[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a video game better than this. Protip:You can't. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg (30KB, 382x260px) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg
30KB, 382x260px
Name a video game better than this. Protip:You can't. I'm not even memeing.
>>
cant beat Ferguson simulator
>>
>>2777904

>chimpout and monkeys running wild

You're talking about the same game as op
>>
>>2777904
>>2777909
It does star a bunch of monkeys who rap, shoot guns, and eat watermelon.
>>
Just started playing this. This game is basically another banjo kazooie..

.. not that there is anything wrong with that ..
>>
>>2777925
it gets worse. this is the game that singlehandedly killed the 3D collectathon genre
>>
>>2777950
that's a good thing
>>
>>2777880
DK64 is a pretty good, comfy game. The haters miss the point.

>>2777950
>it gets worse. this is the game that singlehandedly killed the 3D collectathon genre
By selling 3.7 million copies and receiving universal acclaim.
>>
>>2777880
I love DK64, but if we are talking in terms of collecathon's, I'm going with Banjo-Tooie.
>>
It all depends on just how much you like collectathons, OP. Personally, I feel it went a bit overboard and give the edge to the Banjo series.

But both are good games.
>>
>>2777959
>universal acclaim.
Not so sure about that.
>>
I enjoyed it. People over exaggerate the collechathon thing. Yes, the game is designed around collecting and playing levels again with a different characters to collect their shit, but I thought it was designed in a way that didn't make it as tedious as people say. The mini-games were the worst part of the game (the beaver one, and the slide racing on the pyramid twice).

I couldn't bother to finish Banjo-Kazooie, but I got a 101% file on DK64.
>>
>>2777880
golden eye 64
>>
>>2777880

Then you are a collectamaniac like me. Mus. Collect. Everything!
Then it is heaven. I played it a while ago and enjoyed it immensly. Did not collect EVERY SINGLE TRINKET but a lot, and since that is all completely optional it is fine.
>>
>>2777880
Banjo-Kazzoie
>>
http://www.gamespite.net/toastywiki/index.php/Games/TragedyOfTheCollectathons
>>
>>2780219
A few good points but mostly lousy unfactual analysis.

Like most things on the site, really.
>>
File: 1391789831704.jpg (173KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
1391789831704.jpg
173KB, 960x600px
DK 64 was kinda like a Banjo Tooie prototype. They wanted to make something bigger and grander in scale than BK, but it was a little too convoluted with the amount of items you needed and the constant character switching. It's still a great game but it's not the best of it's kind.
>>
>>2777880
>"collectors edition"
that's all of them though
>>
Everything not on that failure machine known as the Nintendo 64.

Seriously, it's an embarrassment how Nintendo viral marketed the fucking shit out of that goddamn poorly made toy with shit controllers and half-assed games to children and now every fucking gamer thinks it's some sort of high water mark for gaming.

If I could go back in time and destroy Nintendo before they went to shit with the N64 (the NES and SNES were awesome), today's gaming would still be great.
>>
>>2777880
Any Castlevania game. Yes, all of them.
>>
>>2781290
Most are low poly/low framerate garbage, but there are a few good N64 games:

F-Zero X
Mischief Makers
Paper Mario
>>
I love DK64. I replay it every few years and it's great every time. people give it shit for too much collecting, but it's a fucking collectathon. thats like giving a platformer shit for having too many platforms.
>>
>>2781295
>Most are low poly
People vastly underestimate the N64's (useful) polygon capability simply due to the low resolution textures mapped onto them. PS1 was very wasteful of polygons - too much subdividing on walls and floors to prevent affine errors (and usually not succeeding too well anyway).

If you look at a game like Rayman 2, you'll see the main character model has more polygons on N64 than PS1 due to the PS1's polygon wastefulness.
>>
File: contra.jpg (40KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
contra.jpg
40KB, 800x533px
>>2781290

So any Barbie shovelware on PS1 or the CDi is better than, say, Sin and Punishment or Goemon's Great Adventure?

>If I could go back in time and destroy Nintendo

I tip my fedora to you, my good sire!
I bet you're the kind of faggot who claims nintendo is doomed meme.
>>
>>2781290
I don't like the N64 at all but this kind of shitposting belongs on /v/.

Oh who am I kidding, /vr/ is /v/ 2.0 at this point.
>>
>>2781889

>Oh who am I kidding, /vr/ is /v/ 2.0 at this point.

Only if you let the bastards take it from you.

>>2781875

>I bet you're the kind of faggot who claims nintendo is doomed meme.

To be fair, things aren't looking too good for them of late.
>>
>>2781903
>To be fair, things aren't looking too good for them of late.

DOOMED!! NINTENDO IS FINISHED!
for real this time guise! let me show you this clickbait article about their financial status!
>>
>>2781914

You sound like a nut. :/
>>
>>2781915

yeah I was making fun of the "nintendo is doomed" nuts if it wasn't obvious.
>>
>>2781916

It wasn't. Compare the two posts. You sound like you're about to start frothing at the goddamned mouth just because I won't agree with you that oh-so-precious Nintendo is not struggling. I'm honestly rather bemused you'd get this upset.
>>
Fez
>>
>>2781941

Ah, well maybe that's just how you interpret it because you can't see my face. I'm sleepy as fuck and I actually don't care what happens to Nintendo, I just find people who are still going on with the "nintendo is doomed" stuff hilarious.

Anti-nintendo people are as annoying as blind nintendo fanboys.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.