[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feel like this game has the best soundtrack of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: pokemondiamondandpearl-206511.jpg (198KB, 655x368px) Image search: [Google]
pokemondiamondandpearl-206511.jpg
198KB, 655x368px
Anyone else feel like this game has the best soundtrack of the entire series?

Most older gens had fantastic timeless soundtracks, but this one just blew me away first time through.
>>
>>33555883
The poor soundfont really fucks it up. At least the soundfont issue was mostly resolved by the time of HGSS.
>>
>>33555883
>Anyone else feel like this game has the best soundtrack of the entire series?
Yep, 100% agree. The music in the lake caverns was just great
>>
I feel like those games had the worst soundtracks. Cynthia's battle and the lake themes were great but past that I cannot remember a single track,
>>
It even had different soundtracks for day and night. Godlike.
>>
>>33555983
It depends what you're going for. There's less catchy, simple tunes and more incredible artsy atmospheric stuff like Eterna Forest, Hearthome City, Arceus Theme etc.

This game's soundtrack was much more adventurous than previous gens.

I agree with >>33555904 that the soundtrack has aged very badly.
>>
>>33555883
100% yes. Some of those themes have 'larger-than-life' vibes - it's so good. I think anyone who dislikes it is crazy, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>33556003
This. While I don't think it's bad, I don't particularly think it's memorable or has many catchy tunes. The piano themes are overrated, imo.
>>
File: 1359822248942.png (74KB, 501x496px) Image search: [Google]
1359822248942.png
74KB, 501x496px
I cant wait until the remakes come out on the Switch. Imagine a full Jazz ensemble of this soundtrack
>>
>>33555999
underrated numbers
>>
Still think GSC had the best soundtrack overall. The music has that nostalgic and rustic feel to it and Kanto remixes are amazing up to the point where I actually like most GSC Kanto music over the original RBY soundtrack.

Sadly I didn't enjoy HGSS' music at all, I don't know what it is about it but it just feels so weird.
>>
>>33555883
Gen 4 might have had a lot of technical issues but one thing they absolutely nailed was the atmosphere. Great music, great lore behind the mascots, and some really beautiful setpieces for the time.

I really hope they do a D/P/Pt remake on the Switch justice and not half-ass it like OR/AS.
>>
Only road themes, battle themes were okay but some forgettable
>>
>Jazzfags
>>
I admit I heard it in Super Smash Bros first, but I absolutely love the Route 209 music. It feels so triumphant, it gets me hyped every time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAH6hNFkHTw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeUV_Vy6Dto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZJ-cPcKtk
>>
>>33555904
This. I'm personally a fan og gen V's soundtrack myself, but I don't think I can properly appreciate gen 4's soundtrack because of how shrill it ended up being. One of the reasons I'm hoping for a Sinnoh remake.
>>
>>33558274
I was hoping someone would post this, this is my all time favorite Pokemon track.
>>
>>33555983
>Not remembering the GOAT dungeon theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhmygATFpLI
>>
>>33559288
All of the themes with piano tend to blend into each other. I feel like people overrate them, they're not that catchy imo
>>
>>33559288
my nigga
>>
>>33555883
Definitely.
Only Sinnoh and Unova have so many quality music packed so tightly but still I prefer Sinnoh.
>>
The first route makes me think of my. cat running up to eat cat food
>>
>>33555999
good numbers but I hated hearing the night version of the pokemon center so much you don't even know. it was so slow and boring. annoying
>>
The route and town themes are the best music ever produced in the franchise.
Battle themes are not that great, but not bad.
>>
>>33559723
Nah, they're not. Gen 5 and 7 had far superior town themes overall with each of the other gens having much more distinct themes that rise far above anything in Sinnoh. The route themes are better but not the best.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.