[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally get around to finishing this latest gen >picked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 0

>finally get around to finishing this latest gen
>picked it up late and only play it while taking a shit
>getting all the ultra beasts
>figured they'd be initiated encounters as was with the Tapus
>only bothered doing resets for favorable natures with the Tapu for this reason
>ultra beasts are RNG encounters
>every reset for a good ultra beast nature involves the additional tedium of finding them in an encounter on top of the tedium of catching them

Is gamefreak retarded? Do they want me to just say "fuck it" and start injecting pokemon into my game, like I did for gen6 because of their IV grinding bullshit? Who's the stupid fuck who thought this shit would be fun? Does gamefreak just outright dislike the competitive side of the game? Why is the endgame so tedium focused when the only people who will continue to play past the end of the game are players interested in the competitive aspect?

I just don't understand their angle on this shit anymore. Gen6 had the same slew of retarded shit that alienates anyone with a job, or a personal life or responsibilities outside of doing tedious shit in a pokemon game.
>>
>>33527579
>Gen6 had the same slew of retarded shit that alienates anyone with a job, or a personal life or responsibilities outside of doing tedious shit in a pokemon game
You mean when they added the 5 IV passing Destiny Knot functionality, and areas where you're guaranteed set IVs for some Pokémon making it take less than an hour from start to finish unless you're looking for Shinies rather than days maybe weeks of trying to get a 5 IV?

Yeah, I can totally see how casuals like yourself would complain about how much easier Gen 6 made the game for you - it's still not handing things to you so obviously it's too hard.

Simulators exist for those who don't want to have gameplay be a part of competitive, you fucking noob.
>>
>>33527579
>he doesn't have an Abra for every relevant nature
just inject desu it'll save you a lot of trouble
>>
>>33527579
This pic looks seriously painful
>>
>>33530229
>a game asking for hours of mindless tedium is "difficulty"

Why do you fucking retards believe this shit? Hatching eggs isn't "difficult" just because the game asks you to repeat the process over and over again for hours on end. That's just tedium. That's horrifically shit design.

Next you'll tell me that IVs add some layer of depth to competitive. When "just max them all out" is the correct answer, then no depth has been added. IVs are the most shallow, useless shit in this game. There's no opportunity cost in IVs. With EVs, you have to pick and choose where to put them from a finite amount of EVs that can be earned by a pokemon. With IVs, you max them all out, or you have a Gyro Ball set that maxes them all out and tanks the speed IV, or you replace some 31s with 28s and 29s for the right Hidden Power. It's all contrived shit.

It's why people have been injecting pokemon into the game since gen3. The design within the game around these systems is dogshit; and gamefreak is a shit company for continuing to use this dogshit design.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.