[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will Gen 8 further btfo patternbrainlets? >invertebrate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 1484082665761.png (337KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1484082665761.png
337KB, 1144x888px
How will Gen 8 further btfo patternbrainlets?
>invertebrate starter
>starters have a different type triangle
>2-stage pseudo with 595 BST
>3-stage fossilmon
>no eeveelution or an eeveelution with a former "physical" type
>no box legend trio; it's all 1 Pokemon with multiple forms
>random retyping retcons for old legendaries
>4th evolutions
>>
>>33547710
A single starter that branches into three evolution lines
>>
File: 1474674204066.png (193KB, 499x478px) Image search: [Google]
1474674204066.png
193KB, 499x478px
>>33547710
>4th evolutions
Get outta here
>>
File: pepe-702x390.jpg (36KB, 702x390px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-702x390.jpg
36KB, 702x390px
Generation starts with Kanto revisits and not a new region
>>
>>33547710
A three-staged fossilmon would actually be nice. Compy to Veloci to Utahrap.
>>
>>33547728
If it's exclusive to 1 Pokemon line I can see it.
>>
>Gen8 first set of games is set in Kanto

>Starters are Dark/Fighting/Psychic

>They aren't humanoid or follow the Bara/Numel/Waifu pattern

>They are literally my mom's (Animal they are)

>The cover doesn't feature legendaries but the starters final stage

>No legendary duo, just one legendary
>>
Starters are ultra beasts that dont go by the fire water grass formula
>>
>>33547768
>Dark/Fighting/Psychic
Psychic can't damage Dark. That would be an unfair trio.
>>
>>33547768
A better trio is ice/ground/steel
>>
>>33547799
fighting strong against dark
dark strong against psychic
psychic strong against fighting

it's fair
>>
>>33547768
bara/waifu/numale always applies. Even if people really need to force it.
>>
>>33547828
Can you not do basic math?
0.5x effective > 0x effective
Just make the new starter trio fighting, fairy and steel
>>
>>33547710
Fire starter not from the Chinese Zodiac. Currently the most rigid and undeniable pattern.
>>
>>33547710
PWT IS the regional league
>>
>>33547843
The heck are you using a Psychic type against a Dark type for?
>>
>>33547843
Fighting doesn't resist Steel. I think the only other perfectly symmetric trio is Fighting/Flying/Rock
>>
>>33547710
>The next Pseudo-Legendary is HP-orientated, but has reliable recovery, unlike, say, Guzzlord or Snorlax.
>There will be even less Pokémon whose Attack or Sp. Atk stats exceed 100.
>The new Starters can learn certain moves from certain Legendary Pokémon to fit with whatever motif they have going on.
>You become friends with the box art Legendary before you even reach the halfway point.
>Your player character's mom is the true main villain!
>The Professor is not named after a tree.
>Every established Pseudo-Legendary barring the Deino, Goomy, and Jangmo-o lines now have secondary Abilities.
>Fewer Grass and Water Types than usual.
>>
>>33547870
I would argue than "Grass Starter = influenced by prehistoric animals" is the most rigid.
>>
>invertebrate starter
That would be great.
That's ok. How about NO TRIANGLE? Did I trigger you brainboy?
I'm down with one or two stage pseudos but not being 600 BST would get to me at first. The legend bar is already down to 570 BST so anything above that is fine by me.
>3-stage fossilmon
Cool.
We've had no Eeveelutions before. As long as they are good they could be the same type as a former one or dual types. Just me them good.
We've had that in a way. Again as long as it's good it's fine.
Cool.
>4th evolutions
We already have that. Permanent evos I'm more partial to than Megas.

Paterns like rules are meant to be broken.
>>
I also hate patternfags, theyre so fkn dumb

They use as argument "we wont have new pokemon" because muh pattern

"we will have gyms" because muh pattern.

Those arguments are made for people with 68 IQ
>>
File: 1495574274824.jpg (59KB, 943x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495574274824.jpg
59KB, 943x960px
There's one pattern that'll never be broken, however.
The pattern that Pokemon is guaranteed to at least make at least a million in sales no matter what they do.
>>
>>33547718

>Literally the whomstd've's of this thread
>>
>>33547810

Ice doesn't resist ground, though.
>>
>>33547870
>believing this
Why zodiacfags are this retarded?
>>
>>33547710
I had been thinking of fossilmons that broke the Rock type tradition while still being 2 stage. Grass/Dragon Stegosaurus and Water/Dragon Megalodon. Fern Fossil and Tooth Fossil.
>>
>>33547710
But the very idea of a pseudo-legendary is just fans noticing a pattern and giving a name to it. If it didn't fit those patterns it wouldn't be a Pseudo, just something like Volcarona.
>>
Your first Pokemon is the legendary Pokemon, and you get the starter after rescuing it and adding it to your team
>>
>>33547799
Oh blooo
Who cares, life isn't fair, it works well enough and we need a new type trio for starters. Usually they get secondary types that change the balance anyway so it's never perfect.
>>33547920
I thought it did though? Either of those would still be fine, it's getting to the point where there won't be as many good ideas for starters if they keep the Grass/Fire/Water trio for another few generations.
>>
>>33547710
Legendaries don't take place in the plot.
>>
>>33548895
Eh, if a pattern has been established, it's reasonable to base predictions on it

