[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Do you remember any of your friends or your sibling's friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 14

File: 1443140117312.jpg (71KB, 585x363px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443140117312.jpg
71KB, 585x363px
Do you remember any of your friends or your sibling's friends stealing or borrowing any of your games and never giving them back?

My Pokemon Puzzle League is somewhere out there.
>>
>>2765835
I let a classmate borrow Red Alert and never got it back.
Another classmate lent me Goldeneye in order for me to unlock a bunch of cheats, and it probably took me 2 months to return it, still lacking things like invincibility and silver pp7.
>>
No, my friends were actually trustworthy. My family though...

My sister once tried to help a friend of her's steal my copy of SimCity on PC along with the required red sheet(copyright protection). Thankfully my dad played the game as well, and noticed the missing sheet quick enough to catch her. Fucking cunt.
>>
I was that bastard since I didn't quite understand the "return" part of borrowing. Sorry Landon.
>>
>>2765840

on the bright side, that crook that stole Red Alert has EYE CANCER now :D

I had River Raid on Atari stolen from me. May not sound like much now, but it's the best fucking game on the entire console.
>>
>>2765835
I'll never forgive the asshat who has my copy of OoT.
>>
>>2765875

To top it off, the fucking asshole used my cart for some retarded college art project shortly after 9/11 where he put MY [ex]cart on top of the cover of TIME magazine's pic of the Twin Towers... fuck that dickhead and his Andy Warhol-isms for real.
>>
>>2765835
I let somebody borrow a copy of Halo 2 and damn near had to get the police involved to get it back, and it was fucking covered in scratches.
>>
>Never just borrow or lend, always temporarily trade 1 for 1
>For some reason, my friends never seem to misplace my games
>>
File: bird.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bird.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>lend friend Tomba 2
>get back two halves of a Tomba 2 disc
>>
>>2765835
Some bitch borrowed my Super Smash Bros and lost it. Couple other games I had to re-buy. Step-dad threw away some of my computer games (Simcity 2000, Civ 2) because he's a dick.

The worst thing though was when I was in middle school and I met a Black kid who was visiting a neighbor for a weekend and we borrowed each others game boy games. Then all my game boy games disappeared including the one I borrowed. The kid was like "I need to keep your game or my parents will get mad at me for losing mine". All kinds of mental alarm bells started going off and my Grandpa said he saw him take mine. I didn't want to believe him but I ask the kid if I can search the his room out of desperation. I Couldn't find anything and felt like a giant asshole, I later found out my step dad hid the games to punish me (most likely for having a Black kid over) and had to ship the kid's game back to him.
>>
Pffft SO many of my games were stolen!

But then in the late 90s I worked at this paranoid coke head's used game stores and he started thinking everyone was robbing him blind and getting real accusatory toward all of us about it so we knew it was only a matter of time before he flipped either way so we started actually robbing him blind.

Pathetically, what he was so afraid we were doing was exactly what we started doing, it's like he taught us exactly how to rip him off.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (33KB, 411x276px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fuck.jpg
33KB, 411x276px
>tfw stole multiple ps1 games from this weird kid i used to play video games with because no one else hanged out with him
>his parents never suspected me and were very nice to me because i was his only friend
>still feel guilty as fuck for it to this day
>>
>>2766035
And then that one kid would lend YOUR game out to someone else and expect you to return his game while some other faggot had your shit.
>>
>>2766187
were they some nice games at least?
>>
>>2765835
in like 1998 one of my "friends" borrowed my SNES for a party, so they could play Mario Kart.
It "mysteriously disappeared" from there.
>>
when i was like 13 i left a case with most of my ps1 games in it with my friend. i guess we slowly stopped hanging out and he never game them back to me.
>>
There was a kid in my middle school who thought he was an entrepreneur and would rent his games for a dollar a day. I rented and returned from him for a week, then told him I was having a game party and needed a bunch of games since he would only let you rent one at a time. told my mother I needed field trip money and she gave me $20, then had the dumbass bring everything he had. I wound up with nice mix of Genesis and SNES games sold off what I didn't want and kept the rest. After about a week of me ignoring him, he tried to get the school involved, but with no proof and me being an honor student they did nothing.

