[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If you've ever had a bout of existential ennui brought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: vr posts on twitter.png (293KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vr posts on twitter.png
293KB, 640x480px
>If you've ever had a bout of existential ennui brought on by a fear of your own mortality, this piece of news might transcend it: a superfan of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Super NES, known in Japan as the Super Famicom), first released in the early '90s, has not turned his console off for 20 years for fear of losing his data replay, i.e., his player saves.

>The actual game loaded in the Famicom is Umihara Kawase, which features a 19-year-old schoolgirl named Kawase Umihara; the player navigates through linked levels that are mostly set in variated water-dominated worlds, which tout both seawater and freshwater mutants.

>Listed under the name Wanikun (and the handle @UMIHARAKawase) on Twitter, the Japanese gamer and Famicom superfan tweeted out a picture of the gaming device, which has been churning the midnight oil (or rather, blaring the red power button) for roughly 180,000 hours to date.

>According to Twitter's auto-translate feature, the text in the tweet reads:
>"Incidentally, more than 20 years of SFC left turn is the first #海腹川背, working hours are considered 180000 time topped that. Power down and replay data will be lost. Maybe [sic]"

>Rocket News 24, which initially picked up the story from the Japanese site IT News, has a less literal translation with a little more finesse:
>"Incidentally, I'm pretty sure my first generation Umihara Kawase, which has been on in the SNES for over 20 years, has been in operation for over 180,000 hours. If the power is tuned off, I'll lose all my replay data. Probably."

>Some, however, are skeptical of the veracity of the gamer's assertion.

>Indeed, the Japanese gamer did admit to unplugging the game once due to a relocation from one residence to another. Luckily, the Super Famicom's battery kept all data intact during its big move.
>>
Ya. No power company provides continues AND stable power for 180,000 hours. Not even the military could expect that.
>>
>>2770430
as a fan of both the super famicom and the game umihara kawase, this is the dumbest shit i've read all day.
>>
>>2770449
Especially since it has SRAM. Also when scared to loose because of bad battery, just dump the save with some device, nowadays there are many ways to do it, so you have a backup on PC.
Anyway, just another proof that some Otaku are really obsessive.
>>
Some idiot got trolled by 2ch
>>
>>2770437
> not having UPS providing uninterrupted power to your SNES until your backup generator kicks on so you won't lose your Riverbelly saves
>>
>>2770483
>spend $1000s to power a $5 power brick
Great job!
>>
>>2770472
It's just a replay, he could have recorded that on VHS or even with a cellphone.
>>
>>2770486
>having no idea what things cost
Greater job!
>>
>>2770745
>getting a quality psu and generator
>under a grand in the 90s
>using that setup for 20+ years now.
Greatest job!
>>
>hasn't finished the game after 180k hours

I'd give up desu.
>>
lol.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.