[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss when there were no Fairy type Pokemon. I miss when there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 1504648775223.gif (224KB, 264x200px) Image search: [Google]
1504648775223.gif
224KB, 264x200px
I miss when there were no Fairy type Pokemon.
I miss when there were no Z-Moves.
I miss when there were no Mega Evolutions.
I miss when the Pokemon world was in the real world.
I miss when real world animals existed in Pokemon.
I miss when Pokemon hadn't become a watered-down copycat of itself.
>inb4 nostalgia
>>
I miss when Legendary Pokemon were important.
I miss when there was only one of each Legendary Pokemon.
>>
>>33519792
>I miss when Legendary Pokemon were important.
>I miss when there was only one of each Legendary Pokemon.
So never?
>>
>>33519792
That was never the case.
>>
>>33519842
>>33519867
[citation needed]
>>
>>33519875
You first faggot
>>
>>33519761
This. For once, OP is not a faggot.

>captcha: work stop

Seems accurate.
>>
>>33519761
I miss when people didnt complain
>>
>>33519906
/thread
>>
>>33519792
Legendaries weren't important especially in Gens 1 and 2. You could've gone through the entire game without seeing or hearing from a single legendary. Same deal applies in Gen 2. Of the 9 legendaries in that game, you would have to go out of your way to get 6 of them and the other 3 you could run into on complete accident. And most of the time you'd have to actively chase them down to get them. Legendaries didn't start getting important until Gen 3 where the game's plot started revolving around them.
>>
>>33519916
>Legendaries weren't important especially in Gens 1 and 2. You could've gone through the entire game without seeing or hearing from a single legendary. Same deal applies in Gen 2.
Thats what MADE them good Legendaries. Making them like Legends, and not forcing them down your throat like shiny gifts
>>
>>33519761
nice blog, faggot.

go cry more to the tumblcucks or redditards.
>>
>>33519941
This.

>>33520007
Being an ass on an anonymous forum doesn't make you badass--it makes you a coward
>>
>>33519761
I agree, OP. Everyone who doesn't is a literal faggot.

Pokemon's reach has exceeded it's grasp.

The premise of kids catching and collecting tameavoe monsters was appealing enough. We didn't need all this retarded shit.
>>
>>33519761
>I miss when real world animals existed in Pokemon.
No, fuck off with this anime-only bullshit.
>I miss when the Pokemon world was in the real world.
This literally never was the case.
>>
>>33520517
>anime-only bullshit.
but they were also in the pokedex entries and in the tcg
why are you so angry about this?
>>
>>33520517
The games still reference real world animals my dude
>Pikachu: Mouse Pokemon
>>
>>33519761
Z-moves were a mistake

The rest I don't really have a problem with
>>
I miss when there was no steel type.
I miss when there were no held items.
I miss when there were no baby pokemon.
I miss when there were no genders.
I miss when there were no dragon moves.
I miss when there was no color.
>>
>>33519761
I miss when they actually made IMPORTANT legendaries relevant to the history of Pokemon. It's like after they made the literal God pokemon they were like "uuhh, fuckin, yin yang dragons? Peace and destruction? Reaching into other dimensions? I dont fucking know."
>>
I miss when people complained about Pokemon games being the same every time instead of not
>>
>>33520613
because they realized they fucked up so hard with the creashit trio that they needed to desperately backpedal
creation trio was a mistake
gen 4 was a mistake
sinnohfetuses get out and stay out
>>
File: IMG_1097.jpg (359KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1097.jpg
359KB, 893x1200px
I miss when there was no such thing as a genwunner.
>>
>>33520635
Gen 4 wasn't a mistake.
Pokemon should've ended at Gen 4, or at least, the powercreep of legendary lore should have ended there.
>>
>>33520672
It did end there. You literally cannot get stronger than Dialga/Palkia/Arceus. Every gen after is Gamefreak trying to moderate their lore because even they knew the creation legends were a bit much.
>>
>>33520635
Gen 4 was interesting BECAUSE of the creation theme it had. They just haven't attempted to build on it further. Sure we got an arceus movie, but there wasn't much to take away besides heatran being there.

