[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since the story is confirmed to go mostly the same route does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: ultrasm.jpg (66KB, 400x476px) Image search: [Google]
ultrasm.jpg
66KB, 400x476px
Since the story is confirmed to go mostly the same route does that mean that

>we wont be able to evolve Crabrawler until the league AGAIN
>wont be able to get Glaceon untill the league AGAIN
>wont be ale to get Drampa untill the league AGAIN
>Wont be able to evolve Nosepass, Charjabug and Magneton untill very late AGAIN

At least they could let us go up the Lanakila mountain without reaching the league floor.

It wil suck if they'll do it just as it was in SM
>>
>>33560552
who know?
>>
>>33560552
What is trading
>>
>>33560552
It doesn't confirm that at all because evidently, the wild dex distribution has changed in some way or another, and the dex has been expanded (Rockruff is number 126 in usum as opposed to 106 in sm)
>Also
We don't know if only the "core" of the story is gonna be the same, as in, Lusamine is the UB-obsessed villain. We haven't seen a single sign of Skull yet, and the rain/fog over Po Town is gone on the new map so..
>>
Maybe we can go onto the mountain earlier, who knows?

Maybe we'll even get an Ice trial!
>>
>>33560600
>as in, Lusamine is the UB-obsessed villain

Why would Lillie run away then? We do see the scene with Lusamine a Aether Paradise aswell as Cosmoem in Lusamine's hidden room

Skull was irrelevant in SM, they were mereley Lusamine's "bodyguards". The clouds not being on the map means nothing. There's also no smoke coming from the Vela Volcano on the map anymore but in the trailer the smoke is still there
>>
File: 1505212297147.jpg (80KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1505212297147.jpg
80KB, 600x534px
>tfw the league isn't in lanakila but in the temple ruins instead, lanakila is accessible earlier
>>
File: Alola2.jpg (3MB, 3406x2408px) Image search: [Google]
Alola2.jpg
3MB, 3406x2408px
>>33560552
There does seem to be some sort of new area half way up Mt Lanakila which could imply you get to go up there when you reach Tapu Village. then again it could just be an expanded Victory Road area.
>>
>>33560617
I think you didn't read right, anon. I said we don't know if only the core of the sm story remains the same (the core being lusamine as the ub-obsessed villain, hence that remains the same and lillie had to steal cosmog etc). I'm only saying side things/events like skull/tapu/ub involvement in the story/culmination of the story might be different, as well as the order of events and how events happen (e.g. Hau is now with Hala when a UB appears on melemele)
>>
>>33560641
maybe this >>33560625
>>
They could also simply extend the evolution range for Crabrawler to be at the base of the mountain. Drampa could be redistributed, and Magneton is a competent on its own.
With that said, Charjabug, Nosepass, and Glaceon are probably still screwed, yeah.
>>
well isnt this supposed to follow the formula that you move to alola a few months later?
>>
>>33560700
last I checked, that was still just a theory made by fans back before we knew anything about the games.
>>
>>33560700
what >>33560704 said is correct

But, if you are right and the MC moves to alola months later, that would work like RSE ORAS
Oras and RS makes implicit that Emerald happens a few months after, and that is why the battle frontier is under construction
>>
>>33560716
I never thought of it like that before, but it sounds like it makes sense.
If the theory ends up being correct, that may be why Hau is with Hala when the UB appear, because he's not journeying with you since he already did that months ago.
>>
>>33560700
>well isnt this supposed to follow the formula that you move to alola a few months later?

The game has literally the same cutscenes as SM and people still try to push the time skip theories
>>
>>33560552
>Charjabug
This was one of the biggest mistakes they could have made.
>let's have an electric bug pokemon
>that you get super early
>evolve quickly
>and let's show the cool looking final evolution before the game releases
>OH! and let's lock them out of the final evolution until they've almost beaten the game
>and make sure it's not TOO fast...
Like, fucking excuse me?
>>
>>33560765
>lets have a gen with 3 ice types on a cross
>lets shove all of them near/at the end of the maingame
brilliant, just like the 1% water encounters e.g mareanie/dhelmise
>>
>>33560765
>you trade and evolve
>now you have two powerhouses
#wow
>>
>>33560811
I never understood why water encounters have to be so limited. You should be able to fish for loads of different pokemon straight away.
>>
please fuck off and kill yourself
>>
>>33560821
and also the pacific is known to have tons of different fish species but nope tumblr fish and whishiwashi is all you get
>>
>>33560552
So that scene is the most of the story? How does the story relate to any of the things you said?
>>
>>33560902
>So that scene is the most of the story?

