[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"What's That Game?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 59

I'm gonna start a thread where we help each other find games we encountered way back when but can't remember their name because I'm bored.

1. Post a description of the game to the best of your memory. MS Paint picture welcome.
2. Help other anons find their game.
3. Recommend other games to anons while you wait.
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 816x460px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 816x460px
The game I've been trying to find is from around the mid 90's I think and has a large purple alien on the cover art.

The opening cinematic is the player getting inside some type of capsule/pod that's sitting in the middle of a science lab (tesla coils and blinking lights kind of look). You either time travel or get transported to another planet; the first level is a type of jungle with a village.

There are tons of spike fruits laying around everywhere and it the game controls like Diable/Fallout, etc; with a grid inventory on the main screen.
>>
Two games I can't remember:

First one is a game where you have to survive in an alien world, and all the aliens speak a language that you can't understand. Someone suggested Captain Blood in previous threads but I faintly remember you owning a car with wheels in the game, rather than a spaceship. Also you had to buy parts from the aliens for your car.

Second one is a top-down action/horror game, can't seriously remember whether it had horror or not. The setting was an arctic village/base, maybe in Alaska or Antarctica? Gameplay was basically comparable to Hotline Miami, kind of.
>>
Looking for a DOS(?) Action Platformer. You play as a walking reptile and blow shit up with weapons. Enemies would burst into meat, blood and bones if killed.
>>
I've been in countless threads like this and nobody's known what the fuck I'm talking about but here it goes:

Very strange pac-man offshoot for PC. Must of been around '99 - '02. The game played similarly to pac-man, except the version of pac-man you controlled looked different and the levels you progressed through were a lot more varied. I remember there being a big holiday level with big nutcrackers on each side of the level, cheery holiday music playing w/ eerie children chorus. I also remember watching a small cut scene where a car accident happens on the level you're about to go through, one of the NPCs involved in the car crash had the sprite of a house fly.

Even the siblings I played this game with think I'm insane for bringing it up, nobody seems to remember it.
>>
>>2748785
Abuse?
>>
>>2748867
That's not it. You can see that your character is a green reptile in some kind of armor. It was also more comicy. Like jazz jack rabbit.
Thanks anyways.
>>
>>2748836
http://www.welovedosgames.net/article/CD-Man/

was it cd man?
>>
>>2748963
Guimo
http://playdosgamesonline.com/guimo.html
>>
>>2748651
is this is?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/alien-breed-tower-assault/cover-art/gameCoverId,173945/
>>
>>2751173
Holy shit that's it. Thank you.
I can finally rest in peace.
>>
>>2748776

Surely not Metal Gear Solid 1?
>>
this creepy ass NES game where you play as an android and it begins with you walking down a pathway that's brown like dirt and killing other android I think, it's really difficult and the music is bleak and the gameplay is shit but I thought it was cool in a thematic way due to how impossible it was, it wasn't Terminator either, though that's similar in the way I described
>>
Was an arcade game. From what I can remember, was kinda fantasy styled beat em up, and in the intro or the attract mode, showed a ton of characters that were playable. However, when you began the game, you only had access to 2 of them, and could unlock the rest along the way, I think. FTR, I know for a fact it's not the D&D games, Golden Axe, or King of Dragons.
>>
>>2748776

Might be a stretch, but could the second game be Loaded for PS1?
>>
I remember a game that started with the player character being in a house that is destroyed by a spaceship. A robot then has the character come aboard the spaceship in a adventure point and click title. I believe it started with starship something. I remember it was based on a vacation spaceship and you got your own bedroom that could be upgraded etc.
>>
>>2754226
starship titanic
>>
I found a game on download.com (cnet) way back when. It was a 2D sidescroller where you played as a ninja, you were chibi, and had a bobble head. You didn't have a mask and I think wore mostly white, brown hair and maybe a red scarf? Pretty typical as you could throw shurikens, use your sword and I think use some limited kanji fire power thing. The first level had castle rooftops that you could jump on or jump under. Basically a cuter ninja gaiden / shinobi without wall jumping.

Seemed japanese made, as if it were some old PC game from the 90s maybe.
>>
>>2754679
>>>2754226 (You)
>starship titanic
>>2754679
>>>2754226 (You)
>starship titanic
>>2754679

Thanks! Now to find a copy.
>>
>>2754812
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Douglas-Adams-Starship-Titanic-Adventure-Game-PC-Windows-Win-95-/181895012983?hash=item2a59c9a277:g:6-EAAOSwT6pV4c~u
>>
I was recommended a game on here that I forgot to write down and now I can find no info about.
Apparently it was a fighting game but you could equip items or something? and maybe it had a fantasy theme?
Red Earth sounds kinda like it but I don't think it was Red Earth
>>
I'm trying to find a light gun NES game, it was set in a dark jungle and I remember you fought natives who threw bones at you and you shoot them down. The game was part of a 350-in-1 multicart.
>>
>>2755856
Flying Dragon for the N64?
>>
File: file.png (117KB, 305x255px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
117KB, 305x255px
The game probably isn't even /vr/, but here goes.

It was a PC game, that I managed to get from a dollar store, and it came on a CD shaped very similarly to the one pictured. The game itself was a 3D space shooter, I dare say it was similar to Starfox. I remember that the game starts you off by defending a planet, which eventually blows up, leaving you to wander space. I could never get far in the game, and that's as far as I made it.

Anyone have any idea?
>>
>>2755868
Any others? There weren't many light gun games released, and none come to mind that match it. However, Shooting Range does have Indians in it, though they just walk back and forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G54MllM2Gx8
>>
>>2755915
Nope sorry.
I checked every light gun game released but no luck thats why I asked here maybe it was some sort of unlicensed game or something.
The multicart looked like this but had other gameshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXNROpAkBMc
Thanks anyway.
>>
>>2755926
Do you have more information about the game? What you're giving is a pretty vague description.
>>
>>2748776
>Second one is a top-down action/horror game, can't seriously remember whether it had horror or not. The setting was an arctic village/base, maybe in Alaska or Antarctica? Gameplay was basically comparable to Hotline Miami, kind of.

The second could be The Thing, i remember a game adapted from the movie, but in reality it was after the events of the movie.
>>
It was some sort of PC RTS with 2d graphics (that looked really pretty from what I remember) I'd say it was made between 1998 and 2000

You could play as some viking looking people and the enemy was some sort of evil things probably undead but didn't get a good look at them but I remember their buildings had creep around them. All I remember of the mechanics is that you had to turn workers into warriors.
>>
should be easy, NES game, little man in yellow suit, i think astronaut helmet, timed-levels, had to finish some task/hit some button, get back out before you run out of air. might've started with letter A, alpha maybe. possibly had a gun that shot little white pellets. vertical levels maybe, i think the fellow could float
>>
A sort of arcade style (maybe racing) where you drive cars and battle. The character I remember playing as was a guy strapped to two big wheels and he shot rockets.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 444x233px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 444x233px
>>2756735

Twisted Metal
>>
>>2753907

I feel like this was a Neo Geo game, but I can't find it.
>>
>>2753907

Looked a little more, Ninja Combat or Sengoku? I remember this game, I played it at the arcade as a kid
>>
File: gfs_49856_2_26[1].jpg (75KB, 534x500px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_49856_2_26[1].jpg
75KB, 534x500px
>>2756458
Air Fortress?
>>
NES game or SNES, can't really remember. It was a building/construction game where you can choose one of three types of buildings (European, Asian(?) And something where you can build palaces ) Anyhow, it had pretty good graphics for its time. You can spawn everything from blocks to windows and you can building whatever you want. It was the best game of my childhood and I have been looking for it ever since and never got close to find it. Can you, Anons help me? I appreciate it.
>>
Two games:

SNES sidescroller where you control a guy with a gun and enemies are other guys with guns. First stage is a forest with a cave at the top, with a portal to the past/future/other world inside. After the portal you're in a desert town. Going to the left of the town gets you to the desert, and there's a cave in the middle of it. Inside there's a boss battle against a guy with a gun who jumps around.

Probably Dreamcast or Playstation. Survival horror inside a space station with aliens. You control a woman. At one point an alien fetus shows up inside your throat, and you have to race to have surgery before it comes out. There might have been first-person sections.
I actually have only read a walkthrough for this one in a magazine, so things might be off.
>>
>>2757148
There's only like 4 survival horrors on the DC, so it's either D3 or Galerians because it isn't carrier or RE:CV. There might be one or two I'm forgetting though. Hasn't been long enough for me to tackle the rest of my DC backlog and I'm too lazy to buy more CD-Rs.
>>
>>2757213
I know it isn't Illbleed, so I didn't even mention that as a possibility.
>>
>>2757148
The description of that second game sounds like Enemy Zero for the Saturn to me.
>>
>>2757224
Looks like it was Enemy Zero. I'll have a look. Thank you.
>>
I used to play a demo in my uncle's computer like 20 years ago and can't find it again for my life. It was an 2D isometric platformer where you controlled a purple (perhaps blue) alien. The levels where somewhat linear "corridors" (they were actually elevated passes and the void acted as "walls", you couldn't fall) but had a bunch of secrets if you managed to find some alternate paths. I seem to recall it being really colorful and crisp looking.
>>
I'm looking for a game I played long ago. I have tried to remember it so many times and can never find it. It was a PC game from the early/mid 90's, a 2D side scrolling point and click adventure game. You were a young boy or teenager. All I can remember was a level (I think early on in the game) where you were in a sort of forest or something, and you hang upside down from a rope tied to a tree and scoop something out of the top of a swamp (or some water??) below you.
>>
>>2758850
As another helpful hint, the gameplay and style are very similar to the King's Quest series.
>>
>>2758882
Teenagent?
>>
>>2761127
>Teenagent
sadly no... i was excited at first thinking you might have finally solved the mystery lol
>>
>>2761183
Any more details, like art style, colour of protagonist's hair? Any details will help massively. There are like 200 adventure games with a teen protag.
>>
>>2758850
>and you hang upside down from a rope tied to a tree and scoop something out of the top of a swamp (or some water??) below you
I believe something like this happens in Simon the Sorcerer 1 or 2.
>>
File: 1383387270145.gif (881KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1383387270145.gif
881KB, 200x200px
It was a game like bomberman same top down respective where you would go through levels and i think you had to get to the end and you destroyed blocks. It was like a puzzle game i think where you had to destroy/move blocks or something.