We need a true 'beginning of the pokemon world' movie/game.
>>
>>33520746
We really don't. If you want something that panders to the games that defined your childhood that much go play some other JRPG. I'd rather stick to something simple rather than something that annihilates my suspension of disbelief. The fact that they managed to top gen 3 in this regard only makes it worse.
>>
>>33520551
Oh look! Pikachu and few of the other POKEMON SPECIES is similar! Maybe we could create a word for this, maybe MOUSE. Like we called water types with fins FISH.
It's just a classification, not well made but not totaly irratonal.
>>
File: $RJE8OFW.jpg (111KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
$RJE8OFW.jpg
111KB, 600x560px
>>33519761
>PokéBarneyfag who only ever plays pokemon
Can't make this shit up folks
>>
>>33520591
Same.
>>
>>33519792
Anon you might be retarded. I miss when legendary Pokémon were actually that: species of legend. As in, they were entire species not just one of each in the universe. And they were the sort of thing that maybe this local old man or that crazy hermit woman would have claimed to see. Rare, but present enough to engender legend and folk tale. I miss when legendaries were the subject of anime episodes like when Ash helped Articuno out on that snowy mountain that one time in Johto (I think it was?). I miss when they were properly nestled into the lore in this way, and used sparingly--instead of each game having sixteen legendaries all made up for the express purpose of selling another movie title. You know, when they were "legendary."

when there are a hundred legendaries in the game, they're not really that uncommon are they? I miss when they were folded into the story, bottom up. I hate that the stories are pulled out of them top down now.
>>
>>33519761
I miss childhood too when I could play literal garbage like GSC for hundreds of hours pointlessly leveling up my pokemon
kill yourself right now
>>
>>33522342
is this the correct term for these retards like op that only ever play pokemon for thousands of hours pointlessly and autistically?
pokebarneyfag?
thanks
>>
MODs please move this thread to /v/ thank you
>>
>>33520449
>Missing animals in the Pokemon world
Why? All this does is muddy things up
>>
>>33519761
It's okay, Sinnohfetus. Soon you'll be old enough to get over the "not muh Porkyman" phase.
>>
File: mudkip.png (76KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
mudkip.png
76KB, 431x431px
see this image?
THIS IS WHAT POKEMON IS ABOUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DON'T INSULT ME OR MY NOSTALGIA EVER AGAIN YOU HEAR?
>>
>>33519875
Lugia.
>>
this thread is the clear example of why we need corocoro leaks or any new info from usum
>>
>>33519761
I too miss when all you could use was Tackle and Leer
>>
>>33522362
But GSC is the best, nothing released after it can compare(Maybe HGSS can but never really played those).
>>
>>33519941
This.
That's what made them feels special.
They were hard to find, they were not constantly referred to.
A legend is something no one knows if it is real.
If fucking everyone knows that this pokémon exists, it stops being a legend, it is a fact.
>>
>>33520655
Some of these points are kinda pretemptious tho

>If you're frozen you'd neve thaw unless somebody used a fire move on you or haze
It doesn't sound that bad if you think about it. "Oh no, a magical monster that can shoot ice out of his mouth has just covered my pokemon in some magical ice that can never thaw!"

>you had to save every time you wanted to switch boxes
complaining about the hardware limitations of the early 90s is dumb af

>if you use substitute when you have 25% of your HP you would die
what's the fucking point? If substitute needs 25% of your HP, why would you even attempt at using it when you are at 25% of your HP?

>as soon as Rage connects, the pokemon will stop obeying you
isn't your pokemon stop listening you and attacking out of pure hatred/rage the whole point of Rage?

>Blizzard has 90% of accuracy
>waaaaaah a strong move is also accurate waaaaah
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.