[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Dark-type special until the split? Every damaging Dark-type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Why was Dark-type special until the split?

Every damaging Dark-type move up through Gen II ended up becoming a Physical move, and they all sounded Physical as well (Bite, Crunch, Thief, Beat Up, Feint Attack.) Bite even WAS a Physical move in Gen I before becoming Dark.

Every Gen II Dark-type has better Attack than Sp.Atk, except Houndoom (who's Atk is still good) and Murkrow (who's offense stats are equal.) Even Umbreon's Attack is 5 points higher than its Special Attack.

Yet, Ghost was Physical... but every Ghost type through Gen II was a Special Attacker. Hell, both of Gengar's STABs were Physical types.
>>
>>33558404
because Gamefreak is fucking stupid
why create all these mixed attackers in gen 3 that take advantage of their mixed types and then create the physical/special split the gen right after?
>>
>>33558404
Don't forget that Shadow ball always lowered Special Defense, even back in Gen II and III. At least Crunch had the decency to lower Special Defense when it was special.
>>
>>33558404
Later plans?
Or GF is incompetent, wouldn't surprise me considering none of the original fire types had access to good move and flareon being a physical mon.
>>
>>33558404
Because umbreon.
Eevees can only be special types.
>>
>>33558429
That wasn't much of a trend back then, though. All we had were Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon... three of the four main types. Nothing about that dictates "every Eeveelution MUST be special."

Which just means GF really is willing to fuck things over JUST to keep their little trends consistent.
>>
Ghost was probably set to be physical to counter psychic types in gen 1 which all had high special stats but low defense, except for a few like slowbro. Nevermind the fact that that fucked up the execution and made no ghost moves besides lick and nightshade.

Dark and ghost are SE on the same things so they probably just made dark special to differentiate it offensively from ghost
>>
>>33558444
Which is odd considering Flareon is physical as well.
>>
>>33558458
What I want to know is how they managed to make Psychic immune to Ghost
>>
>>33558487
fire was special in gen I-III
>>
>>33558508
Gen 1 was a clusterfuck
>>
>>33558519
That's his point, though? Flareon is a Physical Attacker, but a Fire type.
>>
I want to fug Karen
>>
>>33558525
I think flareon had both a huge attack and special stat in gen 1
>>
>>33558541
65/130/60/110/65
>>
File: IMG_0756.png (81KB, 645x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0756.png
81KB, 645x729px
>>33558557

>5 stats

try again retard
>>
>>33558578
In Gen 1 there were only 5 stats.
>>
>>33558578
130 attack
110 special
>>
>>33558404
~Just Game Freak Things~
>>
File: 1505431948421.png (85KB, 343x332px) Image search: [Google]
1505431948421.png
85KB, 343x332px
>>33558578
>being this retarded
>>
>>33558404
>Every Gen II Dark-type
>except 60% of them

Still a valid point though, it should have been Physical
>>
The physical/special split was a mistake.
You know it's true.
>>
>>33558404
Because the damage from Dark-type moves comes less from the physical act, and more the emotional damage it does to the opponent's spirit. Hence why Ghost is weak to Dark and Steel no longer resists it.
>>
File: IMG_0090.jpg (67KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.jpg
67KB, 530x530px
>>33558734
>>
>>33558710
Do you mean "except 40%"? Because of the five Dark-types in Gen II, three of them have higher Attack than Special Attack, and one of them has Attack and Special Attack that are even. So you could easily argue 80% are Physical attackers.
>>
>>33558578
How did someone born since February last year post here and why are they not banned?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.