>this
>the scene with spearow
>scene with receiving z-ring at festival
>the wormhole scene in aether with Hau and Lusamine
>The scene with Cosmoem in Lusamine's room

Ok, its obviously going to be completely different
>>
>>33560552
Not necessarily. Even if you follow the same routes in the same order, they could just set those evolve locations at different spots. This is the one thing that I don't think is necessarily the same, the rest about the story seems pretty much impossible to be different.
>>
>>33560912
i thought the story was 10 years long, wasn't that the complaint
>>
File: usum208670.jpg (237KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
usum208670.jpg
237KB, 1600x900px
>>33560912
no, anon, look again. We have the z power ring when we pick our starter
>>
File: 1499364690284.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499364690284.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>33560952
Hey, that's actually interesting
>>
>>33560913
To be honest I'm annoyed that you couldn't walk around the back of the Power Plant building (like a Virbank Complex area) and have THAT be the Electrically Charged evolve area.

It's a perfect location in the game for it.
>>
>>33560765
Why are the encounter rates of actual Alola Pokemon so small? I thought the whole purpose of having a new region is to show off the new forefront while having previous gen Pokemon as side options, maybe that's how I'd like it to be.
>>
>>33560552
I've had enough. I'm gonna fucking hatch a Drampa egg. It was so fucking useless because you get it so late and underleveled. All other mons I want for my Usum team (Starter, Toucannon, Gumshoos, Golisopod, A-Sandslash) are reasonably early but then there's Drampa. Like why.They let you catch Sandshrew in Tapu Village, why not Drampa? It only makes sense.
>>
>>33560979
i sure hope we can walk around/enter/explore every single shafted area in sm
>lighthouse
>golf course (that one is pretty much confirmed)
>powerplant
>the remaining floors of 2 freaking grand hotels...imean come on.
>volcano dungeon
>surf between at least some islands
>the upwards flowing waterfall that was promised
>>
>>33560552
Blush Mountain should have been the magnetic field area.
>>
>>33560984
Because GF wanted Alola to be Kanto 2.0 on terms of Pokemon encounters.
>>
>>33560727
But why is he with you and lusamine at aether labs in the trailer?
>>
>>33561421
Holy shit, they need to move on already. I enjoyed Blue at the time and I even enjoyed Leaf Green, but I honestly wouldn't miss anything about Gen 1 if removed wholly from the games.
>>
>>33560600
>he wild dex distribution has changed in some way or another
don't forget that trainer with the level 10 murkrow, implying that murkrow has been moved to much earlier in the game.
>>
>>33560716
>Oras and RS makes implicit that Emerald happens a few months after, and that is why the battle frontier is under construction
What? No, ORAS is a different universe (with megas) with links to RS. The Battle Frontier is just a "fun" reference. Emerald happens at the same time as RS, it wouldn't make sense to have 2 fucking similar catastrophes in a few months time.
>>
>>33560625
I think Poni Canyon would make an incredible victory road
>>
>>33560979
or you know, just allow the magnet held item to work like razor claw/fang for the pokemon that need electromagnetic locations to evolve.
>>
>>33561447
>The Battle Frontier is just a "fun" reference
We need to sit GF down and tell them when's the best time to use references
>>
>>33561439
you see murkrow fly over you on route 1 at night, it may well be on melemele now
>>
>>33560607
probably this, a portion of the mountain will become accessible midway through the game- you'd hope so anyway, otherwise gamefreak are fucking retarded.
>>
>>33561435
Isn't that the first visit to Aether? The Hala/Hau cutscene happens during the big showdown when you return to Aether.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.