[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should natures be retooled? I personally hate the idea that pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 9548945.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
9548945.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
Should natures be retooled? I personally hate the idea that pokemon can be gimped in their most important stat.

I think they should be changed so that the negatively affected stat can still be the same of that of a neutral mon, but they gain EVs at a slower rate.
>>
So buffing mixed sweepers?
>>
Bad IVs in that stat gimp right about the same as a bad nature. IVs are actually worse around base 100 or lower and most pokemon don't get to the stats where a bad nature is significantly worse
>>
>>33518294
>I personally hate the idea that pokemon can be gimped in their most important stat.
Then find the right nature or hope for a neutral one? This is only a concern for ingame anyway. Competitively, it's the player's own fault for using the wrong nature.

>>33518303
^ I think natures are fine the way they are. I like the idea that if your using a mixed attacker and would want a beneficial nature, you either need to sacrifice speed or defenses. Adds a feeling of balance if your attempting to dent both defensive spectrums.
>>
instead of buffing natures buff pokerus and essentially make a 'strain' that corresponds to each nature

when pokemon catch it ev gain is triples for one stat and reversed (ie; defeating a poke that gives 2 evs for attack instead lowers attack evs by 2) for another

like normal it is somewhat rare (but no longer rarer-than-shiny rare) and temporary
>>
>>33518294
The hardy, quirky, bashful, docile and serious natures should all raise HP by 10% and decrease another stat by 10%. There should be a single nature called "neutral" or something that didn't affect stats.
>>
>>33518294
No, but a rare nature capsule as a prize on a battle facility, that would be nice
>>
Pokémon Therapist
Npc that can change the nature of a Pokémon, at random.
Leave a "friend" Pokémon with the target mon, and the target Pokémon gets that friend's nature.

Black market Therapist can change the nature to whatever the player chooses, but the Pokémon's happiness is reset.
>>
>>33519048
>black market therapist
how the fuck does that work
>>
>>33519057
Forcing a personality change through morally questionable methods unseen to the player.

Regular therapist just talks and plays with the Pokémon and explores its natural desires and curiosities.
>>
>>33518339
Yeah, but SM introduced a workaround for it.
>>
>>33519057
Practicing without a license.
>>
>>33519077
>plays with the Pokémon and explores its natural desires and curiosities.
h-hot
>>
File: jFJRL1c.jpg (49KB, 959x482px) Image search: [Google]
jFJRL1c.jpg
49KB, 959x482px
>>33518294
>>33518833
>>33519048
For fuck's sake, just add an NPC that can change a Pokemon's "battle nature."
>>
>>33518303
mix sweepers take a hit in stats that don't matter that much, but it is something
>>
>>33519048
Just call the the stat variances "strategies" or something like that, and have an NPC that teaches your Pokemon how to fight differently, thereby changing stats. Nature is left unchanged and just decides what its default "strategy" is.
>>
>>33521076
I like this idea.
>>
>>33518294
I think there should be in-game feature to change natures via brain-washing like activity.
>>
>>33521076
I'd be fine with this
>>
>>33519077
Lewd, anon !
>>
File: 1470362278503.png (367KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470362278503.png
367KB, 1280x720px
>feature to change natures
>feature to erase ev's with PROPER in game tutorials on how they work
>feature to increase a pokemon's ivs permanently that aren't the bottle caps
There, no more autistic elitism about a children's game, and you've also encouraged competitive play for all players (No more autistic time wall) while appeasing casual players and Karenfags because they can use whatever pokemon they want. Also, most of your cheaters/hackers now have no incentive to cheat and iv's can still remain adjustable for hidden power/trick room autists.

>b-b-b-but IV's m-m-m-m-make pokemon u-u-u-unique!!!!
Not an argument. Pokemon have variety in their names, gender, moves, ev's, and nature, so IV's do little to nothing to make a pokemon "unique". This is even more provable with the fact that in competitive play, 99.9% of the time everyone is playing with max IV's.

>but that makes breeding useless!
Egg moves and literal duplication, stupid fucking spergs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.