[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let me get this straight. The game's coming out in two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1484698145301.jpg (48KB, 458x336px) Image search: [Google]
1484698145301.jpg
48KB, 458x336px
So let me get this straight.
The game's coming out in two months, and all they've revealed so far since June is THIS?
>Necrozma Fusions, a no-brainer
>Necrozma being plot-relevant, a no-brainer
>Dusk Lycanroc which is exclusive to a Limited Event
>Movie20 Cap Pikachu which is also exclusive to a Limited Event
>Kommo-o's new Z-Move
>the Photo Studio
>that Pikachu Area
>new camera angles and mild arrangements to the overall aesthetics of Alola
Have we really hit a point where they're so confident in humanity's idiocy that they just have to jiggle the Pokemon Logo in front of us and we'll immediately buy it, no questions asked?
>>
File: 1503765419819.jpg (74KB, 604x595px) Image search: [Google]
1503765419819.jpg
74KB, 604x595px
>Im still going to buy it!
>>
>>33524815
>>
>>33524815
ryuki/kahili/changes in fire trial/kartana forest/kanto gym-lookalike building as well
>>
>>33524815
Still more than we got in Yellow desu

Then again the standards for third version have went up considerably since 1999
>>
>>33524815
I've bought every past Pokemon game without knowing much about it desu

I knew a lot about SM before release but that's only because the info was posted all over the place, I'd prefer to know nothing before going in
>>
>>33524861
Yellow wasn't the third version, Blue was.
However, for the international release they took most of the updates from Blue and put them in Red so it wasn't quite as buggy as the Japanese version.
Yellow was, just like the name says, just a special version.
>>
File: 1496164383064.png (349KB, 338x654px) Image search: [Google]
1496164383064.png
349KB, 338x654px
>>33524825
Oh shit, wrong image, sorry guys.
>>
The advertising for this game really shows how out of touch GF is with its fans. Of the little info revealed, we see a photo club gimmick and a Z move, among some resins.

These things are what GF specifically chose to hype the game with up to this point. This is what they think fans want. Forget gameplay and exploration.

This franchise is doomed. And like masuda said, don't get your hopes up too high for pokemon switch! Haha
>>
>>33525412
Does anybody even like z moves? As controversial as it was, a lot of people liked megas.
>>
File: clown.jpg (24KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
clown.jpg
24KB, 288x288px
>>33524815
>Have we really hit a point where they're so confident in humanity's idiocy that they just have to jiggle the Pokemon Logo in front of us and we'll immediately buy it, no questions asked?
I mean, if you're an absolute retard that thinks you have to buy it day 1 or never.
People who have some resemblance of intelligence will patiently wait for someone else to buy the game and play it, and then ask him what is THE REAL scope of the game, and then decide if the game is truly worth their money and time or not.
So until then, go play something else and stop bitching so much, we got 20 other threads about the same shit, for fuck sake.
>>
>>33525537
I definitely prefer megas over Z-moves but I really would prefer it if they got rid of both.
>>
>>33525559

Fuck yes Fighter's Destiny was the shit
>>
File: 1e5[1].gif (2MB, 365x268px) Image search: [Google]
1e5[1].gif
2MB, 365x268px
>>33525537
This should answer your question.

https://youtu.be/bjzxXUPt4DY?t=115

https://youtu.be/EI73dWTLU9U?t=36

Megas whether you liked them or not brought hype to the games z-moves do not.
>>
>>33525559
calm down
>>
File: 1462769957647.png (74KB, 223x225px) Image search: [Google]
1462769957647.png
74KB, 223x225px
>>33525537
I was hype for the possibility of a bromon getting a Mega throughout all of Gen 6 even though I hated the games.
I can't give a single fuck about whether my bros would get an exclusive Z-Move or not. It's not going to make them viable. Z-Moves as a whole are terrible for balance because they're universal. Who cares if a shitmon Farfetch'd gets access to a 180BP move if Landorus-T can use the exact same move under the exact same conditions?
Megas were poorly implemented and too many 'mons that were already good got priority over the weaker ones like Mawile and Beedrill, but it was a nice concept for bringing weaker 'mons up to the curve. A better execution could've made Megas great. The very concept of Z-Moves is flawed at its core and can't work.
>>
>>33525537
I don't think I've heard anyone have a strong opinion on Z moves. They're just so......boring. They're unremarkable. With Megas, someone's favorite got a new design, potentially new type, new ability and stat boosts that made battling more unpredictable and different.

Z moves are essentially just "watch this 10 second cut scene for a one hit KO!"
>>
>>33525696
>10 second

It's closer to 30
>>
>>33525537
z-attack moves are boring but help some people like Ninjask for ex. who never had that great coverage

z-status moves are really fun to pull off and creates lots of possibilities
>>
>>33525851
*pokemon
not people
>>
>>33524984
>just a special version
Red wouldn't have a pikachu as a NPC if it wasn't for yellow. It's been canonised
>>
>>33525903
That's not what I'm saying, m8.
I just mean that special edition is literally in the title.
>>
>>33524815
Like every single Third version.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.