[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they call this Porygon card "Cool Porygon"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8990.jpg (41KB, 316x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8990.jpg
41KB, 316x450px
Why did they call this Porygon card "Cool Porygon"? Is there something special about it?
>>
>>33552217
It's very cool
>>
>>33552217
You're not cool, so you wouldn't understand
>>
>>33552217
Both of his attacks are good
Having a resistsnce of your choosing made it usable in most situations
You also ususlly score at least one hit with his attack
And I think it was called cool because it was limited or special edition
>>
>>33552217
It is 3D and has a texture that some would say "looks magical".
>>
File: PorygonTeamRocket48.jpg (81KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
PorygonTeamRocket48.jpg
81KB, 350x495px
>>33552310

That card is garbage desu use team rocket porygon if you wanted a porygon in your deck
>>
>>33552310
The card is utter garbage dude, 3 energies for that crap and that abysmal HP make it plain trash.
>>
>>33552217
You would understand why it's cool if you looked at it
>>
>>33552217
He's not that cool desu
>>
>>33552217
He's pretty cool
>>
If you have to ask, you'll never know.
>>
>>33552367
>20 hp hit and no resistance
Yeah sure
>>
It was a promo card.
>>
>>33554046
Better than coin flips and cool porygon's effect ends when either pokemon leave the active spot. Team rocket's porygon's effect stays for as long as the opponents pokemon is on the field.
>>
>>33555069
Very few promo cards at the time had names like that. The promo card was originally a pack-in with the Pikachu N64 in Japan, I think, so it's not like the way you got it had anything to do with the card itself either.
>>
>>33555111
Yeah, what's the point of being able to change your opponent's weakness if the effect ends when you bench your Pokemon anyway? It means you'll be unable to take advantage of it. Or was there some crazy way to hit for weaknesses of other types at this point in the game?
>>
File: 1470799236424.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1470799236424.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>33552217
>he doesn't know what a cool dude porygon is
Faggot.
>>
>>33555111
Well maybe you had shit luck but that card saved my ass more than once in gyms in the TCG for gb
I usually dragged him and just choose a resistance agaisnt the gym mons and he usually handled well his own as a cheap easy barrier that can use any energy so if you pick a water resistance in the water gym he automatically becomes a 100 hp wall which makes him pretty durable most of the time
And you can also use his attack once it is charged so even better
Anyways you might use kangaskhan or chansey which has more hp and less gimmicky, but until you get those then porygon is good choice
>>
>>33555238
They have different uses. Cool Porygon's point is to be a 3D Attack-spamming wall, while the TR one's point is to get in, change the opponent's weakness, then switch for something that hits for that weakness.
>>
>>33552217
Is there an Trainer or Special Energy card or a Pokémon Power which can switch Porygon's type to something other than colorless (in Unlimited).
>>
At the point this caard was released, the only other Porygon card was the Base Set one that didn't have any damaging attacks. I think the name is supposed to refer to the fact that this one can actually deal damage.
>>
>>33555238
>>33555207
The actual card meta isn't anything to whatever made up idea you have in mind or whatever experience you had against a dumb AI with a shit deck.
Those two porygon are trash, period.
>>
>>33555343
Oh competitive cancer
Isn't your game as good as dead anyways? lol
Also you didn't post which cards are objectively better than those, good job.
>>
>>33555268
Crystal shard can change type to colorless :^)
>>
Porygon had some cool tcg art
>>
>>33555343

They're both trash, but rocket's porygon at least has free retreat so if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to play one I would play that one.

Never attack with either of them though
>>
A lot of the early promo's were terrible. I think only movie mewtwo stands out
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.