I heard his parents were afraid of contacting my parents about it, because they found out we were Hispanic. (for you young people through the 80's up to the mid 90's the media bombarded white people with portrayals of anyone who was brown as a cholo gang member or gang affiliated)

I do still feel really bad about lying to my mom about the field trip though.
>>
>>2766189
Never happened but if it had, he wasn't getting it back.
Fuck, I took relatively good care of my shit back then. Wish I'd been more careful with my magazines though. I miss my Earthbound strategy guide.
>>
>>2766126

wtf? wow. just wow.
>>
A friend of mine lent me Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask because I said I hadn't played them.
I forgot to give them back and he hadn't mentioned them at all. Obviously I felt bad, so I offered them back about a year later. He told me he didn't want them back and that I should keep them.
>>
>>2766232

i hope you end up in jail some day, you fucking thief... that shit's just wrong.
>>
File: 1443886181613.jpg (55KB, 436x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443886181613.jpg
55KB, 436x500px
>lend some kid starfox adventures
>years go by
>be sad that never got game back
>remember that it was a shit game
>be happy
>>
It was me, I was the thief who "borrowed" games.
>>
>>2766232
>I heard his parents were afraid of contacting my parents about it, because they found out we were Hispanic. (for you young people through the 80's up to the mid 90's the media bombarded white people with portrayals of anyone who was brown as a cholo gang member or gang affiliated)

>brown kid steals like $1000 worth of games.
>somehow the whites are dumb for thinking you're a piece of shit that might murder them over petty cash because your parents are obviously Cray Cray too.

Either your mom didn't notice you got a thousand fucking dollars over night, too bad shes such a shitty fucking cunt, or she thought it was good you were stealing from people, what a shitty fucking cunt.

Good fucking job
9/10 for my reply, but I ain't actually mad.
>>
>>2766232
I like how you were a complete piece of shit and then act like it was the media's fault. That kid would've been better off not trusting you.
>>
>>2766232
>we were Hispanic

That explains why you did what you did. Game over.
>>
>>2766295

exactly.
>>
Got OOT (grey cart, early version with red blood and islam chants, etc) and Mischief Makers stolen by a fuck, he did it on purpose too because we argued one time and never saw each other again, I asked him once for the games and he said he sold them (probably he didn't and he still had them, but he wanted to piss me off).

Nowdays I don't mind it because I got many re-releases of OOT (although I never got that early version again) and MM. He still lives with his subconscious telling him he's a thief.
>>
File: 1435905471619.gif (387KB, 500x447px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435905471619.gif
387KB, 500x447px
>>2765835
>Lend my grand-uncle my copy of Star Ixiom because he was a huge SHMUPfag
>His kids played it too
>After a few weeks my uncle gives my 30 bucks
>Puzzled, ask him why he gave me that money all of a sudden
>He tells me that a few days ago he told his kids to clean the disk because he didn't use it for some time and it had some dust on it
>They cleaned it with fucking soap and water

after more than fifteen years, I'm still mad.
>>
>>2765835
i was a little shithead with one of my friends who was arguably the worse kid influencing me. but, i was still a little shit and enjoyed it...

we definitely stole one friend's n64 games. we stole them one by one so they didn't all just disappear quickly. we used them as trade-in at funcoland to get other consoles etc.

one girl we also stole from. she had this big bad ass house and there was a game room and she had hundreds of cib nes games with the tops facing outwards. one of us would keep her distracted in the other room, while the other one pulled the games out of the boxes and threw them into their backpack. we went over to her house all the time and slowly stole them all.

this was like... 15 years ago or some shit.
>>
>>2766680

I'm sure there's a special place in hell awaiting you, especially if you say you enjoyed it.
>>
I borrowed a game and never gave it back. I have a pretty good excuse though.
The kid that let me borrow it got ran over by a semi that afternoon because he rode a bike without breaks on it.
I still have the game. Mortal Kombat for the genesis.
>>
>>2766246
Your opinion of sfa is WRONG be sad...be very sad
>>
>>2766238
What a good guy
>>
I borrowed a game from a kid and forgot about it. Sonic and Knuckles. He was about to move away and we were hanging out with some other friends. Someone asked if he brought sonic and knuckles. Before I could answer he said some other kid had borrowed it. I said no, that's not right. It was me he let borrow it, and he insisted, for some weird reason, this other kid we went to school with that wasn't there had borrowed it.

I even went and got it and was like, dude, it's yours, you're about to move away, we forgot but here it is.