I played it on either a windows98 or win95 machine.

I've gone through hundreds of mobygames pages trying to find this fucker but i just cant.
>>
>>2761758
Oh i forgot to mention i also remember there was scissors trying to kill you.
>>
I played this game when i was a kid on a DOS computer. It was a platformer that was kind of like prince of persia but everything was blue and i remember the death scream when you fell in a hole was horrifying and scared me to death.
>>
File: supaplex.gif (12KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
supaplex.gif
12KB, 320x200px
>>2761758
Sounds like Supaplex
>>
>>2761807
Death by Dark Shadows?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIedGZUnAYs
>>
>>2761807
Or impossible mission 1 or 2. Death scream is certainly horrific.
>>
>>2761208
dang i dont think that was it... honestly im not 100% sure you were a kid, but i think that you were. i thought you had on a hat as well. its so frustrating because if i could just see that one scene the whole thing would come back to me lol.
>>
Pc game I played atleast 15 years ago as a kid. You put ropes from top and bottom and your mice get openings in cheese to move to the right, and the computer does the same but going left.
>>
Can anyone tell me what the music the very beginning (only the first 8 seconds or so) of this video is from? It's SO evocative but I can't remember, so it must be obvious. Chrono Trigger? Arrrgh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNrEJYnx5VI
>>
>>2763620
It's some OC Remix of Geno's Forest from SMRPG.
>>
>>2763631

Thank you!
>>
>>2756990
https://youtu.be/ncfkf8C1Y_o?t=7s
>>
>>2748643
I thinks its retro
Its a Speedy Gonzales game
A 2D platformer
I can be played on PC
I remember a lot of sand or gold, I don't remember right
Gonzales sprite was tiny
>>
>>2763696
Actually forget about Gonzales, I just remember the sprite was tiny and I saw it as a brown mouse.
Predominant colors where yellow and brown.
>>
Ninja game on PS1.

I remember the graphics being amazing at the time, and really bloody.
>>
>>2763826
I want to say Tenchu
But nobody could forget the name of that amazing game.
>>
>>2763846

Well, I did. I only played a quick demo at a friend's house in the 90's. It looks about right on a quick Google image search.
>>
Would like to know of two games. One's from NES and the other is from PC.

The first on NES was when my family bought the NES when I was a kid. It looked like Mario but he was climbing lasers and blocks were all gray looking. I thought it was air fortress, wrecking crew, or mighty bomb jack but it was not...

The PC one was on the time magic carpet was aroundish? It was like a movie-type game with aliens but instead of them being animated, they were like puppets and you could go on different planets and stuff...
>>
>>2763668
Fuck Fuck Fuck! Dude, you fucking rock. I can't believe after all this time I've found it... such nostalgia. I remember searching architect but found nothing, is that the name of the game? I really wanted to removed this thread from watch list because I was desperate to find it and gave up on it but I decided not to and I'm glad I didn't do it.. Thank you so much! Kindly provide me with its name and platform. Also, how did you find it??
>>
All I remember about the game I'm trying to identify is that it was an NES game with a gargoyle coming to life on the cover. There weren't any other characters/monsters on it, JUST a gargoyle, and I believe it was staring at you.

I always saw it at the rental store and was curious but never got around to trying it, so I have no clue what kind of game it was.
>>
>>2763826
Was it Ninja: Shadow of Darkness? Because that game's awesome.
>>
File: Madou_Monogatari_-_ARS-2.jpg (123KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Madou_Monogatari_-_ARS-2.jpg
123KB, 640x400px
Saw the game posted here a couple of months ago. It was a Japaense first person dungeon crawler. It was anime as fuck and I think it had Dragon in the title. It also has a few sequels. pic sorta related.
>>
>>2764348
oh yea and it was for PC. Atleast I think
>>
>>2764350
>>2764348
Dragon Knight?
The only one that got released in english was Dragon Knight 3 retitled as Knights of Xenthar.
>>
>>2764362
mmm im not sure if this is it. I seem to recall it having a party system. But I might be wrong. I have a real vague memory of it. It could be Dragon Knight though not a 100% sure.
>>
File: gargoylesquest2.jpg (92KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
gargoylesquest2.jpg
92KB, 640x900px
>>2764337
>>
>>2764407
Nope. There were no other characters/monsters on the cover, just a gargoyle, and I think the gargoyle was grey.
>>
>>2756979

thank you, that's it
>>
A PC point and click game in a medieval setting. I barely remember anything, but I think the main character had blonde hair. I remember it being like an interactive cartoon, somewhere around Dragon's Lair/Freddy the Fish style, but I know it wasn't Dragon's Lair. It was almost definitely pre-96, and I feel like it might have been DOS.

The disc was dark blue without a picture, and the game title was either gold or white.
>>
>>2764241
No problem mate. Its Architect on NES, its unlicensed game from china, maybe thats why its not on every rom site, but if you google "Architect nes rom download" you should find it without any problems.
>how did you find it??
By downloading unlicensed games pack and playing each one years ago. I remember many titles from top of my head now.
>>
>PC, around mid 90s
>don't think we ever had a DOS PC so at the very least it was for Windows 95 but it did work on 98 as well
>not really a game I guess? More like a semi-educational interactive story book
>mainly about nursery rhymes like Jack and Jill went up the hill, the cow jumped over the moon, etc but they were all set up as existing in the same world
>main character that'd go through the stories with you was this yellow bear but I think you had to find him or complete the little story correctly for him to show up
>I think the bear was also one of the few, if not the only, yellow thing in the game to help him stand out
>don't remember if there was an overarching story or something where the bear had to go from nursery rhyme to nursery rhyme to do some quest or whatever beyond just teaching the kid playing about the nursery rhymes

Don't care about playing it now. But I'm starting to think I just imagined the entire thing. Just want to find it to be sure I'm not going crazy.
>>
File: shadowgate.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shadowgate.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>2764337
Sir, the cover you are talking about is from Shadowgate.
>>
File: 97368.jpg.png (36KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
97368.jpg.png
36KB, 640x400px
>>2764348
Could be Dragon Master Silk
>>
Here's something that been bothering me for a while now.

Cousin of mine had a original gameboy game, some open world rpg where you could explore the map and have random encounters. The only thing I remember definitely is that I watch him get into a fight with a monster called a Gold Golem, and after he struggled to beat it he ended up with 4000 or 40000 gold coins for the effort.

As far the the general style of the game I'd say dragon quest, but those were both gameboy color games, this one was monochromatic.
>>
File: og.png (62KB, 171x164px) Image search: [Google]
og.png
62KB, 171x164px
>>2764505
THAT'S IT
>>
hey guys, i got one im trying to figure out. the game reminded me of "vvvvvv". it had tons of spikes all over and you just had to get through to the end. it had very 8bit grafx and i think maybe it was jap only?(could be wrong about that part) driving me nuts
>>
>>2764123
>The PC one was on the time magic carpet was aroundish? It was like a movie-type game with aliens but instead of them being animated, they were like puppets and you could go on different planets and stuff...

Commander Blood?
>>
>>2755912
Incoming?
>>
>>2764510
The Gold Golem that leaves tons of coins really is a staple of the Dragon Quest series.
Maybe he played one of the GBC games on an original Game Boy.
>>
>>2758850
Flight of the Amazon Queen? Start of in a forest, main character has a hat. He's not a teenager though. And I vaguely remember there being a part where you are strung upside down.
>>
>>2764481
Fable? Not the Molyneux abortion, but the adventure game.
>>
>>2764510
The Final Fantasy Legend (aka SaGa) games are very similar in style to dragon quest. Maybe there's a gold golem in one of them?
>>
>>2764496
I fucking love you.
>>
Fighting game, I played it in the arcade as a kid. I THINK it was cartoony, but might have been kinda violent. The main thing I remember is it had a terrifying looking character with a bunch of blades for hands, and a big creepy smile. He had a baraka-like move where he'd go wild with his blades chopping in front of him while crazily screaming something like YAYAYAYA. I think he might have had teleportation moves too. It was out during the mortal kombat ripoffs era (like bloodstorm).
>>
>>2748643
>That lamp post

I'm sorry, Coda.
>>
>>2764540
i remember it had like secret parts you could like walk through certain spikes and stuff. looked like some jap-only nes game. coulda been pc though, just cant remember :(
>>
>>2748836
I think it's pac-guy made with games factory or klick and play.
>>
A horizontal SHMUP on Windows. 3D rendered graphics. The first boss was a giant yellow robotic spider. That's all I remember.
>>
>>2764552
Commander Blood

THANK YOU KIND SIR!
>>
>>2764540
me again... anyone?? if anyone has played vvvvvv you may know the game im talking about. 8-bit looking nes grafx. it came out long before vvvvvv did. might be pc only, or some nes homebrew rom. might be jap only. sorry to be annoying, but its driving me nuts
>>
>>2748643
This was an educational game I played back in elementary school (maybe '98, and it was probably a few years old by that time already). It was either on PC or mac, I honestly don't know which it was back in the day that my school had.

