[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of graphical improvements would you like to see done?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: The future.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The future.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
What kind of graphical improvements would you like to see done? Of course besides hd models and environment. Personally i'd like more attack movement variations and the pokemon visibly getting fatigued when reaching low health.
>>
- Improved attack animations
- More dynamic pokemon stances during battle
Flying Pokemon should have a standing animation (or at least the ones that just hover should be standing)
- A proper sleeping animation
- Proper facial reactions from the protagonist
- Have the background of a battle be the actual location in the overworld (sort of like how the most recent Fire Emblem games handle it)

And while it's not exactly a graphical improvement, I'd like the series to have a fully controllable camera. It would allow the environments to be more complex, although knowing Game Freak they'll be trying to make the games even simpler.
>>
>>33526951
stable framerate
>>
>>33526951
Remove outlines
>>
File: why the game lags.png (885KB, 1316x1000px) Image search: [Google]
why the game lags.png
885KB, 1316x1000px
>>33527069
>>33527120
>>33527547
you guys all get it, but I feel like the attack animations are actually the lowest priority. They're functional, and some of them are pretty good. But it's all the other fluff, like more neutral animations, proper sleep/status animations, etc. that would really help sell the game to me.

Along with straight technical improvements like framerate, resolution, etc. Honestly the models themselves are fine, polycount could be higher but we're hitting diminishing returns since Pokemon looks best with a cel-shaded cartoonish, stylished aesthetic anyway.

Oh, and make them run up and physically hit the opposing pokemon for physical moves, like Battle Revolution did.
>>
>>33526951
I'd like the view to be closer to the action so to speak. Birds eye view had its charm but with the visual style theyve been leaning more and more towards I think a more typical third person camera would be nice, make it feel more like i'm in it rather than watching an automaton from afar.
Of course, this is under the assumption the world will have more in it rather than a handful of buildings and a dozen npcs standing around all day
>>
>>33526951
N64 graphics is realistically what people are going to get. Anyone expecting anything better is delusional.
>>
>>33527605
all this
>>
>>33527614
Worth the 380$
>>
poken graphics would be nice but i doubt it.

It's a mater of how they're going to do lighting, effecs and outlines.
>>
Would like to details in human characterslike you could see their hair flow for an example or simi realistic clothing like oddesy
>>
File: 1501753071118.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501753071118.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>33527605
This, I want 3 on 3 all wailord(up to scale of course) battles in the rain without any frame drops.
>>
File: unknown-18.png (333KB, 838x683px) Image search: [Google]
unknown-18.png
333KB, 838x683px
Rendered what I personally would want it to look like. Drop the faux-cell shading and go for something more akin to Pokemon Go (shader wise only)

Could also have slight texture changes, like a really subtle fur overlay on the texture, not like pokken but more like a middle ground
>>
>>33526951
real time wetness and drying simulations
>>
>>33527614
That is just retarded. SM look better than most n64 games.

If Gamefreak does that they deserve the flack that comes their way.
>>
File: 1445535669636.jpg (70KB, 587x545px) Image search: [Google]
1445535669636.jpg
70KB, 587x545px
>>33527605
>14142
>3DS game
>>
File: switch spam 2.png (186KB, 1280x364px) Image search: [Google]
switch spam 2.png
186KB, 1280x364px
>>33526951
>>
>>33528586
Well, it's currently one of two good things to talk about on the board.
Would you rather A) talk about a third version game split into a pair so GameFreak can make more money or B) talk about Gen 8 on Switch because the Switch is way more powerful than the 3DS and has the potential to exponentially increase the quality of Pokemon games?
I can guarantee you 4/5 people would choose B.
>>
>>33527706
Pokken looks hideous, though. At least the fur does, I guess Machamp and the others with skin are okay.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.