He wouldn't take it. Would not let me return it. Moved away still insisting this other kid had borrowed it and that he wouldn't be able to get it back.

Duane why didn't you just fucking take your game man
>>
>>2766683
i did at the time, but now i feel like a fuckface. i was just contributing a story to the thread that actually happened and is from the other perspective.
>>
>>2766727
he wanted you to have it
>>
I lent and borrowed tons of games, but I always made sure they returned to their owner.

However, my older brother lent and never got Kirby's Adventure back. I was too young to play it before then, so I was essentially robbed of having Kirby in my childhood.
>>
>>2766727

he secretly hated that game. most people do.
>>
I was maybe in the first grade and this faggot nigger kid who literally came off gay as shit was 3 years ahead of me. I went to his house because he was a neighbor and my mom made me go to his house. Walk into his room and he has all these brand new n64 and ps1 games. Each week id take a game i remember getting spyro, mario party, and other games and this kid was none the wise to what i was doing. He came over unexpectedly one day browsing my games, he tells me he has a great collection himself. To this day he had no idea he was practically looking at his own collection of games.
>>
>>2766812

what did you mean with "came off gay as shit"? Did he touch you or something?
>>
>>2766232

>the media was right

GJ anon GJ. Proving them right from a young tender age.
>>
>>2765835
My Donkey Kong Country 3 and Pokemon Stadium 2.

Say what you will about DKC3, but I liked it.
>>
>>2766853
Also, that was "friend" in grade school who stole them. Also Pokemon Blue.
>>
>>2766853
>>2766854
Also, that kid was a kleptomaniac in general. He stole from other kids. We even put him on class trial once.
>>
>>2766860
Actually, a couple of occasions. But the other time was for something different. I don't remember what exactly, something to do with a fight.
>>
I let a friend borrow Star Fox and I borrowed Super Empire Strikes back and then he moved before we could return it.

That's about it I think.
>>
>>2765835
I once traded my Super Mario Land 2 for his gameboy game "Dexterity" because I was curious about what kind of game it was. It sucked.

He kept forgetting to trade me back, and then he moved away.
>>
>>2765835
Yes
>Digimon World 3
>Super Mario All Stars
>Streets of Rage 2
>Chrono Trigger (SNES)
>Megaman X
>Megaman X2
>Megaman X3
>Super Metroid

Fuck my life I had some shitty friends back in the day. They all moved and took my shit with them.
>>
>>2765835
I once let a friend in middle school borrow Final Fantasy Tactics Advance in exchange for him letting me borrow Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1. He claims he lost it but he traded it for pot to another guy at school.

He let me keep FFT so I ended up coming out on waaay on top.
>>
>>2766301
To be fair, I come from European back ground with no Mexican influence. In the US everyone assumes that a spanish last name means your mexican.

>>2766268
My mother assumed I bought them used with my summer job money since I bought all my own stuff at that age.
>>
Call me a shitty person, but back in the day when I was with my mom when she was picking up my sister from her babysitters, I found a dusty copy of Golden Eye in the garage buried under some stuff and took it. They got rid of their N64 about a year before then, I figured they wouldn't miss it.
>>
>>2767216
>I stole all my own stuff at that age
FTFY ya thieving cunt.
>>
>>2766232
Well I guess now that you are older and wiser you can return the games to him, or at least their monetary worth, right?
>>
>steal games from everyone as a kid
>no regret because they're not preserved in my collection where otherwise they would've been sold to a Gamestop for pennies by now
>>
File: Shop_Keeper.png (4KB, 60x64px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shop_Keeper.png
4KB, 60x64px
We have a lot of thieves on /vr/, who would have thought.
>>
My cousin stole my Pokemon Blue, of course I was so attached to it that I noticed it was gone immediately and my mother bullied him into giving it back.

