[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I'm a genwunner >mfw I haven't spent a penny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: laughingtomcruise.jpg (59KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
laughingtomcruise.jpg
59KB, 800x450px
>mfw I'm a genwunner
>mfw I haven't spent a penny on the franchise in 16 years but Game Freak still panders to me
>>
File: Electrokek.png (67KB, 449x1197px) Image search: [Google]
Electrokek.png
67KB, 449x1197px
>>33525204
>>
bump since it is genuinely funny
>>
File: 1500306700688.png (345KB, 918x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500306700688.png
345KB, 918x720px
It hurts
>>
File: 1436074776121.jpg (20KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1436074776121.jpg
20KB, 258x245px
>be genwunner
>don't give a fuck about the franchise
>GF still puts a retarded snorlax on the bridge and rehashes viridian forest again
>>
>>33525204
kek
>>
Y'know I never thought of it before, but this is actually pretty amusing.
>>
>>33525397
>>33525204
we always win
no wonder nu-genners are always so mad
not even baiting, but it explains a lot.
>>
>>33525582
How can nu-genners even recover?
They should just go back to their retarded version of digimon lmfao.
>>
File: 1500357637783.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500357637783.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>33525204
>he hasn't spent money on the newer games, meaning that he's not catching them all
enjoy your ban faggot
>>
>>33525760
There are only 151 Pokemon though
>>
File: Professor_Sycamore_anime.png (869KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Professor_Sycamore_anime.png
869KB, 1280x720px
>>33525204
It's honestly frustrating the level of gen 1 pandering found in the games for no real return.

RGB: 31.4m
GS: 23.1m
RS: 16.2m
DP: 17.6m
BW: 15.6m
XY: 16.1m
SM: 15.7m

Since gen 3, the series has kept a steady install base of 15-16m consumers. The genwun pandering really didn't do much to change that. All it does is create an imbalanced representation of pokemon as a whole. And I speak as someone who's first pokemon game was Yellow.

What Gamefreak need to do to bring sales back to those gen 1 days is actually innovate the series in fresh and exciting ways, and not pander to an audience who long since stopped caring about pokemon. And that may be a monumental task to accomplish, especially when the Switch's current install base is far smaller than any handles from the past. But all huge success are usually a result of taking big gambles and being daring. Simply pandering will yield stagnant results.
>>
>>33525204
I know right? I never bought anything past pokémon Blue, and they are still pandering to me even though I passed to digimon.
Make you joggle your gears.
>>
File: Sycamore_no_lab_coat.png (813KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sycamore_no_lab_coat.png
813KB, 1280x720px
Also, to add to my point >>33525825 nostalgia is a delicate thing to take advantage of. It can prove fruitful for you to entice older audiences, but it must be used in moderation, otherwise the effect of nostalgia wears off considerably. It comes off more intrusive than it does nostalgic. A similar problem is found with the Sonic franchise with the over reliance of the Classic series between Mania and Classic's appearance in recent games.
>>
can't be mad at the truth
not sure I really understand it though, it's not like genwunners are going to buy the new games
>>
Why do people hate gen 1 pandering? That's like if new Mario games didn't have goombas or koopas.
>>
>>33525825
>What Gamefreak need to do to bring sales back to those gen 1 days is actually innovate the series in fresh and exciting ways
You can't truly innovate without completely starting from scratch and at that point it wouldn't be Pokemon anymore. The fact that Pokemon manages to achieve the same number of sales despite appearing on hardware that sells a lot less than its predecessors is impressive and shows that the gen 1 pandering clearly works. No modern video game will be able to recapture Pokemania like it was in the 90s, the performance of the modern games is the closest it's ever going to get.
>>
>>33525943
having pikachu in every game isn't the same as gen 1 pandering
speaking of mario, it has SMB3 pandering everywhere
>>
>>33525943
A number of people get upset that normies enjoyed the older games so they perform mental gymnastics to distance themselves from anything relating to gen 1.
>>
>>33525825
I find it funny that DP only got that much more copies sold than RS despite being on an install base nearly twice that of the Gba.
>>
Old is Gold
>>
How can /vp/ ever recover from this?
>>
>>33526959
>/vp/ used Recover!
>>
>>33526961
>/vp/ has no moves left
>/vp/ used Struggle
>>
>>33526981
I want you to understand something.

This board sucks massive cock at battling. I know for a fact that there are numerous posters who have gotten fucked by pokemon using Struggle against them in battles and have lost to Pokemon using Struggle against them.
>>
>>33525968
This, pretty much every mario game since NSMB wanks off to Mario Bros 3 stuff at every turn
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.