[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultra Beasts aren't Pokemon (and I don't mean from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_8939.png (178KB, 370x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8939.png
178KB, 370x270px
Ultra Beasts aren't Pokemon (and I don't mean from a "they're shit, they suck" standpoint). I personally love the Ultra Beasts

Ultra Beasts are entirely new creatures from a different dimension. The people of the Pokémon world catagorize them as Pokémon because Pokemon are all they know. They see a strange creature with powers, they automatically think it's a Pokémon. This would happen if any kind of unown creature that comes to the Pokémon world.
>>
>>33545402

It's explicitly stated in-game that they're Pokemon.
>>
Ultra Beast is a class of Pokemon.
>>
>>33545417
By character who view them as such with no outstanding evidence
>>
>>33545439
>Pokedex says they're Pokemon
>official sites say they're Pokemon
>characters in the game say they're Pokemon
They're fucking Pokemon, this isn't up for debate.
>>
>>33545402
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
But like what even defines a Pokemon when you have manmade stuff like Porygon or mysterious seemingly artificial stuff like Klink?
>>
they're still pokemon at the end of the day. With this argument you can just as easily say alien pokemon such as clefairy and deoxys aren't "pokemon" either.
>>
>>33545402
They are creatures with no relation to the history of "Pokemon". They are extra dimensional "Pokemon" because "Pokemon" is just definition of any life in the Pokemon world, of course with humans, the only lifeforms to be able to enslave all others that have also lost any connection to moves etc making them very different and not considered Pokemon anymore. If we found alien life that isn't intelligent like humans we would also call them animals, it's only logical to do so. So yes they are "Pokemon" but not "Pokemon Pokemon", if you get what i'm saying.
>>
>>33545402
Are they monsters? YES
Can you capture them in balls and put them in your pocket? YES

They are pokemon.
>>
>One of the Ultra Beasts. It’s unclear whether or not this Pokémon is sentient, but sometimes it can be observed behaving like a young girl
>this Pokémon
>Pokémon
>>
>>33545439
Please stop. You'll summon Richa-
>>33546077
aww fuck
>>
>>33545743
Yet pokerus and Kangababy are not a Pokemon
>>
>>33546099
Newfag here, what is a Richard?
>>
>>33545402
>literally everything in and out of the game calls them Pokemon
>some fans: "T-T-THEY'RE NOT POKEMON I DONT CARE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Literal autism, whether you like them or not. Fuck off back to tumblr with your head canons.
>>
File: Ultra Beasts, according to some.png (197KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra Beasts, according to some.png
197KB, 500x717px
>>33545402
(You)
>>
File: kjrNLvJ.png (112KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
kjrNLvJ.png
112KB, 480x362px
>>33546118
Richard is a regular poster on /vp/ who invades discussion threads and derails them. You can recognise him by virtue of his bad, but still understandable grammar and his tendency to repeat the following arguments:
-Everything the Pokédex says is irrefutable fact
-Everything the Pokédex says must be taken literally
Trying to argue any of these points with him is an exercise in futility, because he will either derail the discussion with more pictures of Pokédex entries, or he will deliberately misinterpret what you're saying and attack the resulting strawman.

As an example, pic related is an image you'll often see him post in threads discussing which Pokémon is the strongest. He'll use this dex entry as evidence that Machoke is canonically omnipotent, having "boundless power".
>>
>>33546118
Google "Mew Crabhammer"
>>
>>33545402

Deoxys forms aren't Pokemon (and I don't mean from a "they're shit, they suck" standpoint). I personally love the Deoxys forms

Deoxys forms are mutant DNA from outer space. The people of the Pokémon world catagorize them as Pokémon because Pokemon are all they know. They see a strange creature with powers, they automatically think it's a Pokémon. This would happen if any kind of unown creature that comes to the Pokémon world.
>>
>>33545402
Literally all Pokemon past gen 1 aren't Pokemon (and I don't mean from a "they're shit, they suck" standpoint). I personally love gens 2-7

Gen 2-7 "Pokemon" are actually just animals of a different species than real Pokemon. The people of the Pokémon world catagorize them as Pokémon because Pokemon are all they know. They see a strange creature with powers, they automatically think it's a Pokémon. This would happen if any kind of unown creature that comes to the Pokémon world.
>>
>>33546232
>omnipotent
this dex entry suggest pseudo omnipotency as it has a limiter

anything that can modify space like palkia can just put the belt back onto machoke
>>
Ultra Beast is just a title, just like Legendary. Aren't the Dog Trio know as "Legendary Beasts"? Do we call them that? No, they're pokemon.

Ultra Beasts, to me, is just another type of Legendary Pokemon, could say they're a more savage or feral form of Legendary Pokemon.

tl;dr they're just legendary from another world.
>>
>>33545402
Ultra Beasts are basically legendaries. However they are more like mythicals in that they're legendaries but have a stipulation that is demanding of a title differentiating it from regular legendary.
>>
File: tumblr_okioobAicR1tuxjp9o2_1280.jpg (397KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okioobAicR1tuxjp9o2_1280.jpg
397KB, 960x1280px
>parasite Pokémon

They're Pokémon, you don't get to have an opinion on facts.
>>
>>33547145
Hey Richard. Your grammar sure improved, huh.
>>
>>33545402
>pokeballs work on them
>learn pokemon moves

They're pokemon
>>
>>33547159
Richard's screenshots have a particular formatting to the filename, like Nihilego_Pokedex_(1) or whatever.
>>
File: latest[2].png (492KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
492KB, 544x544px
>>33545402
This ultra beast doesn't look like a pokemon tho
>>
>>33545829
We wouldn't call them animals unless they had a shared origin. We would have to make a new classification system like "Xenomalia" or something like that.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.