Also I used to think that retro games were really fragile and had tendency to delete save files randomly for no reason, I didn't realize until I was like 18 looking back that my step-sister was just fucking with them and lying about it.
>>
Swapped dr mario on game boy for donkey kong gameboy with my cousin. He sold the thing the dick. One of my best buds from age 10 got into drugs about 15 and stole a bunch of my ps1 games and ps2 games, I was around his and opened the draw to see a pile of my CDs. I didn't say anything as I was heart broken, I'd of let them have the games with the boxes if he asked. I thoughr my brother his them till then
>>
>>2767372

thieves as children however... personally, i think every child goes through a short-lived phase where they steal stuff. i was hooked on buying Garbage Pail Kids cards back in the 80s and would take a dollar out of my mom's purse almost daily to buy some packs from the ice cream man. doesn't mean i grew up to be a thief. children start pushing the boundaries at some point... it all comes down to whether or not they decide to be decent people or not as grown ups. all of our actions are voluntary.
>>
I loaned Excitebike to my cousin around 20-21 years ago and never got it back.
>>
>>2766680
I hope you get a pine cone lodged in your rectum, thief.
>>
One of my SNES game (Batman Returns) has the name of another kid written on it. Must have been some classmate but I can't remember. I remember not knowing who it was even when I was younger.
Must be a really old classmate
>>
>>2766185

Yeah I used to work at a game store too. It was fine at first but my boss kept not taking his medication and being a piece of shit all the time so I must have taken like $2000+ in retro games over time and resold it all for ebay prices.

Feels good man, it was like $800 in Pokémon alone :^)
>>
My neighbor came over and lent me Kirby Super Star, then he moved away without notice.

I took precious care of it thinking. He would one day want it back like I would in his shoes. One day my mom, thinking it was my game, wrote my name on it in Sharpie and I got mad at her. I still have the same copy.

In reality I bet that kid never thought twice about it and his parents just bought him a new game the day he noticed it was missing.
>>
>>2765835
Duke Nukem: Time to Kill
Remember lending it to a dude named Ernesto
Fuck that guy
>>
used to have the sims complete edition and my cunt of a sister lended it to a friend without my permission and i never ever saw it again

i was so sad, it was the best edition to own
>>
I borrowed Pokémon XD from a friend and let him borrow Metroid Prime. I never really asked for the game back because after months of playing Pokémon we just stopped talking all together. Went in our own separate ways.

I don't have my GCN anymore, but I kept some games that I adored when playing the system. Still have the Pokémon game...
>>
I had my friend's copy of Rayman 2 on N64 for 4 years. We never did beat it either.

Another friend of mine purposely tried to leave Superman 64 at my house many times. He finally took it back for good a few years ago.

My brother got Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball 'borrowed' forever and ever.

I was worse with losing games. I've probably lost 10 game boy carts over the years.
>>
Everyone knew a kid who was a thief in my neighborhood. His named was Sinaad.

He stole the South Park n64 game from my friend and tried to steal my Pokemon cards once. No idea why people were his friend.
>>
>>2766862
Was he found guilty and summarily executed by a firing squad of dodgeballs?
>>
>>2765835
>Be me, mid early to mid 90s
>trading baseball and football cards
>traded a topps gold joe montana for mega man 3
Not really stealing but what a great friend. He would mainly want inserts of stars for rookie cards or other random crap like vidya or cds
>>
>>2766232
And you faggots wonder why people only trust you with their lawns.
>>
>>2765835
I think I borrowed a copy of THPS3 from my cousin, but lost it in weeks.
>>
I knew this faggot stole some games from me even though he denied it. I scratched the lasers is in his ps1 and saturn with a box cutter while he was in the bathroom. He came back and nothing worked. On my way out his house I told his parents he needed to work on his temper issues and that he'd thrown his consoles after I beat him in a game. Parents wouldn't buy him new ones b/c he needed to learn to take care of his shit. I've always been a creative asshole. BTW my games were under his mattress and I left with them.
>>
File: 1263171646872.jpg (7KB, 110x170px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1263171646872.jpg
7KB, 110x170px
>Childhood
>Playing pokemon via link cable with a good friend
>Tells me he's moving away pretty soon, and he wants me to level his pokemon
>I don't want to
>Says he won't be my friend unless I do this for him so he can beat the elite four before he leaves
>Reluctantly accept
>He trades me his entire main party
>Decide he wasn't that great of a friend
>Avoid him until he moves
>Keep all his pokemon

