[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is monumental. This is the first generation where something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

This is monumental. This is the first generation where something excruciatingly big is revealed and there were no leaks about it.
This is the first generation with new species in the Pokedex in the same genration, completely playable. If you said this would happen, which people did, people would say you're a fucking retard, which we did. And now it's a reality. Sure, people said there'd be new Pokemon but never gave an exact number, exact species and type, and definitely did not mention them being ultra beasts. They're keeping some stiff fucking lips on this one.
>>
>>33537211
>where something excruciatingly big is revealed and there were no leaks about it

Everyone knew there were going to be new UBs, it's called fucking 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon'. If you think this is a big reveal then you're stupid.
>>
>>33537378
>everyone knew they were going to add new pokemon mid gen, it's not a big deal
SEETHING
>>
>>33537378
Bet you're one of those fags who thought "New Gen = New Pokemon"

But of course, keep covering your ass
>>
>>33537378
>Trying this hard to shitpost
>This anon knew that for the first time ever new pokemon would be added mid-gen
>First time in 20 years
>After SM were data mined to hell and back
>>
>>33537378
>It has the word Ultra in it of course they're gonna add new ultra beasts
Why did we not get Pokemon with 2 at the end in Black and White 2 then?
>>
>>33537378
there was literally a thread just yesterday with 'leaks' that said 'no new anything' because 'muh placeholders' and everyone in the thread was fellating OP.

F U C K O F F
U
C
K

O
F
F
>>
>>33537404
>>33537541
>>33537549
>b-but muh p-patterns
I thought pretty much everyone was expecting new UBs and alolan forms
>>
>>33537637
People were expecting new forms.
Almost no one was expecting new POKEMON. That's a complete first for this series.
>>
>>33537378
>everyone knew

Liar. I saw every fucking thread, and no, nobody fucking knew.
>>
>>33537211
>and there were no leaks about it.
There were. You either didn't see them or didn't believe them.
One guy called the games USM before there was any announcement and said there would be new ultra beasts.
That's how most real leakers operate. They'll discretely drop big info and fuck off without saying anything else. Most of the time it goes unnoticed unless someone who saw the post remembers later on.
>>
>>33537637
I think a ton of people expected new Alolan forms (which still haven't been confirmed, fuck you GameFreak).
I don't think anyone expected brand new Pokemon mid-gen. If anyone did, I think 95% of /vp/ would've just laughed.
>>
File: 1468846985263.jpg (64KB, 600x694px) Image search: [Google]
1468846985263.jpg
64KB, 600x694px
>>33537634

They were stupid then, no doubt Fairy-deniers too. Only 'muh-patterns' morons would come up with that.

UBs are/were clearly going to be part of the story. Given that we've already seen them all in the originals it only makes sense that we'd see more in USUM.

>"Wow new Pokemon mid-gen! patternsfags BTFO!!!"
>"Anyone could have seen this coming, it was obvious."
>"No because muh patterns!!!"

It's like being in a class with learning difficulties kids.
>>
>>33537637

Thank you, glad someone else isn't a fucking idiot around here.
>>
>>33537852
>denying a hypothetical new type before its reveal is the same as assuming they're gonna introduce new pokemon mid gen with absolutely no evidence to support it
Fuck off. I'll be the first to laugh at fairy deniers but that comparison is just retarded.
>>
>>33537852
>New generation with a new type
>New Species in the middle of the generation that are fully playable and are newly numbered in the dex
One of these things are not like the other. The only time this ever happened was on spin off games or Pokemon Gale of Darkness and even then, that Bonsly was literally a reskinned Sudowoodo through and through. We have had new forms, new moves, and even new items. But never new species within a generation.
>>33537791
Are you talking about the one that ended with "These totally aren't any leaks or anything!" That one was under the radar for quite some time and even then, "New Pokemon" is something said multiple times in many leaks. What matters more is what exactly the Pokemon are. Type, ability, moves, Legendary/catchable/event/etc. I wont say "lucky guess" but even then, when there's so many leaks that say that shit and don't go into bigger detail it doesn't seem legit.
>>
>>33537898

I don't know how you can even say this with a straight face. I thought it was so obvious that we'd see new UB's that it went without saying - I literally never even mentioned it in speculation posts just because it's called 'ULTRA Sun' and 'ULTRA Moon'. It was so painfully obvious that it was going to focus more on UBs.

The fact is that UBs are canonically a grey area in terms of Pokemon classification, so It's not like getting brand new Alola-native Gen 7 dex Pokemon. The only difference it makes is that these weren't in the S/M datafiles and had no placeholders, which is mildly interesting but GF have had the capability to patch this in since Gen 6.