The only thing I really remember about it was that you're character(s?) climbed a mountain (like, they walked up switch backs, not rock climbed or anything), and as you went further up the questions became more difficult. I think it also had a leader board function of some type because I remember students that got further by the end of the semester got more points towards some goal the teachers set.

I happened to remember this the other day, but I can't for the life of me remember what game that was.
>>
>>2765945
Do you remember any additional details about it?
>>
>>2764702
Fulgore from Killer Instinct maybe?
>>
>>2764503
tuneland maybe?
>>
>>2766094
a level would be nothing but tons of spikes. then falling and falling barely dodging walls of spikes then land on a moving platform or something. and some parts had spiked you could just walk through. like the hardest shit ever.. i remember when super meatboy first came out people were like "pfft meatboy is easy, try playing this!" i played it and it was fun but hard... i know there are youtube videos of it too..
>>
>>2766218
You're not thinking of I wanna be the guy or something are you?
>>
>>2766218
Spikes, more spikes, and random idiosyncratic object behaviour? Probably "I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game".

I was going to say VVVVVV, but that didn't have spikes you could walk through.
>>
>>2766225
yea its not i wanna be the guy, i know that game.
>>
>>2766223
the grafx werent nearly as good as i wanna be the guy. more like bad 8bit grafx
>>
>>2766241
1001 spikes?
>>
>>2764702

killer instinct
>>
>>2766142
>>2766261

Not Killer Instinct - thanks tho - I'm worried that this game was super obscure, I've been trying to figure this out for years. It was definitely drawn, not rendered graphics. The screaming the character did was high pitched, not deep, and he MIGHT have looked like those Chinese (?) hopping vampires
>>
File: Choi96.gif (43KB, 88x72px) Image search: [Google]
Choi96.gif
43KB, 88x72px
>>2766323
Are you thinking of the guy with freddy kruger claws from king of fighters?

If not it might be one of the other SNK games, like last blade. Sounds closest to the style you're describing.
>>
>>2766405

That's it! For some reason I hadn't thought it was him before, but I looked up his '94 incarnation and that's definitely it, I also think you're right about Last Blade and I was mixing him up with later memories of Shikyoh. Thanks!!!
>>
Plataform, 2d, DOS, very old but a good view/colorfull, I guess dwarfs, dimonds droped by boxes.
>>
>>2766448
A Real Challenge.
>>
>>2766489
This is the name?
>>
>>2766490
No.
>>
>>2766448
Lost vikings?
>>
>>2766159
Holy shit my mind didn't make it up. Thanks anon. Now this'll stop fucking bugging the hell out of me.
>>
Anyone remember this BBS door game?
It wasn't LORD or Usurper, but it was a similar fantasy text menu-based hack-and-slash type game. It had the usual forest where you could fight monsters X number of times per day, weapon/armor shops, the "back alley" where you could do various criminal behaviors, you could buy property as investments that would earn you money and assassinate other players..

I remember the equipment cost system having a silly exponential growth rate where each new item cost 10 times as much as the last one until you were paying like 3 trillion gold for the next weapon.
>>
It's a pretty old fantasy game.
You play one of two or three brothers and when you die you switch. When they all die it's game over.
Worse things you looted earlier stay looted so each time you continue it actually get's harder.

Another game that I remember that's also fantasy had this really early fake 3D look. You ran around in the woods fighting soldiers and boars with a sword or bow but it was very awkward so running was usually the better option.
>>
>>2767426
>You play one of two or three brothers and when you die you switch. When they all die it's game over.

The Faery Tale Adventure.
>>
Two games that I can't remember. Both were on a computer that was pre-loaded with tons of games.

The first was a 2D side-scroller. The little dude you played was, like, wearing a red and blue suit and the environment was made of computer chips and stuff. The enemies were sort of computer viruses, I suppose; I do remember they were like robots or something. Years ago, I swear AddictingGames used the little red and blue guy as their tab image.

Second was also 2D, but it fit the screen. You were a pyramid explorer or something and were being chased by a mummy. You'd have to use the Space Bar to create ladders to climb up to platforms and reach a door, which brought you to the next level. Sometimes you'd fall from the ceiling on the left or right side and the mummy would follow you, or you'd start off at opposite ends. The mummy got faster as you progressed.
>>
File: microman.png (14KB, 544x390px) Image search: [Google]
microman.png
14KB, 544x390px
>>2767637
First one sounds like MicroMan.
>>
>>2767663
That's it! Holy shit, thank you. It's been bugging me for years and now I know!
>>
I've asked about this game in every one of these threads I've seen, and while it took over a year, someone found an earlier request, so hopefully this will be found as well.

Its an RPG/Maybe Roguelike game where death is permanent, you start in your own house, limbs have their own health, and upon entering new zones you get a message that was something along the lines of 'You have entered _____. You are considered _____ here.', with the second being a reputation of sorts. I believe your character's head was visible at all times by the limbs, and he was bald. It was Freeware/shareware, and I most likely got it at download.com. A common suggestion given is IVAN, but I'm very familiar with IVAN, and it's not it.
>>
>>2767663
That game was fucking awesome.
>>
>>2751184
I've played a bit of that, it's nothing like what that anon described.
>>
>>2767824
Elona?
>>
>>2764348
>retro dungeon crawler
>anime
>title starts with "Dragon"
It's kind of funny how little that narrows it down.
>>
File: image.png (3KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3KB, 256x240px
>>2764123
Super Pitfall?
>>
>>2767878
Nah, this was around a decade before Elona came out. Somewhere near 1999-2000. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>2758676
Just found it, name is Gubble if anyone is interested,
>>
I don't know if this is a commercial retro game or indie retro game, but:

1. It is a 2D top-down perspective game.

2. pomegranate is the enemy(or blocks that you can destroy?) of the game. No, I'm serious. I'm pretty sure it also appears in the title screen.

3. You can also collect gold coins.

4. Don't know if this helps, but the atmosphere was quite creepy.

This obscure retro game really scared the shit out of me when I was kid. I really want to play it again.
>>
>>2768109
Shit, that looks really neat.
>>
>>2767426
The other one kind of sounds like Time Commando.
>>
>>2768031

No. I remember that one though...Thanks for trying though
>>
File: JumpJimJoe.png (4KB, 765x515px) Image search: [Google]
JumpJimJoe.png
4KB, 765x515px
It was an old DOS (or maybe Apple) game.

Monochrome, black and green and very simplistic graphics, I think the main character was literally just a stickman.

The only enemies were boxy robots who patrolled back and forth and shot you if you got too close. You could jump, climb ladders, slide down ramps, and collect keys to beat the level.

I'm 99% sure the game was called Jump Jim Joe, but nobody I've talked to has ever heard of a game with that title. Google doesn't help, obviously.
>>
>>2764496
Do you still have the link for the unlicensed game pack?
>>
There was a NES or SNES game that was a sidescroller... It had platformer elements and I think some beat 'em up gameplay too. It was set in feudal Japan I think, or at least had a Japanese aesthetic, and was primarily darkly coloured... I remember it being played on this Australian gameshow called A*mazing. It had a one work title I think. Can't fucking recall it for the life of me. Been eating at me for ages
>>
File: Kabuki_Quantum_Fighter.jpg (127KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
Kabuki_Quantum_Fighter.jpg
127KB, 300x411px
>>2769746
Sounds kind of like Kabuki Quantum Fighter.
>>
>>2758850
Was it Torin's Passage?
There is one moment in there with hanging on a rope over the swamp.
>>
>>2754759
Somewhat late, but this sounds like Dragon Ninja Saga.
>>
>>2770076
DEAR GOD.... you have just solved one of the biggest mysteries of my life... thank you so much lol. I have no desire to actually ply this game, but the wondering what it was has bothered me for years and years.... and its finally over. the game is Torin's Passage.... lol wow. thanks m8
>>
>>2770147
Glad that was helpful.
Not having a desire to play in this case is a good thing: to this day I've never seen another adventure game with such a big flood of frustrating puzzles to solve.
>>
i remember playing a game gear game, something like a shmup, that had a yellow ship and blue background on the cartridge art. any help?
>>
>>2748643
blonde protagonist, hardly talks
some negro friend with gunarm,
in the beginning they jump off a train,
>>
>>2770287

Dragon Quest
>>
>>2769746
First Samurai?
>>
>>2770287
Ehrgeiz
>>
8 bit beat em up game which I think might be on the master system, maybe Nes idk

all I remember were the first 2 bosses

the first boss had a big abobo looking guy you had to fight and there was a wimpy guy behind him, when you hit the abobo guy a few times the wimpy guy would run back and forth until you hit him.