He became addicted to just about everything, even in middle school he was known for smoking crack. Last I heard anything about him, he had an entire can of bear mace emptied into his face for robbing a local drug dealer.
>>
>>2769393
Maybe if you hadn't been such a cunt he would have brought you in on the heist. It might have succeeded and you would have ended up with something more valuable than some junkies pokemon you could have got with a gameshark.
Right now he's sitting in jail telling his husbands about this guy who's into video games and probably had a rare nes-001 and would be sure to hand it over after having a few huge black cocks in all his orifices.
>>
>Be me @ 15
>Faggot "friend" borrows bike.
>Says it was stolen.
>See him riding it a week later.
>Beat his ass and get my bike back.
>Take his gameboy as compensation.
>He tells parents.
>Hide games.
>Tell his parents he came onto me.
>Kid shows up at school two weeks later.
>Still black and blue.
>>
>>2769574
9 year olds are cunts, anon. That's the way she goes.
>>
Back in 1992 or 93 I had a friend that was leaving town because his dad's work were transferring them to go live on the island of Martinique. My friend was about 14 and I was like 13, but anyway one day my friend shows up and he has a laptop that he stole from his dad's workplace as "payback" for making them move. He was trying to sell it and eventually realized that his departure date was close and he couldn't take the stolen laptop with him, so he just gave it to me. At the time laptops were pricey as hell, but I ended up selling it on the cheap to an older friend for $300. I spent that money and got a new GameBoy and some games. It's been over 20 years and I'm staring at some of my Gameboy carts right now. Maybe it's time to grow up. lol
>>
>>2765835
>My Pokemon Puzzle League is somewhere out there
So is mine, along with my first Gameboy Color and childhood Pokemon Blue. Advance and E-reader are gone too, and my Genesis Game Genie is currently AWOL but I'm holding out hope it's buried in my things somewhere.
I was too nice as a kid, too trusting.
>>
>>2765835
Had a step brother who sold Ranger X, Streets of Rage 2, and Power Rangers The Movie to some guy who showed him his dick once. Though I was more pissed about my dad not doing anything about the situation than my games being sold off without permission.
>>
File: 1417590817029.jpg (12KB, 261x197px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417590817029.jpg
12KB, 261x197px
>OP asks for stories from people who got their games stolen by their friends or siblings
>thread gets filled with the thieves talking about how they stole games instead

Bet one of you fuckers stole OP's games too.
>>
File: 1431895783278.jpg (70KB, 593x439px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1431895783278.jpg
70KB, 593x439px
> was a kid in the early nineties, friend had my gold Zelda nes cartridge at his house
> we had a fight so I went to his house to get it back
> he knew I was coming for the game so he stuck it under his couch before opening the door
> mfw I see gold under his couch from the front door
> I'm rushing you for my game mfer
>>
I have no proof, but I'm pretty sure this suicidal "friend" I had in middle school stole my copy of oracle of seasons.

Nintendo was about the only shared interest we had, every other thing I ever talked about with him he shit all over. He had talked about having falling outs with friends in other locations he had lived, and admitted to stealing games from them.

One day coming back from his house, I noticed extra shit on my seasons game, and I realized I must have taken his by mistake, so I asked him about it and he confirmed "yeah, that's mine".

"okay, so if I have yours, mine must be at your house still right?"

"nope."

And then he moved away, and I never found the game. I'm still angry about it, but I'd be more angry if I had never beaten it.
>>
>>2766853
>>2766854
>>2766860
>>2766862
>>2769130

I forgot to mention this, but even though he stole games from me and stole from others, he did give me "The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past."

That was the last thing he did for me after that we never spoke or did anything. I've see him rarely. I never really speak to him. I only spoke to him once awhile ago and that was just to catch up a little of what the other is doing. I don't remember how he's doing. He'd doing alright I guess.
>>
>>2765835
borrowed a playstation, SFA3 and MKT to a friend.. only got back my playstation and MKT.. we couldn't find the SFA3.. Mad I didn't have it but I borrowed it because I hadn't played it in years.

After I moved a year or more since that happened I was told by another friend working where I was shopping he got struck by a car crossing the street on Halloween night.

Still mad I don't have my copy of SFA3.. didn't think I should ask his parents if they found my game among his belongings.
>>
>>2770691
Didn't believe it at first but I assumed it true when I found flower reefs on the side of the road.. found an article that confirms, http://archives.ecmpublishers.info/static/TWL/2004/november/5mpdeath.html
>>
fucking Russian girl took my super Mario Land last year
>>
>>2765835
No. I never lent anything to niggers.
I did have a friend who seemed to believe the only way to get/keep friends was to give them stuff. So he'd steal shit, but only from stores, and give it away. A bunch of us got a buttload of stuff that way.
>>
Fuck, this topic makesemad 20 years after the fact.

