[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could this have been an evolution line at some point during Gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Carvanha Sharpedo Garchomp.png (316KB, 1100x600px) Image search: [Google]
Carvanha Sharpedo Garchomp.png
316KB, 1100x600px
Could this have been an evolution line at some point during Gen 3's development?
>>
Nope
>>
no.
>>
I just noticed the star damn op that's good
>>
Why the fuck does it have teeth on its arms and legs?
Fucking gen4 garbage designs at everything
>>
>>33518605
>dude just add spikes lmao
>>
>>33518572
probably, in the process of making a third stage line the creator realized that the third stage worked better as a separate mon with its own theme and a completely different anatomy. thats how it works, sometimes I create fakemon lines and realize that I got enough differences and ideas between a stage and another that they can work as unrelate thing.
it probably went this way in gen 1 for many lines, seeing as there are many similar designs and many lines with the same type (dinosaur body type, normal/flying, ice/water, poison/grass)
>>
>>33518605
I have a theory that they're supposed to look like teeth. The yellow patch could be meant to look like a tongue. Many animals have fake mouths to scare aggressors.
but yeah, almost all of the gen 4 dex is shit, worst lineup of new mons we've ever had
>>
>>33518572
now Sharpedo looks like the odd one out, it needs a red belly.
>>
>>33518572
Mabye for gen 4 but it was reworkes into its own line becasue sharpedo is strong enough on its own
>>
>>33518984
I like that theory, except it's Garchomp, an apex predator. What the fuck would it need to scare off?
>>
>>33518572
>water dark
>water dark
>dragon groundon
This makes no sense
>>
>>33519396
Maybe other garchomp or other desert apex predators like krookodile? Maybe it's a remnant from its gabite days? I didn't think this through enough.
>>
>>33519406
obviously the implication is that Garchomp would've been water/dark as well, which makes more sense than dragon/ground.

I mean, the Dragon I can see, but Ground has always just been an arbitrary addition to make sure it has 4x weakness to Ice.
>>
>>33519428
>Ground...arbitrary
Land shark, yo.
>>
>>33519551
so yeah, an allocation of type to design that doesn't make any sense or have any base in reality but will turn out cool. sounds arbitrary to me.

I never said it was bad, you fag.
>>
>>33519607
So, by that logic, the majority of Pokemon typing, concept, and execution is competely arbitrary.

...Actually, I can't argue with that.
>>
>>33519396
ice types, stupid
>>
File: RSE cry list.png (96KB, 249x1354px) Image search: [Google]
RSE cry list.png
96KB, 249x1354px
>>33518572
The closest you'll get to finding out when Gen III Pokemon were added or changed is seeing their ordering by cries.
It matches up pretty well with early RS advertising/footage too, the mons shown off early like Kecleon and Latias were some of the first added. Here's the full list:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Ruby_and_Sapphire_beta#Cries
>>
bh
>>
>>33518572
Maybe Sharpedo > Gabite > Garchomp
>>
>>33519314
Stats are given after design
>>
>>33520032
There was underleveled Sharpedo in the RS demo some people played.
>>
>>33518572
Garchomp is a landshark. It evolved (I mean, dawin's evolution) from Sharpedo or his ancestor.
>>
____Yes
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.