2nd boss had a normal guy or girl but on the bottom level there was a guy with a machine gun that was firing left and right in a fixed position.

also i apologise for the super super shitty ms paint.

this is boss 1
>>
File: super shit ms paint boss 2.png (7KB, 904x816px) Image search: [Google]
super shit ms paint boss 2.png
7KB, 904x816px
>>2770457
and this is boss 2
>>
A ps1 action/platformer type game with a horror/gothic atmosphere. I remember eastern European styled cities as part of the level design. The main character was ghoulish/skeletal, with long greasy hair, and a trenchcoat. I thought it might've been Legacy of Kain so I gave it a download but it wasn't it. One of the boss battles (might've been the final one) involved blowing up a tower I think.
>>
>>2770480
Haven't played it before, but what you're describing sounds like what I remember seeing of a Vampire Hunter D review in PSM back in the day. See if memory serves.
>>
A sidescroller where youre a tiny helicopter, enemies were tanks, bosses were (mostly?) big helicopters.
Could've been a Genesis or SNES game.
I checked Google, and no, its not Desert / Urban / Jungle Strike or Twin Cobra.
>>
File: Untitled16.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled16.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
A sidescroller for the mega drive. The first level was a jungle with some temple ruins. The sprites were about the same size as flashback/another world and the mechanics might have also been similar but I'm not sure. Somewhere near the beginning of the level there was a raised platform with a couple of slow moving enemies on it like in the attached pic. I'm also not 100% sure that this was the first level as I played at a display in a shop, so it's possible I was continuing someone else's game without realising it.
>>
>>2770798

choplifter 3?
>>
>>2748651
Cybermercs?

or.. or, Shadowgrounds?
>>
File: Star Wraith.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wraith.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>2755912
homeworld
its not homeworld, but i just wanted to cross it

im betting its Star Wraith (pic related)

http://gameslikefinder.com/games-like-homeworld/
>>
>>2769120
could it not be atari , commodore, MSX ?
not that i have a suspect
>>
>>2769710
No, but many pirated games still can be downloaded from http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/
just click the FAMI dumping project link on the right.
>>
>>2770918
Pitfall Mayan Adventure
>>
>>2770974
No. The sprites were smaller and the animation was less cartoony. It also seemed to be more of a fantasy setting.
>>
>>2770457
probably not it, but the first boss reminds me of NES Roller Games: (3:20 is the first boss part)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r50jJoimpR4
>>
>>2770983
wow not a bad example actually, that was probably it. first stage looks like the stage i remember, thanks.
>>
>>2770970
Thank you
>>
Hey /vr/ I need your help.

All day I've been racking my brain trying to remember a game I played as a kid (I'm now 20) I'm not 100% sure if it was a ps1 or ps2 game. It was a third person fantasy medieval themed game, I believe you start of in a castle, in the game you'd solve puzzles, and one level i remember was an island level where you would have to run up the island via running around it, and would have to dodge traps and jump over holes. and i believe when you got near the top youd have to jump over/dogde a bolder being pushed down by something at the top. I cannot remember anymore I am sorry but i hope this may be enough information for someone to remember, I am from the UK if that helps (?) Please help me find this game to relieve my childhood.
>>
>>2770230
found it. it's aerial assault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjF0hhbEv8A
>>
>>2748651
Zax the Alien Hunter
>>
Guy runs around (either his name is harvest or the town is called harvest I think) killing monsters with a large dual bladed scythe (think a sycthe wielding darth maul). It was on PS1, possibly a demo disc.
>>
It was a backed by the military game. With a helicopter and a jeep. maybe 90'. A lot like firepower. maybe even a successor.
>>
>>2772129
nvm guys it's definitely return fire. thx though
>>
File: olg game.jpg (40KB, 1044x477px) Image search: [Google]
olg game.jpg
40KB, 1044x477px
I've been looking for this one for years without luck.

It was an action adventure game, 3rd person, with 3d characters, in a medieval fantasy setting.

You were the guy on the left and you fought monsters like the right, green, made out of balls.

I remember getting it from a demos magazine that also came with the Diablo 1 demo, so I think it must be from 1996/1997. (It was a "Revista do CD-ROM magazine, brazilian published, if there are any other brazilians here that remember this, please, give me a hint).

Ir anybody could help, I would be immenselly grateful.
>>
>>2772119
nightmare creatures
>>
>>2771640

Pandemonium?
>>
>>2764594
That might be it but is there anything similar it might be? Been a while.
>>
File: 1446467314002481272552.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1446467314002481272552.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>2772464
This magazine?
>>
>>2773117

Yes, that's the one. Is the game I'm talking about mentioned in there in any way?
>>
So guys, I need your help. There is this game that every now and then comes back to my memory, I played it on one of those big ugly Imac G3 when I was 5-6 in 99' or around that time. I remember there were heaps of games w very very low graphics I played on that Mac, maybe ports from other consoles but I have very little memories. Anyway this game was an old style RPG/action rpg where you were this guy and you had to save 7 princesses (maybe there were a few secret ones) and each time you saved one after killing a big boss you could choose a prize between money, a kiss and something else. The monsters were visible in the "world map" and when you approached them you could attack using a classic rpg menu
I also remember there was the possibility to do some gambling games like darts or something. I kinda remember there was a ! in the title, and I was sure it was called Yipie! But nothing called like that exists. I hope someone will remember this game as well and solve this curiosity of mine.
>>
>>2774523
http://macintoshgarden.org/games/rpg

I've never heard of that game, but this might help.
>>
>>2774526
http://www.yipesoftware.com/yipeiiiPC.htm
Found it thanks to you! 16 years later looks like extreme shit lol
>>
>>2774550
Oh wow, you're welcome. Enjoy!
>>
There was this Amiga 500 platformer game where you bounced around on your characters massive balls (just like in South Park).

I think there was a bonus level where you had to bounce higher and higher so you could see over a fence and watch people fucking.

It would have been about 91 or 92
>>
>>2769120
Jumpman
or Jumpman Lives?
>>
>>2774512
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecstatica
Wouldn't happen to be this would it?
>>
I remember playing an old Point & Click Adventure that my brother and I never got past the first part. You're in some building, skyscrapers maybe? And after a few minutes of exploring you trigger some kind of bomb that's set to go off in a few minutes, and you have to do something to stop it or escape. We never made it past that. The game may have had a futuristic setting, or at least modern. I remember the general art layout of the first levels to be kind of "modern white" you'd see in things like futuristic movies where everything is clean. That might be wrong though, this was when I was a little kid.

For some reason whenever I think of that game I think of Duke Nukem but that might be because I was also playing Duke Nukem at the time.
>>
File: VizAmiga.jpg (190KB, 577x355px) Image search: [Google]
VizAmiga.jpg
190KB, 577x355px
>>2774681
Viz?
>>
>>2764540
>>2765171

http://king-soukutu.com/flash/owata.html

i think this might be it
>>
>>2774681
>>2775140
Yeah that's Viz.

Had it on the ST. Game was hard as... well you know.
>>
>>2770457
Mighty final fight for the nes?

MS didn't have many beat em ups. Could you move into and out of the screen like Streets of Rage or was it linear like Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja?

May also have been whatever the fist of the north star game was called over here.
>>
>>2768118
Well, without a platform, time period or more detailed description of the gameplay, graphics, sound or story I offer:

Wicked for the atari st? May also be on other platforms.
>>
>>2775163
>>2775140
Awesome that's what it was
>>
Remember playing a Contra-Vania type game on my Genesis decades ago but can't remember much about it. I remember the enemies were monster/alien looking and I'm pretty enemies dropped weapon power-ups.
>>
>>2764702

Martial Champion?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>2774512
Sorry, man, I looked for it page by page and there's nothing like the game you described

But I found pic related, which it was a game that I forgot but really enjoyed when I was a kid, so at least somebody got something in the end
>>
>>2775786
Phantom 2040
>>
>>2775014

Holy shit, it's the sequel to that one.

Thank you so much, I've been wondering about this for years!

>>2775952

Thank you anyway man, I could swear it had come from the same edition. Just seeing the cover in high res was worth it though, what a gem.

I think the game came from one of those Top Game CD magazines which had numbered discs in each edition.
>>
>>2775993

Nah, but thanks for trying, man. I'm trying to remember more about it. I remember the level art as being slightly gritty/macabre. I think one of the first mini bosses you encounter is a floating snake creature.
>>
I'm looking for this game from W95, and not really sure if it was DOS based or not.
It was a 2D bike racing game, and if I remember correctly, it also had ATVs.
We had to race up and down some hills until reaching the goal.
The game may have been released somewhen between 1991 and 1998.
>>
File: 1438092619454.gif (2MB, 294x210px) Image search: [Google]
1438092619454.gif
2MB, 294x210px
Help, guys.

- arcade (playable on MAME)
- fast-paced beat'em up on a 2d plane or a beatemup-ey action-platformer
- most likely early or mid 90s
- ninja-like playable characters IIRC
- modern / low-sci-fi themed; first stage is a city during the day
- in the first level there is a place where you get a powerup and when you use it (it clears the screen or something), there is also a big screen on the background that shows the character striking a pose
- I kinda remember snow or something
- was pretty colourful (I think)

Thanks, you guys.
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 800x800px
Hello /vr/. Sorry to bother you but I've been looking for a game that I played about 10 years ago. It's not exactly that retro but I've been searching the internet for about 2 hours now and asked /v/ as well but they weren't able to help either and recommended me I try asking here. The game I'm looking for was simply Asteroids clone with graphics, ship upgrades (lasers and stuff), and co-op mode (definitely local co-op, not sure about remote). There were also different levels that you progressed though (10-12) although they didn't differ much (just different background IIRC). The last level as far as I remember was simply "earth" with a lake and some mountains. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>2778263
Ninja Gaiden
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Turtles in Time
Ninja Baseball Batman (I think that's the name)
Captain commando (has a ninja character)

Any of those? If not will have to go deeper
>>
>>2778438
No, it certainly wasn't a very well-known game. And I vaguely remember it being fast-paced, with platforming and strictly on a 2d plane.
>>
>>2748643

-On PS1
-3rd person
-Had multiplayer
-Multiplayer had a sand level
>>
>>2778452
What kind of multiplayer? Co-op or versus? Single or split-screen? Was it a shooting game, brawling game, platformer? Cartoony, more realistic?
>>
>>2778467

It was a pretty realistic third person shooter. Multiplayer was versus split-screen, no co-op I think.
>>
>>2778475
Sound like one of the Syphon Filter games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeKM8wyYpuc
>>
>>2778480

My first guess was Syphon Filter but I wasn't quite sure. But thanks, anon
>>
>>2778263

Shinobi?
>>
>>2778489
Nope, was much more modern and fast-paced than that. I think it had selectable characters, but I'm not sure.