>neighbor's kid who I've known since grade school.
>needs an extra snes controller
OK no prob
>get it back with grooves melted on the back, the asshole thought putting both ends on an electric heater would make them egronomic

Then there's the fucking cousins:
>older cousin visits from Eastern US
>two days after he's flown back realize he taped over my bootleg mixtape cassettes with his own monologues extolling his virtues as a human
>my fucking double dragon ost I managed to record with a spliced headset cable!
>get a call from my aunt soon after, he got caught with my super Mario land and final fantasy gb carts
>arm twisted into giving me a blubbery apology over the phone

Fucking asshole

Also:
> lending out stuff and being treated like a villainous loan shark for wanting it back
>WHY YOU GOTTA BE THAT WAY MANNNN???

>That smug face when the promise return date is long past but he "forgot it again"
>I'll totally bring it back tomorrow!
>gives you a look akin to the cats on kitty litter packaging

>step-whatevers thinking your shit is theirs to borrow and sell at will

Fuck, enough rage for now...

I
>>
I let a kid barrow Mike Tysons punch out. I kept asking for it back for a long time and didn't get it back.

A year passes before I remember to ask again.

Went to the kids house and knocked. No one came to he door. When I was leaving the little hooligan busted out the door, ran across the yard and pushed me so hard it took me off my ffeet. So he stands over me with his fists raised and about to beat my 8 year old as when I said I just wanted my game back. He's like, oh. He went in and got my game back and gave it to me. To this day I don't know what his fucking problem was.
>>
I knew this fat fucker of a kid who would borrow games from me then let HIS friends borrow them too or god knows what. Some of them he would return, others would just get "lost" forever, usually with a pretty lame excuse like "I was playing it on the toilet and it fell down on it". This made me very paranoid so I used a Dymo and started putting stickers that read "Property of Anon. Do not borrow to anybody" so my friends wouldn't borrow them to their friends. Some time after this, the fat fuck came to play to my room and few days later I noticed I was missing like 3 of my GB games, which I think he just plain out stole this time instead of "borrowing". I was fully convinced when I went to borrow a game from him later and noticed that he had one of the games I was missing except he took out the Dymo sticker off and wrote down basically the same legend but in marker, with his shitty handwriting and name, as if to make me think it was a completely different copy. I never talked to him after that.
>>
A friend of mine lost my ice blue Gameboy Pocket with rechargable batteries and a copy of Tetris. I didn't resent him that much because he was one of my close, long-time friends and also because it was around the age I was just getting my first computer and discovering emulation so I was like "yeah, I can play those GB games on my computer anytime now". Kind of stupid, now that I think about it, that mentality also made me get rid of a lot of old cartridges and consoles, that were either pawned or sold to people at dirt cheap prices.
>>
I had bought a physical copy of Legend of Dragoon for a birthday present. I had reached disc four in the throws of adventure for Dartz and company when it was disappeared.

I hope whoever took it is happy that they stole a game from an autistic teenager.
>>
Dad borrowed Worms.

Last time I ever saw him.

That was ten years ago.

Thanks, /vr/.
>>
Friend had a copy of Crash Bandicoot 3 he borrowed from his friend.

I borrow it from him.

Around 4 years later I bump into the guy who it originally belonged to at a bus stop.

"Hey, I have your Crash 3, you want it?"

"Huh?"

"Nothing."
>>
>>2769835
Fuckin way she goes
>>
File: reagan.png (453KB, 600x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
reagan.png
453KB, 600x400px
Loaned a friend my copy of Ultima IX (family just got our first Windows PC, Pentium 3 with a voodoo card and Win 98...it was used but fuck, why not?), and didn't get the game back. Like two years ago, the guy contacts me on facebook asking my address to send it back. The guy had moved to London, England and paid for postage to send me my game back.

But he didn't send the complete thing. The box cameback in near decent condition, had everything inside except for the ankh necklace. Meh.

Also I loaned the guy across the road my copy of Pokemon Snap and Metal Gear Solid for Gameboy. I ask about it for months. One day, my grandpa dies, and my mom is on the phone with my grandma, the kids mom pulls into the drive way cussing, yelling, calling me and my mom every name in the book. We go over to get them, and she makes up a story how she bought the games for him for his birthday a month prior.

