[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think this is the maddest a Pokemon game has made me, as far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: munn.webm (81KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
munn.webm
81KB, 240x180px
I think this is the maddest a Pokemon game has made me, as far as narrative goes. Up until this point the rules were you beat a trainer, they give up and give you what you want. Sure it was strange that grown men and women, organized criminals, were bending to the whims of some random kid but I grew to accept it since it happened in every game. I figured they were afraid of being attacked by the player's Pokemon directly. Who knows what the MC is thinking, kid could be a total sociopath for all we know.

But then these two Plasma thugs show up. Even after being soundly beaten in battle, they keep on beating Munna to make it fart magic mist. You did what you're supposed to, you followed the rules as they had been established up until this point, but it doesn't matter. And there's nothing you can do about it.
What would have happened if Musharna hadn't shown up? Would the thugs have beaten Munna to death? Would the player have intervened? Would your Pokemon even listen to you if you told them to attack a human being directly?

I wish Pokemon had more subversive moments like this, things that make me stop and wonder just what it is I'm trying to do in this game. The rest of the story with the whole "liberate your Pokemon" thing kind of goes for that but to me it fell rather flat, largely because the idea of Pokemon being your friends rather than tools is completely at odds with the gameplay mechanics. But this one moment stood out to me, and replaying the game now it still gives me pause.
>>
>>33559776
Oh shut up. You can't seriously be complaining about a solid game entry when such blatant garbage as gen 7 exists.
>>
Yeah it's pretty weird. It seems like every once in a while Gamefreak teases us with moments like this, but they're too scared of breaking free of the child friendly image.
>>
>>33559803
did you even read? I'm not complaining at all.
Being mad isn't necessarily a bad thing, particularly in cases like this where it's clearly the writer's intended reaction.

Gen 7 story does irritate me but for completely different reasons that have nothing to do with the actual narrative

oh wait was this a bait
>>
>>33559847
Actually, no. Sorry, I misunderstood your intended "mad". I thought you were complaining about GF like some PETA nerd, but you were mad at Plasma, I guess.

If it was bait though, you replied, so... But it's not, so you got lucky.
>>
>>33559776
There have often been things that evoke this same question though. Like whenever an evil team grunt is blocking a doorway or something and they won't battle you or let you pass.
>>
>>33559837
Yeah I really wish Pokemon would at least release like a PG-13 type game. One parents will still buy kids because as long as it's not an M they don't care, and even then they still don't really care anymore, but one that has some more mature themes in it and isn't so into "FRIENDSHIP!" When did the whole slap you in the face friendship thing even start? Like it was mentioned in Gen II in regards to Silver and his progression but I don't remember it being that bad until Gen V and on.
>>
File: Gunccino.png (335KB, 992x806px) Image search: [Google]
Gunccino.png
335KB, 992x806px
>Would your Pokemon even listen to you if you told them to attack a human being directly?

Now I wish this was a funny/heroic cutscene of your starter pokemon beating the shit out of them before they manage to kick the munna.
>>
>>33559922
M rating never stopped parents from buying COD and GTA V for their squeakers.

BW got it right in terms of maturity. I wouldn't want it to go too 'adult', if the fan games are anything to go by it would end up cringy as hell.
>>
>>33559966
Yeah that's what I meant, something between PG-PG-13 that allows more mature themes in. I don't want an M Poke game, was just saying parents don't care much about ratings so kids will still play game anyways if they want to.
>>
>>33559776
you can't attack humans with pokemons, you can't fuck poke waifus... you would do all of this if pokemons were real. what kind of game is it... not realistic at all...
>>
>>33560184
Fuck off
>>
>>33559803
>bringing genwars into this

>>33559887
>you got lucky... kid

Christ just kill yourself already
>>
>>33559989
Literally E10+
>>
File: 1340974040430.jpg (196KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
1340974040430.jpg
196KB, 800x650px
>>33559776
I always thought that the implication indeed *was* that the bad guys give up because of the threat your Pokemon pose to them vs. their now unprotected asses. These Plasma grunts are just so foolhardy, self-righteous and straight up dumb that they went right back to what they were doing before without a care for the consequences. Contrast with Lusamine, who's smart enough to know that the 11-year-old kid in front of her wouldn't hurt Lillie's mom, and goes through with her plans regardless of the results of your battle... or something.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.