But the genre is like that, yeah. More of a 2d action-platformer with brawling elements than a beat'em up.
>>
PC game, you move in a world that pretty much resembles Kai's Planet from Dragon Ball Z in size. You had to save others like you from laser doors and other things. Can't remember much, sadly.
>>
>>2778494
Well, let's get Abe's Odyssey out of the way first.
>>
just played with akinator, it was able to guess olaf from lost vikings if kept playing long enough
>>
PC game (97-05)
pixelated platformer

You are a small brown dog with kinda big head and you are saving little colorful critters which follows you until checkpoint.

There's even a "Xmas" edition.
>>
>>2778498
Nope. Think King Kai riding a car around his world. That's how you walk around the game's world, spherical plane, small and whatnot.
>>
>>2753907
Might be Magic Sword, maybe?
>>
>>2778535
HappyLand Adventures?
>>
So yeah, i was with my dad at this fastfood store to get some burgers, and there was a arcade machine, the only thing i can remember is, that ypu hat to fight some kind of demon, with really big claws, and it was crawling under the bottom all the time and came out on the other side. it was like the demon gets down in the earth at the left side of the screen and it came out at the right side, you coul see him crawling under you on the screen though. thats all i can remember, it was in the mid 90's i r, thanks if anyone can help!
>>
An FPS game I played the demo of years ago. It was very dark, indoors (walls and floor metallic?), enemies were very slow moving two-legged dinosaurs (very reminiscent of Morrowind's Alits).

It was called something like SEED or CEED (googled, neither seem to be the right name
>>
Oh good, a thread like this already exists. This is kind of a longshot, but it's worth a try:

I'm looking for the name of an old NES game that I played a lot when I was really young. Unfortunately, everything I remember about it is filtered through the not too bright perspective of my 4-6 year old brain. Keep in mind that a lot of what I remember is probably not completely accurate to the actual game.

It had a top-down perspective (like Gauntlet or Smash TV, which are both not the game I'm looking for) and you went through and explored the different rooms, shooting at enemies with different types of weapons that you could get from what I remember to be some sort of wall panels or something. When you went up to a panel, a menu with images of the different weapons would pop up and you could choose one. Whether or not you had to pay some sort of currency or if you just got the weapon, was never processed by my brain at the time. I just knew which weapon was the awesome machine gun thing and chose that almost every time. There were also explodey weapons that was probably a grenade launcher or rocket launcher, as well as the standard 8-bit shooter weapons like spread things and wavy things. The weapons also had a limited amount of ammo that I would always run out of at the wrong time. The rooms, I believe, were large enough that the screen had to scroll as you moved, so the entire room wasn't all on one screen.

Both the player and the enemies might've been robots or something, but that could be completely wrong. I always thought they were robots though. There were also bosses, or at least overly strong enemies that I couldn't beat before running out of ammo.

I know that isn't much to go on, but if I remembered it better I probably would've found it by now during my search for all of the other games I used to play.
>>
Thanks OP, for this thread.
I'm looking for a DOS game, 2D sidescroll maybe? The protagonist is some Robocop clone. He shoots lasers. The end.
>>
>>2764562
>>2770956
Nope, neither, though it resembles incoming more.
>>
File: file.png (286KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
286KB, 480x480px
This is a long shot, and my memory might quite a bit fuzzy here. Anyway, I remember a friend bringing over a Saturn back in the late 90s, early 2000s, so this a Saturn game, I DISTINCTLY remember seeing the Saturn logo. Anyway, the game he brought looked to be a Japanese game, it was a sideways shooter like Defender. The title screen was nothing odd, it looked like a crown against a dark background, with fireworks going off. Then the character select screen was like a wheel, with an interesting assortment of characters, I remember seeing a spaceship, a blue frog with a yellow face, and a pig, and I believe the Silver fucking Surfer was in it too. I distinctly remember fighting what appeared to be a boat with a cat's face on it in the first stage, I think. My friend was playing this game with a straight face, while I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Oh, and since I was dying a lot, I remember the dying sound being that "WAH WAH WAH" sound cartoons used. I had to lay down to process what the fuck I saw, but I never seen the game again.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 640x448px
>>2779635

Parodius
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 256x240px
>>2779195

Equally long-shot guess: Fester's Quest
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 320x256px
>>2775121

Sounds like it might be Future Wars
>>
>>2779707
THAT'S IT HOLY SHIT. But looking at a video, it doesn't have a pig or the silver surfer looking dude. It must be in one of the sequels. Thanks!
>>
>>2778535
Fire and Ice!
>>
File: fire_and_ice_christmas_05.png (9KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
fire_and_ice_christmas_05.png
9KB, 320x256px
>>2780280
Pic for proof
>>
>>2779516
Robocop?
Robocop 2?
>>
>>2778490
2d or 3d?

Is it shadow dancer?
>>
>>2779101

It's probably Chasm: The Rift.
>>
A SNES game where the first level is you driving a car in the desert and killing punkers on motorcycles with a sawn off shotgun. It was very Mad Max 2 and I think the first level ends when you run out of gas. Also you have a limited supply of ammo and can run the bikers over.

Other game is another SNES game that is a sidescroller where you can pick between 3 characters. One of them is like a fighter guy, one of them is a mage who can raise his staff up and get a screen clearing shot and the last one is a robot panther named Panthora. I wanna say there were a few parts in levels that only certain characters could get to that had exclusive powerups to them. Thats the only detail I really remember and you would have as much luck looking in the phonebook as on google with a detail like that.
>>
>>2780372
Xardion
>>
>>2780372
Second one, king of dragons? Wikipedia page has a wizard raising his staff.

Panther dude sounds more like golden axe 3 though. You sure you're not getting them confused?
>>
>>2780372
also: google 'mad max snes game', get 'outlander'
>>
>>2780409

Nope, wrong genre. The game I played was a 2d sidescroller like Mario. It had a future-ish setting (you could play as a robot panther) but one of the guys was definitely a magician.

>>2780482

Nah on both counts. I distinctly remember doing things like breaking blocks to get items below platforms and such.

>>2780492

Thats it, ty

Still looks at alright to me too. The "blast them with the shotgun cam" got me as a kid and I got a chuckle out of it now.
>>
Shoud be easy, RPG with too much character customization (be little boy, read one class named bard and say too much for me)... I believe in some book or dialog it mentions an elder scroll, but obviously its not one of them games... the camera was like diablo, divinity, etc...
that, or you could just recommend me games with open world mechanics like get job, buy a house, and not follow any main quest (sorry for bad english)
>>
>>2780610
>that, or you could just recommend me games with open world mechanics like get job, buy a house, and not follow any main quest

lyfe
>>
>>2780632
google search on "lyfe" or "lyfe game" shows no results
very funny, was talking about something like skyrim but with isometric view
>>
random generated dungeon crawler for the ps1, played from a first person perspective (I think) I've been searching for this game for like 7 years, I cannot remember for the life of me what its called.
>>
>>2780662
re: I think its turn based combat, any suggestions would help. thank you.
>>
>>2780358

Nope, not it. I remember it being very slow-paced and sluggish to control, could have been due to the demo not running properly.
The enemies were more animal-like, less anthropomorphic. The only enemy in the demo, anyway.
I also remember a weapon, which was basically a pistol that shot nails from Quake's nailgun.

The grainy, early low-res 3D is very reminiscent of it tho.
>>
>>2780664
Any other details? Art style? Weapons? Enemies? UI?
>>
>>2780610
Eye of the beholder?
>>
>>2779101
>>2780358
>>2780724

Alright I found it, it was apparently cancelled for anyone wondering:

http://www.unseen64.net/2011/01/09/seed-pc-cancelled/
>>
>>2780725
uh, polygonal, I think it had simple UI bars, I think there was a town that you visited when you left the first dungeon for supplies, I remember it being kinda RPG like, sometimes text would come across the screen, although my mind plays tricks on me. I think the characters communicated a little bit. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>2780530
Magic sword? Incantation?
>>
rembembered it, it was a PS2 game called Wizardy - Tale of the Forsaken Land
>>2780662
>>
>>2778425
Was it Asteroids for PS1?
>>
PS1 game, I think I got it in japanese as a gift, but its also entirely possible I didn't know how to read yet. I don't remember much of the gameplay but I think it was a puzzle type of game with a 2d overhead view sort of like zelda. You play as a little boy and the main bad guy was a tall guy in a pointy with-like hat who kidnapped your sister. My brother says he remembers the main bad guy having spiky balls on chains for arms but I don't remember this. Theres also an opening cutscene weird the bad guys (some sort of melty shadow things) come into your house and steal the sister while you hide behind a big teddy bear.
>>
>>2780726
nope, game i am talking about isnt first person, it was diabloish game, isometric view, could be neverwinter nights or something similar
>>
>>2781392
For some reason I thought it was a snes game, like everyone else in this thread seems to be.

Baldur's gate? Icewind Dale? The bard's tale? Neverwinter nights?
>>
A few that I've been looking around for but found nothing about them for years.

There was this one game I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet. I remember playing it at my cousin's house back in the 90s. It was a game where you use this white glove to select things, I remember there being a flashlight you had to pick up with the glove and use. I remember there being stars on the walls, It was a point and click type of game that was either on SNES or Genesis. I always thought it looked like Sonic's hand, no idea why.