I used white out to put my name on the carts (on the back) and you could see the remnants of it. A month later was christmas, they went away so I snuck into their house (living in the country, nobody locks their doors) and got my games back.
>>
>>2765835
Kind of related: I traded Shining Soul 2 for a friend's Gamecube GBA adapter. It was a group of 3 brothers who I played it with and they couldn't afford another copy. I moved a couple months later. Still have the adapter. Managed to emulate/beat SS2 a couple years later, but multiplayer with those guys was pretty fun
>>
>>2770703
Did you eat her ass at least?
>>
well whenever i give my games to my friends i never expect them to give it back
>>
>>2770932
>two days after he's flown back realize he taped over my bootleg mixtape cassettes with his own monologues extolling his virtues as a human

That sounds like it'd be too funny for me to get mad at.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 800x1027px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 800x1027px
Saved my life when a friend "borrowed" this, went to France and never returned.
>>
>>2770951
>I knew this fat fucker of a kid who would borrow games from me then let HIS friends borrow them too or god knows what.

That happened to me in high school once and his friends would let their friends borrow the game as well. I had to track down like six different people before I finally found out who currently had it.
>>
>>2765835
Fag.
>>
>1996
>Elementary school
>"Bring your electronics to school day"
>Entire day where the teachers let the kids bring their gameboys, phones, etc. on account that they were never allowed on normal times
>Bring my entire carrying case of 40 something GBC/GBA games
>Kids crowd around me wanting to play them
>Literally made a sign in sheet and had them sign in writing what game they took, and had them sit no further then 10 feet from me.
>Literally had this wall of kids sitting on the same wall as me playing games.
>One kid tried to pull a fast one and burried my survival kids in the planter.
>He was the only one unnacounted for on the sheet and the teachers interogated him for it when he claims he "lost it".

Nobody ever stole a thing from me, and I made damn sure of it.
>>
>>2776060

>1996
>GBC/GBA games

No wonder everyone wanted to play them.
>>
File: 1419811630881.jpg (4MB, 5000x3100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419811630881.jpg
4MB, 5000x3100px
>>2776060
>1996
>GBC/GBA
wow dude amazing story does your dad work for nintendo?
>>
>>2768342

I used to steal books from my 2nd grade teacher. I distinctly remember stealing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, the first one.
>>
I was always super cautious about who I lent my stuff to.

Went thru a phase a couple years back where I thought I was gonna distance myself from vidya. Lent my copy of the God of War 1&2 collection (I know. Not /vr/.) to a coworker without questioning whether I trusted them or not. Just kept telling myself "this is what normal people do."
That was 3 years ago. Still don't have it back.

I've also been looking EVERYWHERE for my copies of Warcraft, Warcraft II, WC2 expansion, StarCraft, and StarCraft expansion. Can't find em. Curious that all of those exact titles are missing. I'm afraid I may have lent them out and totally forgotten. That's very unlike me.
>>
A long time ago, I was with my parents visiting a friend of theirs since we were moving and in the area.

Their kid and I both had pokemon so we swapped for the afternoon to see what the other version was like. I had yellow and he had Red. Then it was time to go and it wasn't til like an hour of driving later that I noticed we forgot to swap back.

I was a bit disappointed to lose my lvl 90 or so pikachu but Red later taught me that pikachu was a bitch nigger anyway.
>>
In sixth grade I let a friend borrow Gunstar Heroes, Maximum Carnage, Toejam and Earl, and Streets of Rage 3, never got them back. He said he lost them, his dad made him give me like 20 bucks as compensation.
>>
>>2776258
Duuuude

I remember stealing books from my summer daycare

The RL Stines CYOA ones, Tick tock you're dead.

I actually took a bunch of things.

Books,
Random Knex pieces till I eventually had enough of my own
The class pet milipede.
Tons of art tools
And a few chairs
>>
>>2768342
What the hell, I never stole anything as a kid (or ever). But I also grew up with cartoons that beat the topic to death.
>>
This isn't retro and it actually happened like 3 years ago, but on the subject of borrowing things and giving them back...

