[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of these four is the best replacement for your starter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Johto in-game.png (3KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
Johto in-game.png
3KB, 120x120px
Which one of these four is the best replacement for your starter in Gen 2?

>Abra: Can be caught on Route 34 or bought in Goldenrod, learns all three elemental punches by TM, great speed and special attack
>Machop: Can be obtained in a trade for an easily obtainable Psychic-type in Goldenrod, great attack, boosted experience
>Geodude: Can be obtained as soon as you get Poké Balls, wonderful match-ups in the early game
>Gastly: Can be found in Sprout Tower before the first gym, is a Ghost-type, has several useful moves
>>
why would you want to replace your starter? all of them are pretty good if you use them correctly. anyway, are you capable of evolving these guys fully? if yes, alakazam, if no, machoke
>>
>>33519446
why not Marill?
>>
>Not using all 4 of them at the same time
>>
>>33519499
I just noticed all of them evolve by trading
>>
Brains vs Brawn
Solids vs Gases

The duality of these are great.
>>
>>33519446
is this loss?
>>
>>33519446
geodude > abra > gastly > machop in game
>>
geodude is really good in johto and can solo the first three gyms
>>
but they all fully evolve through trading
>>
>>33519446
Easily Abra. Geodude before that because it rapes the early game.
Being able to abuse the elemental punches while also being faster than damn near everything in the game is 2gud.
>>
>>33519446
>using any of those

I'd rather not have to drop everything to trade or get stuck with some ugly midform or haunter
>>
>>33519446
None of them because I didn't have any friends to evolve them. If I did though, abra
>>
>>33519558
I can't see Loss in this
>>
File: dunsparce.png (70KB, 463x451px) Image search: [Google]
dunsparce.png
70KB, 463x451px
I use pic related
>>
I don't like evolve via trade Mons for in game. It fucks up my flow. Why do I have to wait days to go to my friends house before going too far into the game it's moot. But ya, I wish Kadabra or Graveller would just evolve normally
>>
>>33519446
The one that doesnt evolve through trade
Oh wait
>>
>>33522421
It sucks that GF went full retard with that retarded gimmick because I really like lines in OP pic
That being said, Haunter and Machoke are a better design than Gangar and Machamp anyway
Golem and Alakazam are the shit tho
>>
>>33519446
I like the idea of Machop - decent all-round
Then Geodude.
Then Gastly - kinda hardcore for a starter
finally (but not) Abra - With only teleport as a move you are relying on TMs, not a great idea.
>>
>>33519547
>Solids vs Gases
Ah yes, the classic metaphor; solids vs gases
>>
>>33522677
Keep in mind that you can buy TM33, TM41 and TM48 immediately after catching or buying Abra.
>>
>>33522940
realised that around 10 minutes after I posted.
Even though OP said Gen II, I was stuck in Gen I mode.
>>
Really good thread, OP. Actually talking about Pokémon games and not the same thread we've had every day for the past five years. Good job.
>>
>>33519502
>mt. mortar
>>
>>33519446
Or -get this- you could glitch the game and get a team of 6 starters.
>>
File: starterreplace.png (9KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
starterreplace.png
9KB, 270x270px
>>33519558
>>
>>33519446
I really like all these Pokemon but because they're trade evolutions I never had the chance to use their final stages in games that weren't romhacks.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.