There was also this other game, it was a NBA game or some type of Basketball game, it was 3d, and I remember that every time you press pause and unpause there would be these things floating around everywhere (like little round ovals, or spheres with words in them). Not sure what system it was on. But it was a game from the 90s as well that I also played at my cousin's house around the same time I played the other game

The third game is of some Adventure type game that was on N64. I think it might be Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie but I'm not sure. I remember one character in particular wore headphones and had long hair and glasses or shades on, and he would be doing the moonwalk back and forth, I believe it was either a quest giver or shop keeper or something.
>>
>>2782642
Oh yeah, and lastly

I remember playing this game back in 2005. It was a space mining type of game, with different shaped ores you mine for. They were different colors and shapes and you had to defend your base and stuff like that. It was semi-3d, and it took place on a rocky type of planet with a base and everything. The game came pre-installed on a Gateway PC.
>>
File: Sonic sub.png (24KB, 439x362px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic sub.png
24KB, 439x362px
Not sure if its retro, but I remember playing some sonic fangame on windows98.
Besides the normal jump ’n’ run and bossfights it also had vehicle based stages. I remember a dune buggy and a submarine. Pic is just a curde mockup I made.
>>
File: Deathbots.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Deathbots.png
4KB, 256x224px
>>2779720
That wasn't it, but thank you for trying.

>>2779195
After using the glorious method of "play every single NES game that was ever released in America", I finally found it. It was called Deathbots, and my memory of it was surprisingly accurate. It's also frustratingly difficult since it's literally impossible to not take damage from everything.
>>
>>2782642
For that N64 game, I'm almost certain you're talking about the DJ from Goemon's Great Adventure. He fits the description nearly perfectly, other than the headphones which you have to find as part of his quest.
>>
>>2783562
Yep, that's it. Now I just need to know what the other 3 games are.
>>
There was a battle tactics game on the nes where you had different unit types on a hexagonally tiled playing field. Each one could move a certain amount and you could make two moves per turn. Each unit had advantage/disadvantage to certain other types. The goal was to destroy your opponent's flag ship or flag tank.
>>
It was either an old DOS game or an arcade game, you played as an adventurer in some mesoamerican-styled ruins and most of the gameplay was picking from a choice of doors to go into.

You might also have played as an Indiana Jones lookalike but I'm not so sure about this one.
>>
An NES game where you played as some guy in like yellow clothing or something, going into a mansion. You had a knife, and you could stab rats. The first screen had a lot of doors and some stairs, I think.
I remember you could go into the doors and you'd be able to click on stuff with a little hand.
>>
File: boulder henry.png (10KB, 495x270px) Image search: [Google]
boulder henry.png
10KB, 495x270px
>>2748643
It was an old dos game that came in one of those 1000 in one or galaxy of games or some shit packs.

I think the title was something including dead, head, fred, or henry. And the game wasn't Dead Head Fred either that is just some of the words I think I remember in the title.

The game had you controlling what looked like a head and solving puzzles filled with boulders. The boulders would fall after you passed under them so you had to pass under them in the right order so as to not to get crushed or trapped. You could also push the boulders I think. The game had spiders for enemies who had a weird movement pattern, but mostly came after you.

Pic is how I remember it looking,
>>
>>2784398
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves?
>>
i remember a dos game where you got chased by giant red ants and you could climb to avoid them but the amount of aints pursuing you would keep growing and growing. there wasnt much to the game aside from running from ants.

any idea as to what game it was family?
>>
File: running from ants.png (5KB, 277x237px) Image search: [Google]
running from ants.png
5KB, 277x237px
>>2784808
whoops forgot image
>>
>>2784808
Wasnt that game on the ZX Spectrum?
>>
>>2784841
>>2784812
forgot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant_Attack
>>
>>2784842
>>2784841
yeah that looks like it but i guess it was a dos rip off i played thanks bro
>>
I remember it was a snes game, you played some kind of squirrel and in some levels or every level you could go down some sort of wooden/tree tunnel slide,thats the most i can remember.
>>
There was a run and gun game that had a main character that look like long haired Trunks in blue and white suit, like saiyan like armor. I believe it was for the SNES.
>>
>>2748643
I never played it but sat with my mate whilst he did.
It was a snes or sega console rpg. Standard turn based battle fare, story started with some kind of coronation or something and then the little village you were in GoT overrun by spoopy skellingtons. I remember it had a weird mix of fantasy and sci-fi tech, and one boss maybe the last had an odd name like xaanfagle or something. Anyone know?
>>
>>2780610
Ultima 7?
>>
>>2775121
Beneath a steel sky?
>>
>>2772119
Maybe heretic 2
>>
>>2766062
Nigga that is super solvers treasure mountain.
>>
>>2764481
Torins passage? quest for glory? One of the kings quest games?
>>
>>2764348
Might even be one of the ishar games?
>>
>>2780284
is better than cool spot ?
>>
>>2755936
That wasn't top down or retro.
>>
>>2757148
Second one could be Martian Gothic.
>>
File: 1442807516421.gif (395KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1442807516421.gif
395KB, 500x500px
My friend cant remember this game her cousin played. I can't figure it out with the information she's given me, but maybe you guys could figure it out:

>PS2
>RPG
>not TOO weeb, but it might have been (?)
>Party system, characters could be switched
>One of the characters could float (whether by powers or propellers, she doesnt remember)
>Game may have been Monsteresque
>There was a desert part where you went into a dungeon or something

please help us figure this out
>>
>>2786436

Dark Cloud?
>>
File: sneaky juden.jpg (156KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
sneaky juden.jpg
156KB, 680x486px
attention oldies im still searching for a game i played once near 20 years ago as a teen on the first pentium p.c i ever saw so bear with me, it was an rpg style isometric medieval/fantasy game with good graphics for its time, i just remember spending hours shooting arrows at goblins and ogres in a forest a few metres from the start of the game and it was hard,when killed they dropped sacks with various amounts of gold. not a lot to go on again sorry. i have relentlessly searched oldgames.com etc to no avail i have a sneaking suspicion it was on a demo disc but unsure thanks for any help! p.s i have no pic of the game..... good luck
>>
>>2757148
I'm sure the second one is Enemy Zero
>>
>>2786436
Shadow Hearts?
>>
>>2786834
Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together?
>>
>>2787026
>>2786826
unfortunately, no. We're still trying to figure it out
>>
>>2787053
thanks but no, it was on pc i only saw 1 level it was flat with trees and grassy clearings maybe even a road. may have been 3d instead of isometric if that makes sense
thanks anyway
>>
>>2786436
Gauntlet dark legacy?
>>
>>2787081
Final fantasy 12? Has a desert with a dungeon. Party system with mid-battle switch-out and pretty sure float is a spell?

Also ffx or ffx-2 kinda fit, just not quite as well.
>>
>>2784954
Mr. Nutz ?
>>
First person game, late 90' i think. Starting on a planet where you had to collect objects to survive, like skin of animals ecc, and you could combine them togheter to make other objects. Nonone remeber?
>>
>>2787540
Deus or Robinson's Requiem ?
>>
>>2787574
It's Deus! I was thinking about Deus something but yesh is that! Thanks!
>>
>>2784270

Did you play a small segment of Zak McKracken?
>>
>>2785627
Torin's Passage looks like what I was looking for. Thank you
>>
Someone please help me find this game, I know I posted about this before, but I remember a few more details now.

The game was on PC and it was Top-Down and half 2D and half 3D. I remember that you collect these jewel or gem type of things, they were differently shaped and could be green, red, etc. I remember you were in some kind of vehicle and had to search for these things. There was very little light, with only a little visible area that moved around with you. I also remember you could click and drag the map around with your mouse to see all the gems you collected on the map. I also think you had a base you had to defend, but I'm not entirely sure. The game took place on some kind of rocky planet, I remember the music being sort of creepy in atmosphere. The game came pre-installed on a Gateway PC from 2005
>>
Out of this world
>>
I'm looking for two games. They were both on the PC, and I saw them in the mid '90s.

One is sort of a strategy game. As I recall the map is always the same. The map itself "floats" in a black abyss, just like the maps in FFT, expect it was all black. Comparing to a map in SC, these were pretty small, like with a correct camera angle you would be able to see most of it. The manual described the different "nations" or creatures that you were supposed to fight against. Pigmen, wolfmen as I recall. So it was a medieval setting, but not full out fantasy. I don't remember that you were supposed to care about resource gathering, but as I recall the enemies were not on the map from the beginning, yet you had to be ready when they were coming. It was a real time game.

The other one is a sci-fi game. You started at some sort of alien base as a captive (ar that's what I got from it), and you had to escape. Meanwhile, you met with others, so like in a W40k game, you controlled like 3-4 units, and each had some sort of speciality, so you had to carefully place them on duty. The game had an isometric view.

I know these are brief descriptions, but I did my best. I did not have a PC back then, all my experience came from seeing the neighbour kid playing, and I don't remember I could ever touch any of these actually.
>>
>>2784241
Conflict?
>>
>>2780727
Good job, anon! I was pretty sure it was Chasm: The Rift because of the humanoid reptile enemies.
>>
>>2789029
First game is probably Populous II. Second one needs more details. Were your characters also aliens or just humans? Was combat turn-based? What kind of art direction did it have? Dark and brooding or colorful? It can be Gorky 17 or The Fugitive, though both do not really match your description. But memory is a fickle thing and you may be mistaken.
>>
The one I can't remember was an RTS I think. You have control over a very small village and try to raise defenses against monsters. These come by nightfall, werewolves If I recall correctly.
>>
I'm looking for a puzzle game I played on the pc around 1998-2000.
The levels were like small obstacle courses and you could pick up some power ups like a shovel or boxing gloves, and then your character would yell "a shovel!" or "gauntlets!"
It was isometric and very colorful.
>>
File: thing.jpg (20KB, 632x448px) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
20KB, 632x448px
>>2778425
Star Miner--or Asteroid Miner?
they're the same game.
>>
>>2791275
>Populous II
No, it's defenitely not it.
I wonder what else could I add. It was much darker in terms of atmosphere, almost like Diablo but a little bit brighter in color choises. The terrain had some trees and high grass here and there, maybe some windmill also, but it wasn't overcrowded. Also, the terrain was 3 dimensional, so there were small hills and small bumps. What I'm trying to describe, is that they weren't platforms like in SC, but actual hills with slopes. The army was not symbolic either. The scaling followed real life in terms of size, and one guy meant one actual guy.