I used to share an apartment with a childhood friend at one point. Before I got all my stuff moved in, he came one day with a bag of like 10 different games that he chose "according to my tastes", no particular reason, he was just being a bro and wanted me to have something to play in the meantime. Months passed, he got hospitalized and eventually died from cancer. I gave back all his belongings still in the apartment to his family, but for the games, I decided to keep 4 of them, both because I actually liked them and because I wanted something to remember him by. His family didn't notice anything missing because his collection was huge and played mostly by himself, so they didn't really know which games he did or didn't have. I won't say which games because they're not actually retro, but let's just say it's stuff you can still find in ebay for around $20 a piece maybe. Later, when speaking with one of his cousins, I learned one of those games wasn't actually his but the cousin's (he doesn't know I have it), but this was like a year after the fact so I thought it was awkward to just come out and say I had it

You guys think this was an asshole thing to do?
>>
>>2776979
I have no idea how long ago this was, but just reading it made me want to punch that shit eating kid...

...and tell his dad to shove the $20 and hunt down and buy you new copies, because he clearly doesn't get it, and no one taught him the first fuck thing about how conflict resolution works.
>>
>>2777027
He was an asshole for giving out games that weren't his to begin with, and you perpetuated his legacy of asshole by not returning it.

Spend the $20. It would be worth the peace of mind in my book.
>>
>>2765875
>Red Alert
>eye cancer

Oh shit. You must be talking about Virtual Boy, huh? I thought you meant Command and Conquer: Red Alert.

I may be jumping to conclusions here, but I think the game you were referring to was called Red Alarm, not Alert. I was confused there.
>>
File: BULBA.png (93KB, 320x267px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BULBA.png
93KB, 320x267px
WILLIAM GIVE ME BACK MY FUCKING MAJORA'S MASK YOU LITTLE SHIT
>>
The only thing vidya related that was stolen from me was pokemon cards. I wasn't a social kid, though, so I rarely traded/borrowed stuff.

>>2777027
Nah, he'd probably prefer someone was enjoying his games, rather than being pawned off or collecting dust in an attic.
>>
Remembered a story 3rd grade.

>Rainy day, they keep us indoors during recess
>Kids knew what was up. We bring in Gameboys
>My buddy and I bring in our gameboys and Tetris to play together. He also brings Mario Land 2
>recess time
>Mario is Missing™
>Girl in class is playing same game, same level my friend's save was at.
>Call her out on it
>"Nope. It's mine."
>Clearly lying. Tell the teacher.
>"Did you take anon's game?"
>"Nope. It's mine."

Problem unresolved. Game stolen. Life long grudge set in stone.
>>
>>2765835
I was a klepto as a kid. Stole so many games especially gba cartridges.
>>
I was a fucked up dude as a kid. I would hope beyond hope that people I borrowed shit from would forget I had it and never ask for it back.

Luckily once I was older, I realized how filthy that was and that I would never want someone to do the same to me. I'll refuse to borrow people's stuff unless I'm sure it's something I can be totally DONE with in a small frame of time now.
>>
>Ctrl+F Black
>Ctrl+F nigger

huh. color me shocked. would have suspected a higher number of results
>>
>>2765835
I borrowed Sonic 2 for MS from a friend.
I have to say he was gradually playing with me less and less, fucking soccer mini clubs.
>>
Parents had a friend that they'd hang out with a lot which meant I hung out with her kids. Her son, a few years older than me, was into games and we'd play genesis and playstation all the time over at their house. They came to our house once and after they left several of my playstation games and a controller were missing, some replaced by games he tried to get me to trade with him but I was not interested. He had a history of stealing so my parents told his mom and she came over with some games and controllers. Unfortunately none of the shit there was mine but she gave me one of the controllers which was a piece of shit.
I still sometimes miss Rock em Sock em Robots Arena.
>>
>>2766045
How can you be me if I'm me?
>>
>>2780134
Nah we are adults you faggot.
>>
>>2766187
fucking find him on the internet and say that to him. You'll fell better, filthy sick friend
>>
>>2776991
>Stealing chairs

I... Wot.
>>
>>2780134
/pol/ gave up on this board and started shitting up /m/ instead.
>>
>>2766232
I fucking hate Mexicans because of Mexicans like you that fit your own stereotype.
>>
>>2768335
Why is your grammar and spelling terrible?
>>
>>2781312
Who cares, you can either read it or skip over it. Shit heads point out spelling and grammar on Internet forums.
>>
I have the GBC version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone that I borrowed from a friend.

Said friend also stole my copy of The Sims once but he was eventually found out and gave it back and we ended up on good terms again.
>>
>>2765835
I let my friend borrow my Gameboy Color and Zelda: Link's Awakening+Oracle of Ages because he and his family were going on a road trip. They ended up staying there permanently and I never got it back.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 14


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.