
Exactly. They come as part of the package.
>>
File: lkXBJWqEWNI.jpg (36KB, 604x362px) Image search: [Google]
lkXBJWqEWNI.jpg
36KB, 604x362px
I'd say thats not bad for all that as long as it worked, depending on the condition of everything.

Also before any money changed hands, i'd have him turn it on and show you that it works.
Give him some bullshit story that its for your kid or something, and he'll just get the impression that you're being a protective parent instead of a paranoid manchild.

You always, always want to be careful about buying old consoles online, no matter how much 'rep' the reseller has.
>>
>>2781692
>Give him some bullshit story that its for your kid or something, and he'll just get the impression that you're being a protective parent instead of a paranoid manchild.

Who would think twice about proving something works before accepting $260 for it?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.