The stupid thing is people thinking Gamefreak is stuck to these patterns - I made a reasoned guess on the UBs types for example, but realize that it's only likely based on patterns that Gamefreak can just ignore, so I wouldn't be shocked if I was completely wrong
>>
>>33548968
>Your first Pokemon is the legendary Pokemon
I don't know man do we really want a game where the main player is Lillie
>>
>>33547920
Starter trio begins and stay pure Flying, Fighting, and Rock types. Upon Megavolution they become Flying/Fire, Fighting/Grass and Rock/Water.
>>
>>33547710
>Starters are object-mons
>They go in an imperfect Fire/Ground/Ice triangle (would be perfect if Fire stopped resisting Ice so they're weak to one another but don't resist)
>Box doesn't show the box legends, instead it shows version exclusive pika-clones
>Begins with three versions, you get a 4th version later
>All 3 physical boxes they come in are scratch and sniff
>Games come with scratch and sniff stickers
>The stickers and other trinkets and toys and shit that come with the games somehow affect gameplay
>>
>>33548942
Ice-age preserved creatures that are part Ice instead of Rock.
>>
>>33548097
>We've had no Eeveelutions before. As long as they are good they could be the same type as a former one or dual types. Just me them good.
Some patternfags and eeveefags have been insisting we will get an Eeveelution in every even # gen until they either finish every type or finish every type that used to be Special-only (so only Dragon will be left).
>>
>>33549512
>The stickers and other trinkets and toys and shit that come with the games somehow affect gameplay

"Tap a Pokémon Amiibo to make it show up in the wild"?
>>
>>33549540
Mammoth and Sabertooth tiger, would be dope
>>
>>33547710

This one makes no sense though, because the only reason fans recognize pseudos as defined archetype is because of the traits they all share. If they made a pseudo that didn't have those traits, then how would anyone know it was supposed to be a pseudo? It's not like there's an official term for pseudos like there is for legendaries that Game Freak can just slap on any Pokemon they want even if it breaks previous patterns.

Case in point: many people believe Aggron, Flygon, and Haxorus are pseudos, while most people insist they aren't because they don't meet the criteria. But if you accept that they can break the established pattern, how do you know they haven't already? What exactly would make this hypothetical 2-stage 595 BST Pokemon qualify as a pseudo, but would still disqualify Aggron, Flygon, and Haxorus?

Until Game Freak actually gives that group of Pokemon an official name, it's completely meaningless to speculate about new ones that don't fit the pattern because no one would recognize them as belonging to the group anyway.
>>
>>33547710
Then it wouldn't be a pseudo?
>>
>>33547768
They've clearly acknowledged that trio of types, and it's pretty clear that they'll never use it.
There are a few trios that would actually work, like Flying/Fighting/Rock, but the real issue is that none of them work as well as the classic Fire/Water/Grass. Not only are they in a rock/paper/scissors relationship, but it could be said that they represent different strategies, generally. Fire is a good offensive type, Water is a good defensive type, and Grass is a good support type. Meanwhile, Psychic is offensive, Fighting is offensive, and Dark is reliant on like two moves to be relevant.
>>
>>33547710
I wouldn't mind most of these, but the "pseudo," even if intended to be the pseudo, would not be called a pseudo, probably, and I'm not sure I can get behind 4-stage evolutions - that's what megas are for, right? And if those were introduced, you'd have people clamoring for absolutely mountains of cross-gen evos where none are needed or a Mega could genuinely suffice. Plus, Middle Cup would fall apart.
>>
>>33547838
Gen 4, Gen 1 has 3 bara starters and Gen 5 2 bara starters
>>
>>33548913
I know and it fucking sucks. Theyd probably stop doing retarded shit if a game bombed.
>>
>>33550063
bara - blastoise and torterra
waifu - venusuar and empoleon
numale - zard and ape
>>
Why does it have to be a triangle? I tried fire-bug-psychic-fighting-rock, and it works. It isn't the übermench of type pentagons, but it'll do.
>>
>>33550650
>zard
>not waifu
>>
>>33551343
Swap venu and zard and all is cool and nice.
>>
>>33551335
Achtually, a better one would be fire-bug-grass-ground-rock...
>>
>>33547710
>invertebrate starter
Would have to be the Fire starters. Extinctfags and weaponfags would almost certainly come up with something.
Possible, but I think they will stick with FWG not because of patterns but because it's simply the easier triangle to understand conceptually for first time players.
Would be neat. I can see them coming up with some retarded classification like "pseudo-pseudo legendary"
>3-stage fossilmon
The pattern isn't even there because there is a single stage fossil already
Not even unlikely since Dragon is the only special type left
Meh, could happen
Typing retcons at all in a generation that introduces no new types would be a first. Well, there are the Rotom Appliances, but that's kinda an edge case.
>4th evolutions
Lol.
>>
>>33547768
>>33547838
Bara/Waifu/Numale is a pattern that started in gen 6 and was established as a pattern by gen 7. Anyone who tries to apply it to previous gens is trying too hard. By the way there is more than one way to break this pattern; for example the two bara starters we've had have been Grass and Fire type, so people assume the next bara starter will be Water. To break this pattern you could simply make the Fire starter the bara again.
>>
>regional league is basically a PWT clone
>no legendaries until postgame
>metro stations let you have more freedom of exploring the region without a necessary order
>"plot" is more about exploring shit and creating your base, which is basically a proto-gym
>post game, said base become your gym and you can choose up to seven characters from the PWT to become gym leaders
>starters ARE the fossils,two three-staged lines
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.