>Gorky 17
I can not find the level wich burned in my memory, but in terms of graphics and gameplay, this comes really close. So close that maybe this is it. However I think your main guys were mainly in blue.

I really appriciate your help! Thank you!
>>
It's a snes game. You play as some sort of cat ninja. There's a small opening cinematic for the first level where your plane crashes on a beach.
>>
>>2785079
captain commando?
>>
>>2791283
Beasts and Bumpkins?
>>
>>2792905
looks like it. Thanks
>>
>>2784398
Dr Chaos
>>
It's like G Police except you either were a big robot or a mech suit. It had a demo or shareware version on a mac demo disc.

I think you could transform the suit into a motorcycle or tank but I'm not sure

May have had a Sega Saturn and/or PS1 version
>>
>>2763668

wow that looked super-lame at first, like Color a Dinosaur or something

and then it turned out to be awesome
>>
>>2789029
>The manual described the different "nations" or creatures that you were supposed to fight against. Pigmen, wolfmen as I recall. So it was a medieval setting, but not full out fantasy

Dominus?
>>
>>2784692

sounds kinda like Boulder Dash?
>>
>>2788826

is it Out of This World?
>>
File: [Seat Offering Intensifies].gif (167KB, 296x360px) Image search: [Google]
[Seat Offering Intensifies].gif
167KB, 296x360px
All I know is you play as this girl, and you're chased down by this guy wielding hedgeclippers or something.

It was on the PS1, I played it at a friends house. I got bored with it and gave up since I was too young and stupid to figure out what to do.
>>
>>2794838
clocktower
>>
File: Bobby Barrows.png (112KB, 250x383px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby Barrows.png
112KB, 250x383px
>>2794848
is right.

>>2794838
maybe this will ring some bells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAa238LUGA0
>>
File: Mind Blown.gif (880KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Mind Blown.gif
880KB, 200x200px
>>2794963
>>2794848

yup that's fucking it!

Thanks anons.
>>
File: Mickey_mouse-castle_of_illusion.jpg (257KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey_mouse-castle_of_illusion.jpg
257KB, 640x448px
Man, I've been posting this one on these threads for at least two years now, still no luck.

>1997/1998
>DOS game on a CD
>I don't know if it was technically an educational game but it was definately one of those adventure/strategy games for little kids
>story involves a brother and sister, one of whom gets kidnapped (or something..?), leaving the other to rescue him/her
>you can play as either the boy or girl
>I think the sibling that gets left behind follows the other into some parallel dimension, and the game takes place there
>when you go through the portal the setting you arrive in is a dark forest, I think (pic attached is the closest I could find to the art style of the background)
>I'm almost certain it was a point and click (but side-scrolling?)
>you would find these items that go in your inventory and you use them (single use..?) at appropriate places to get past obstacles and progress in the game (e.g. there was a part where you had to use your balloon to cross a chasm)

That's all I remember.
>>
>>2794330
shogo?
>>
>>2778572
Holy shit, you're absolutely right. Thanks so much, man.
>>
>>2786834
Exile? Just taking a shot in the dark here. If not that, then I suggest googling Ultima clones.
>>
>>2789029
top one sounds a little like Myth. RTS by Bungie before they sucked.
>>
>>2792057
RTS is probably Myth
>>
>>2794330
Future Cop LAPD?
>>
>>2774512
This guy got is. Ecstatica. I had the same demo.>>2774512
>>
>>2796451

Probably
>>
File: sadcat.jpg (80KB, 461x462px) Image search: [Google]
sadcat.jpg
80KB, 461x462px
>tfw you're almost positive you helped an anon remember his game correctly but he doesn't come back to the thread to confirm it
>>
>>2796547
>that anon is probably dead now
>>
It was an old game I'd played at a cousins house on his PC. Came on some kind of disc with a dozen or so games I think, I can't fully recall.

You play as some guy wandering around level by level (I think there was a minor overworld you can choose your levels in) and you killed skeletons via throwing hammers at them. If I recall correctly your character wore a green shirt.
>>
What's the bump limit on this board?
>>
>>2797856
Spooky Castle.
>>
I'm looking for two games.
One is a plane fighter, maybe even popular actually, that has bosses such as a missile, a helicopter and a land... war vehicle?
The other is more like an app that shows you instructions for making some quite complex paper planes.
>>
Pc educational kids game from 98-04 could possibly be later but I don't think so. The game was based in a castle and I believed possibly had some magic elements. You had to do different spelling or grammar tasks. May have been a point and click. The memory of it is very fuzzy sorry.
>>
>>2799171
the game had a based as fuck egyptian level? I think I played that game too
>>
File: game.jpg (40KB, 458x527px) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
40KB, 458x527px
A game about a chibi-like kid with a big robot arm coming out of his back. Saw this on an old nintendo magazine
>>
>>2800537
Evolution Worlds for the non-retro GameCube
I didn't like it, might as well sell it for get some pizza
>>
>>2800540
It seemed way cooler on the magazine lol
Thanks for the info
>>
>>2764481

Thayer's Quest?
>>
>>2767223

Assassin?

http://breakintochat.com/blog/2013/09/04/assassin-memories/
>>
File: inca2ss2[1].gif (62KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
inca2ss2[1].gif
62KB, 640x400px
>>2784270

Inca 1/2?
>>
File: Dr_Brain_1_Original_A[1].jpg (121KB, 639x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Brain_1_Original_A[1].jpg
121KB, 639x800px
>>2799171

Castle of Dr. Brain?
>>
File: spongebob terror.gif (499KB, 483x325px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob terror.gif
499KB, 483x325px
>>2794963

This is fucking terrifying, holy shit. Maybe one day, when I build up enough courage...
>>
I'll be fucking shocked if someone gets this

So basically all I remember is that it's a PC game, on a spaceship. I think it's point and click, I remember a static screen, it kind of reminds me of Myst. Even at the time, the horrible 3d models were creepy as fuck.
>>
I got one for you guys.

It's an old nes game, a side-scroller, where you play as a fat arab or haji, you go left to right, there were green buildings, and lots of sand, and I think some enemy efreeti things, I think you could fly and maybe shoot fire? Or turn into a sand whirlwind or something. It was pretty buggy and wouldn't work right or I was too young to understand it. I was too young to read at the time.

I know for a fact that I have never heard of or seen it since, in any form or media, and nobody in person knows what the hell I'm talking about.
>>
>>2781995
Could be one of them, only choice left is get them and try. thx
>>
>>2804267
Karnov?
>>
>>2803617
Try Starship Titanic, Obsidian, or Journey to the Moon.
>>
>>2804587
haha, yep, that's it

I really didnt think anybody would know this one, guess I underestimated you
>>
>>2804913
Karnov was on Game Center CX (episode 146) so it's no surprised a /vr/ dude would recognize it. Though, he might not have seen it there.
>>
>>2800537
>>2800540
>>2800545
Evolution Worlds is an incredibly bad port of Evolution: The Sacred Device for Dreamcast.

Try both versions and see for yourself.
>>
File: 1813448-dungeonsiege1fullhd.jpg (736KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1813448-dungeonsiege1fullhd.jpg
736KB, 1920x1080px
>>2786834
it was probably dungeon siege?

which is HD now, pleasantly enough
>>
File: realgog.jpg (53KB, 425x378px) Image search: [Google]
realgog.jpg
53KB, 425x378px
top down rogue like that i found on a galaxy of games disc late 90s? used to play this on my grandmas computer way back in the day.
>>
>>2799112
The second one ruins a bell, but I really can't remember a name. Was it only paper planes? I remember other papercraft stuff, too.
>>
>>2786436
I'd say Shadow Hearts as well, but the desert part kind of reminds me of Rogue Galaxy.
>>
>>2754119
prolly that or reLoaded
>>
>>2806992
I have no idea, maybe there were more things. After all, what I remember is a demo, which is why I wanna know the full game. Something I just remembered is that some planes had names like uranus and neptune.
>>
File: Emolga face tear.png (145KB, 445x290px) Image search: [Google]
Emolga face tear.png
145KB, 445x290px
>>2795290

HOLY HELL I just found someone else on the internet who is looking for this game. Here's what she's posted:

>HI, i've been looking for one of my childhood games for the last couple of
>years and can't remember the name of it and was hoping some of you
>might be able to help me find it. The game was played in the 90's to early
>2000. Although i was to little to get very far in it, i do remember the
>opening scene. The game is a cartoon based game about a boy and
>girl(brother and sister maybe) who are walking along a path in the woods
>and one of them gets kidnapped. You watch a little video of the brother or
>sister being brought into a house, up to a bedroom and the kidnapper and
>the kidnapee jump into a picture on the wall. You, as the character have
>to go after the sibbling and try to rescue them. I remember the scene
>where your in the bedroom and you have to find a way into the picture on
>the wall. theres a blue ladder leaning against the wall, which you use to
>climb into it and enter the world inside the picture.
>Im really hoping that theres enough information that someone might
>recognize it with. thank you :)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of?page=131

I'm dead certain that this is it. Unfortunately, it seems like she created the account exclusively for the purpose of making that post and hasn't logged in since (or left contact info), so I can't contact her.

I'm so close, guys...
P.S. If this helps, I just remembered that there MIGHT have been some very simple voice acting, one-line things like, "I need something that'll fly me across here" when you get to the chasm...
>>
Couple of games I need help with. I have a terrible memory.