The only reason we see it as unusual is because we're so used to people tearing the game files apart that we consider this lack of a placeholder to be significant. In reality it was likely planned ahead to avoid being leaked 1 year prematurely. When you look at the games from the bare consumer point of view, we're not supposed to know about stuff like placeholders or datafiles. The only way this would be truly unusual is if they suddenly revealed the 'other half' of Gen 7's dex and we ended up with a whole new Pokedex - that would be unusual and something to get excited about.
>>
>>33537985

They literally told us there would be new Pokemon not found in the original games in the first trailer reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I1XIvWYtA

We've known this literally since day 1.
>>
>>33538212
>featuring pokemon that didn't appear in the original versions
Almost everyone thought that they meant new forms. Just admit that you are an outlier.
>>
>>33538297
honestly, I thought it meant new pokemon in the regional dex (like, mienfoo wasn't in SM, but it'll be in USM)

I didn't even think it meant new forms
>>
>>33538297

I have no problem admitting I'm an outlier because I can clearly see evidence of that from the response to the direct clips, I just had no idea so many people didn't see this coming and think that something groundbreaking has happened when in reality, it hasn't.

Maybe people just desperately want something to get excited about for USUM. I'm hearing a lot of talk of people expecting new Alola-region variants too, so perhaps their excitement for two UBs is just a manifestation of their hope that they'll get new Alola-region Pokemon. Sadly I don't think this is going to be the case.

The best thing we can hope for with USUM is that the story isn't 90% copy pasted from S/M and that all the effort went into cramming the game with tons of subtle gameplay features. There should supposedly be more, as Kazumasa Iwao said there were lots of other new features he couldn't talk about when demonstrating Alola Photo Club, as far as I can tell from the trailers and pre-release info we haven't actually seen any new features beside this one.
>>
Where did all the 'GF has nothing to show; USUM are a bust' anons go?
>>
>>33538559

They still don't have anything to show in terms of actual gameplay content, they're quickly running out of opportunities to reveal more information. We'd need a fairly substantial Pokemon direct to cover some decent content. What we need to know is:

-A little bit about how the encounter with the starters will be different
-Some hints towards how and why the story is going to be different.
-3 new features
-Show us some of the new parts of the region.

If they can do that in a direct next month, that'll be sufficient for the average gamer to decide whether or not they will want to buy this game. If they don't they either 1) Don't have anything to show or 2) Are holding their cards very close to their chests right up until the last minute.
>>
I always believe we get a new pokemon and people keep saying it will be new form. But then again, I believe that we will get a Southern Kalos and another new set of mon as well.
>>
File: image.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
572KB, 600x580px
>ORAS had mid-gen moves
>ORAS had mid-gen abilities
>ORAS had mid-gen forms that couldn't battle with the previous set of games
>b-b-b-but they can't have new gen Pokemon b-because reasons!!!!!

Anyone with a fucking brain should've seen this coming.
>>
>>33538716
I think out of everything you just listed, the only one we're likely to see is a semi-explanation on what's different in the story. My hope is that the only reason we're not seeing a huge difference in the region is because they expanded on what was already there. Blush Mountain being an actual mountain that players can explore and Mt. Wela becoming an actual dungeon.
>>
>>33537378
Dude?
Every time someone had even suggested new mons in USUM prior to today, the idea was ALWAYS shot down. It was always "We'll get some new forms maybe but that's it, no new mons". And now here we are.
>>
>>33538297
I thought they just meant the region dex was being expanded like usual.
Which also seems to be the case, given Rockruff's dex number.
>>
>>33538770
>ORAS had mid-gen moves
So did gen 5.
>ORAS had mid-gen forms that couldn't battle with the previous set of games
So did gen 4 and 5.
>>
File: 1373719868752s[1].jpg (7KB, 250x203px) Image search: [Google]
1373719868752s[1].jpg
7KB, 250x203px
i don't care about the UBs, i want a couple more normal mons as well
>>
>>33538914
>ORAS had mid-gen moves
>So did gen 5.
Black/White Kyurem's signature moves were still in the data for BW, but just went unused.
>>
>>33538914
No and no. BW2's moves were always in BW and both BW2 and Pt forms were backwards compatible in battle with previous games. The player of the previous game doesn't see the new sprite but the typing/stats stay consistent.
>>
>>33537378
Um, no? Everyone just assumed it was because of Ultra Space and maybe the UBs played a larger role in the story this time. Anyone saying there would be new UBs were called fucking retards for implying we would get new pokemon mid generation
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.