[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still like Ash as a character? If not when did you stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

Do you still like Ash as a character? If not when did you stop liking him? I personally gave up on him once Best Wishes started.
>>
>Do you still like Ash as a character?
Why would I like a literal non-character? He's a marketing tool.

>If not when did you stop liking him?
Once his original character arc was done before they repeated it over and over again once per season. ie: end of Johto
>>
File: Charizard Seismic Toss.gif (940KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Charizard Seismic Toss.gif
940KB, 400x300px
>>33549399
Didn't like him since the Pokemon League in Season 1. Pic related was probably the last highlight before it all went downhill. Every season that passed they lobotomized him more and more.
>>
>>33549399
>still
Who ever liked him from the beginning? He was a complete little shit originally. DP and XY were the only worthwhile incarnations of him.
>>
>>33549453
It's called character. Something XY Ash never had.
>>
>>33549468
Being a whiny little shit who releases all his evolved Pokemon for no reason isn't character.
>>
>>33549522
>no reason
He had plenty of reasons. He released Butterfree for it to mate. He released Primeape so he'd follow his dream. He released Pidgeot to protect the Pidgey. He "released" Charizard so that he could become stronger. He released Greninja so that he could help save the world.

Every day I'm convinced that if Pokemon were real, everyone on /vp/ would be an autistic retard who wouldn't know how to treat their Pokemon correctly.
>>
>>33549552
All of those reasons were contrived bullshit that were only introduced in the very episode where the release happened.
>>
>>33549589
So? Blame the poor planning of the anime, not Ash's character. If that happened to you, would you be a dick to your mons and force them to stay with you?
>>
he was never a character, there's never been any development
>>
Xy+xyz and sm ash are the best
>>
I never liked Ash, even as a kid. There were never many human characters I did like in the anime. Brock, Misty later on, Ash's mom, Prof. Oak and Gary are the only characters I remember liking when I stopped watching the anime around the start of gen 3
>>
>>33549522
>implying XY didn't release his pokemon either
>>
>>33549399
As much as I would like to say yes, not anymore.
>If not when did you stop liking him?
The last time I liked Ash was in Sinnoh. Watched a couple of episodes of BW and he was super retarded. Watched a couple of episodes of XY and he was no fun. Ash stopped being Ash after Sinnoh.
>>
>>33549399
I stopped watching In johto thereabouts. Never got to Hoenn. Saw an episode on Serebii and I watched it on a whim. What happened was, was that Ash and the gang where in this ruined old temple. There was a professor or something thing, and he pointed at an artefact and said "don't touch this: if you touch it, you'll get possessed" To which Ash replied "fuck you old man!", picked it up and was IMMEDIATELY possessed.

That's the exact moment I not only stopped giving a shit about the tv show, but started to be actively irritated by it.
>>
>>33549399
I've always hated Ash. I thought it was unfair that he got to go on Pokemon adventure while I had to go to school. Even as a kid I thought he was incompetent and didn't deserve to be a trainer.
>>
Why the fuck do all of you hate Ash? He's been decently entertaining in almost every season except BW
>>
>>33549399
I gave BW ash a try but XY ash killed him for me.
I like SM ash though since he got that silly personality which i always liked.
>>
>>33550957
(you)
>>
>>33550974
Not everyone likes a tryhard serious ash so what?
>>
Why is there so much overlap between people that like the SM anime and people that write like lobotomized monkeys?
>>
>>33551014
t. XYpedro
>>
>>33549399
Yes, I actually liked him in BW and SM, XY and DP he was kinda boring.
>>
>>33549435
>>Do you still like Ash as a character?
Yeah. Sinnoh and Kalos Ash were fine.
>>
>>33549435
Anon, Ash is stuck at pocket dimensions for years.
>>
I stopped watching the anime around the end of the original series. I watched it dubbed, obviously, being a kid. I tried to get into Best Wishes and XY, subbed, and it wasn't interesting. Partially because Ash, while never exactly compelling, was incredibly boring.

Not sure how much of that is nostalgia, the dub changing things, or the character actually getting flanderized. I'm willing to bet it's a little bit of all three.
>>
>>33552432

Ash has been fine every season but BW
>>
>>33549399
Paul made him look like garbage in comparison
Paul deserved the Sinnoh League
Frick U Tobias
>>
>>33549399
Not even when I was a kid, really.
>>
DP and XY were his best.
I keep to delude myself about XYZ being the finale.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.