First game has shitted me for the longest time. PC game, you fly some sorta ship, viewed from the cockpit. The first mission started you in, from what I remember, a dilapidated train station (though I may be wrong there - I do remember being blocked off by rocks from behind at the start.) The title may or may not have started with an A, but I know it ended with a "3D".

Next 2 games I'm fairly certain were both C64 games, but the graphics for them were pretty good (or maybe I remember them better than they were.)
First was a top-down tank sim. All I remember is it had a desert environment, I think I controlled it with a joystick, and it has some fun multiplayer.
Second is overhead action RPG set in medieval times. I think you moved quite slowly, and all combat happened on the overworld. I wish I could remember more, but the only other thing I can remember is dying a lot.
>>
>>2748785

Oddworld: Abe's Odysee...????
>>
>>2808909
wow i managed to remember the floppy disc loading screen and remembered someone who would have (and probably has had) sexual relations with an amiga.
Games were FirePower and The Faery Tale Adventure.

Still no idea about the first one. Pretty sure my PC was '98, could have been a '95..
>>
I believe it was for PS1. It was some sort of tournament on a platform. Kind of like Super Smash Bros except it was not sidescrolling but kind of a top down or slanted view. There was a lot of throwing stuff at other participants. The character models were very Final Fantasy 7ish in polygons. There was a lot of emphasis on unlocking new matches and tournaments I think. I remember the later matches being almost impossibly hard.
>>
File: 8tnu01000000rme9.jpg (35KB, 319x224px) Image search: [Google]
8tnu01000000rme9.jpg
35KB, 319x224px
>>2809124
Poy Poy?

Or probably Poy Poy 2 since you mentioned emphasis on unlockables.
>>
>>2809136

That was it. Thanks!
>>
>>2770983
cant believe this was based on an actual tv show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-un29NS7ISo
>>
Help a brother out

>isometric game?
>a game where you start by being chosen to be hunted by aliens who conquered earth
>post-apoc
>there's a crazy old man that has a parrot
>the parrot is made out of c4
>>
There's a game that I remember fondly from when I was a child, it's a LucasArts game. I know that at the time I played it I also played Outlaw, the western almost-3D FPS. I know that game had teples in it and was 3D (maybe not full 3D, more like DOOM 3D).

So I'm looking for a list of LucasArts games from 1994-1998, that would help.
>>
File: elephant gun.png (425KB, 599x397px) Image search: [Google]
elephant gun.png
425KB, 599x397px
Trying this once again, maybe one day someone in a thread like this will know the answer:

- game about leading a jungle expedition
- main character is a dude dressed up like pic related, including gun
- other characters of the party had to be hired with treasures/pearls/gold in tribal villages, i strongly remember non-combat carrier niggers that would transport your water/food/loot
- early in the game you'd fight regular jungle animals and later it would shift into fighting actual demons in ancient ruins
- isometric view
- came out somewhere between '97 and '01
>>
>>2755856
Chaos Breaker
>>
>>2808557
>>2795290
Alright, I want to help; I can usually find these things quite quickly. I need to confirm a couple details.

Firstly, are you certain you could choose between being a boy and girl? Secondly you say the graphics were cartoony, try to be a little more specific. Look up Torin's Passage, is it like that? Or is it more like the first Discworld game?

That should help me narrow it down an awful lot.
>>
On my endless journeys through the interent I came across and Game Boy Color game in which you had to manage your own hotel or spa or a resort of some kind. Ofcourse it was Japan exclusive.
>>
File: game town.jpg (135KB, 787x467px) Image search: [Google]
game town.jpg
135KB, 787x467px
>>2811084

Thank you! Believe it or not my google-fu is actually very good, but it seems to me like this game is an extremely obscure one.

>Firstly, are you certain you could choose between being a boy and girl?
Yes, if there's anything I'm sure of about this game it's this.

I took a look at both those games. I think the graphics were closer to Discworld, in that they were pixel art (?) and not "cartoon". To be clear, btw, I wasn't the one who described the graphics as being cartoony, it was that other poster. Personally, I don't remember it that way, but I could be wrong... That is, I don't remember it being as animated as Torin's Passage, but yes, the actual art style itself I think could be described as "cartoony".

Sorry, guess that's not very helpful... I did draw you a wonderful picture though depicting what I think was one of the screens. I suppose it was a town, and I sorta remember that it had a forest to its northeast. I think the road that was in it also forked and you could take either path.

I'll try to remember more details about it...
>>
>>2811434
Alright I've found a few close contenders but they don't seem to line up with your memory of this game exactly. If I can figure out the exact genre it should help narrow it down.

Do you have any memories of the inventory system? You mention using items to help you progress, do you recall if that was shown in a bar on the bottom of the screen; or do you think it was hidden until you open your "bag"?

I find that edutainment games are never as well documented or talked about as straight adventure games so there's a chance it was one of those, or some adventure\platformer\combat hybrid, there are quite a few of those.
>>
>>2811520

Dammit, it was so long ago... I'm gonna say the latter. I don't think the inventory was displayed until you opened it. Maybe you could show me what you've got so far, if there's not too many of them?

It's true, no one really cares about retro educational games. It sucks cause I have a ton more in my distant memory that I'd love to hunt down, but the way I remember them is even blurrier than my memory of this one, so it would be close to impossible.

I did nab a Stellaluna Living Book CD at a thrift store this summer though. This is why thrift stores are awesome. I really couldn't believe my luck.
>>
>>2753763
Foton - The Ultimate Game on Planet Earth
>>
>>2810992
Wikipedia has this, but nothing on the list matches your description.

Maybe give a few more details than it was 3D and had 'teples' in it.
>>
I THINK this is a SNES title, a sidescroller. I have no idea of genre. What I remember is one stage the background was like a huge medieval-like wall.

A more clear memory is of an underwater level or segment. The character was enclosed by a bubble with limited time to get air. You had limited vision while in this bubble.

If you have any idea feel free to link me alot of pictures of said underwater level as I will most likely recognize it when I see it. It's NOT castlevania 4 btw.
>>
>>2806992
"The Toy Shop" by Broderbund?
>>
File: fish.jpg (2KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
2KB, 246x205px
Here's one thats gonna be hard, I literally only remember like a few things about it, and it was from some shitty 90s games CD.

All I remember is some kind of fish game, where you navigate through other bigger fish I think? Maybe you went through some sort of maze with puzzles or some shit idk? Like, what made me think of it was the fish episode of futurama. The fish version of Nibbler reminded me somewhat of the artstyle. Hope this was enough but if it isn't I completely understand
>>
>>2816813
All I can think of is Odell Down Under.
>>
>>2810992
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LucasArts_games
>>
File: 2spooky.gif (920KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.gif
920KB, 400x226px
>>2794963
>>2802472
>Whats wrong?
>Help!
>Someone is following me!
>Hm? Some kind of weirdo?
>STAB

It's not even a jumpscare it's just "Oh shit that guy got stabbed!" I can't tell you how many nightmares I had like that, holy shit.

I gotta look into this game.
>>
Psx game where you play as a young woman with short hair. The gameplay starts with you waking up alone in a room, and you have to get out. Unfortunately, that's all I know because I rented the game, and never got out of the room.
>>
Hey guys,

The game that I'm thinking of is some old windows games. I think it may have been part of some large demo disc but I can't remember.

The game was simply you controlled a team of pirates competing against another team of pirates. You won by either killing all enemy pirates or digging up and bringing treasure to your pirate ship. I think you were able to select the "class" of each pirate. I believe the game was a turn based strategy game.

That's about all the information I can think of at the moment.
>>
>>2820661

sid meier's pirates? Never played it myself
>>
>>2797856

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_Thunder_%28video_game%29
>>
>>2800287
Not sure anon, I only remember a little bit of it.
>>2800726
Not quite, the graphics from memory seemed more modern.
>>
Ok there was this game for PC where everything was grey, you played as this stick figure i think, there were conveyor belts in a lot of the levels, looked like a flash game, you traveled around the levels in some sort of bubble space ship?? If someone knows that would be amazing havent played this game for like 12 years and cant for the love of me remember its name
>>
Played it on what I remember to be a NES clone of some sorts. Platformer/beat em up lite, it had coop where P1 would control Frankenstein and P2 would control a Dracula character iirc. That's pretty much all I know. Obviously sidescrolling.

Any ideas?
>>
>>2820594
Syphon Filter 2? Though I dont think thats the first mission.
>>
>>2822742
Monsters in My Pocket
>>
>>2813268

Dragon's Lair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_owDUBxm7w
>>
>>2811025
Dark Secrets of Africa?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwWXxDeAfE
>>
I'm looking for a game I haven't played myself. Some anon on /v/ mentioned it and I thought it was interesting, but I've forgotten the name. It was an early to mid nineties turn based strategy/tactics game. In the tactical mode, you mostly commanded vehicles like tanks, and there could be quite a lot of them. You had to attack enemy bases and so on.
I think the strategic mode let you build structures as well as do the usual research stuff.
It was not X-COM or an X-COM-like.
>>
>>2823608
Oh, it's not MAX, dominion or battle isle either.
>>
Mid to late 80's arcade game.. in a medieval/renaissance theme that was an action game which included weapons and wizard like attacks, alot of the scrolling was vertical in castle like levels.. Alot of the blocks had a strange off-color vibe to them, some of the items also, like a pastel color scheme that was unique. The background was usually black and there were some puzzle solving elements but it was basically a platformer.

May have been made by a company that starts with a K.
>>
tfw I recently rediscovered that one game a friend had but nobody seemed to know
>>
>>2823608
Could be Fallen Haven?
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.