[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not a genwunner but I miss a lot of things about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1492105860436.jpg (108KB, 1024x587px) Image search: [Google]
1492105860436.jpg
108KB, 1024x587px
I'm not a genwunner but I miss a lot of things about the first two generations. The artstyle, the darker but more humble tone, rare Pokémon and the philosophy behind the construction of the game world (not the execution)... A lot of things have improved since then but I don't think those things are among them.
>>
>>33531977
>the darker but more humble tone
The games are darker now than they were before. Limited technology made the world seem more desolate and uncertain, but it was actually lighter into tone before.

Not sure how the games were more "humble" then, you mean they didn't make stories focused on legends?
>>
>>33531977
>the philosophy behind the construction of the game world
could you go into this more?
i'm not disagreeing just wondering what your thoughts are on it
>>
>>33531977
That was only in japan
>>
Humble sure, dark no
>>
>>33532234
For Gen 1, it's because the games were a passion project that took half a decade to develop with many nights of unpaid work. Obviously I don't want Game Freak to work unpaid, but I wish the same amount of love went into the games. Nowadays we have 1 year development cycles and developers who care to the extent of giving a "lol idk" response to why certain features were left out.

For both games, but Gen 2 more so than 1, it's about the minimal narrative and how the world is a little more open. I don't enjoy the prominence of the story in newer games but I do like places like Seafoam Islands, and how basically half of Johto is optional. Other gens past the first two also have this, but not the more recent ones.

>>33532175
>Not sure how the games were more "humble" then, you mean they didn't make stories focused on legends?
In part. I don't like how we have Pokémon that are basically deities now, and also things like alternate dimensions, multiverses and whatnot. There are also things like Team Flare's grand plan and giant superweapon compared to Team Rocket that just poached and sold Pokémon for money.
>>
>>33531977
I miss the games lacking the saccharine nature that has been present in the anime for a while
>>
>>33532313
the fuck do expect them to do over 20 years worth of games
>>
>>33532313
>I don't like how we have Pokémon that are basically deities now
To be fair Ho-Oh and Lugia are also considered deities and this was obvious in gen 2, hell Ho-Oh's lore is that it literally revives the dead.

I partly agree about the evil teams and that's why I enjoyed Skull and Aether this gen, one is just a collection of kids with no goal or purpose causing aimless mischief and the other was lead to corruption by a disturbed leader.
>>
>>33534065
Humans in the Johto region may revere them as deities but I don't think that really makes them that. Beyond Ho-Oh's ability to revive the dead, which it has because it's a phoenix, they have no reality warping powers. They did not play a role in creation of the world nor do they play one in maintaining and stabilizing it. They're just huge, extremely rare birds.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.