[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm quite new here. I never really played pokemon and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

So I'm quite new here. I never really played pokemon and a week ago I started with a marathon: Play all the mainline games and I have some questions for you faggots. Do I play them on emulator or original hardware? Should I skip any of them? Which ones are a must play? Should I throw in some spin-offs? (I liked the first mystery dungeon).
Of course I will play only one of each generation, and I just beat pokemon yellow.
>>
>>33516606
>Should I skip any of them?

are you going to play all the mainline games or what, what are you even asking ?

I think you need to play all the games you think play and find for yourself what are the best for you.

for me the best games are:
White
Leaf Green
Emerald

the worst:
Sinnoh
Kalos

pls don't play pokemon mystery dungeon, play pokemon pinball instead
>>
>>33516606
DON'T CALL ME A FAGGOT!
>>
>only one of each generation
there are remakes, most remakes are better than the original, except ORAS (comparatively) so I'd say
skip gen 1 + 2 except for nostalgia reasons
Fire Red is kind of boring but better than Gen 1
Emerald was great
Platinum was ok, not a must but good
Heart Gold / Soul Silver is leagues better than the original
Black or White was good, the sequel was objectively harder with a hard mode
X&Y was good, not a must
skip Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Sun/Moon was a nice change but the pokemon mostly suck

as for spin offs, try Conquest and the Mystery Dungeons
>>
emulation is way too go. i wouldnt say skip any game first set but if i was you i would just play the 3rd versions and remakes of each games. most complete versions. so just play crystal, emerald, platinum, Black and white 2 and ultra sun and moon. remakes Fire red leaf green, heart gold and soul silver and omega ruby and alapha sapphire
>>
>>33516606
I would say play Crystal next, then Emerald, Platinum, Black or White and it's sequel, X or Y, and then Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon when it comes out. Whether you want spinoffs is up to you.
>>
>>33516606
Emulator so you can speed through shit that takes too long.
>Heart Gold or Soul Silver
>Emerald
>Platinum
>Black or White
>Black 2 or White 2
>X or Y
Black and White have their story continue in Black 2 and White 2, but you can skip straight to the sequels without any real issue. However, Black and White are noteworthy for only letting you use pokemon native to the region. So nothing from gen I to IV. The sequels drop this though. As for Sun and Moon, wait until Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon release to see if one should be played or both. Have fun.
>>
>>33516606
they're all essentially the same game so i think you're good with just yellow for now, and look forward to US/UM in a couple months
>>
Playing on original hardware sure is comfier than an emulator. But do as you want.
I would skip Gold / Silver / Crystal if you want to play the remakes. And play Emerald and skip ORAS.

Spin-offs :

- Pokémon Colosseum / XD on Game Cube.
- The mystery dungeons are great. I played Red rescue Team that was nice and Explorers of Sky which is awesome.
- Maybe the Pokémon Rangers. They are fine. But I only played the first one so I don't really know.
- Pokémon Conquest if you like tactical rpg
>>
>>33516678
this guy gets it, except the emulation bit, gathering the hardware is annoying and I don't think he cares enough to have that experience.
>>
Sonic Mania >>>> any of the games mentioned ITT
>>
>>33516606
Play these:
FireRed or Leaf Green
HeartGold or SoulSilver
Emerald
Platinum
Black or White, then the sequel
skip gen 6 entirely
get Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon when they launch.
>>
>>33516642
This. Third versions/sequels and remakes are always the best games in their generation. I'd also recommend emulation since it can get quite expensive and annoying to buy all the hardware.
>>
>>33516632
Fuck you faget

>>33516627
>>33516638
>>33516642
>>33516643
>>33516644
>>33516678
>>33516682
>>33516741
>>33516754
Ok so thanks everybody:
So the plan now is (since I also want to play in the order they came out) emerald, platinum, hg or ss, nigger and and whitey with sequels, x or y (why somebody told me to skip them?) And to sun and moon.
For the spin-offs I'm probably goong to play a couple if I get a little bit bored. Thanks everybody.
>>
>>33517194
because ORAS left out a good chunk of the original content from ruby/sapphire and didn't even bothered to look at the new content introduced in Emerald, but you should play them, at least one, as far as spin-offs go, just play colosseum & gale of darkness
>>
>>33517209
No I meant that>>33516741
told me to skip x and y and I wanted to know the reason.
>>
>>33517194
Kalos is the weakest of all 7 regions by far due to the bad pacing (lot of "friend group" pauses, Lillie gets shit on for similar in S/M but at least then it was often just forced exploration of towns and not stopping you mid-route for bullshit), abysmal group of side characters, piss-poor difficulty, oversaturated regional dex, and having the weakest story.
>>
>>33517234
/vp/ doesn't like them. That's the only reason.
>>
>>33517194
>nigger and and whitey with sequels
Don't play both, just pick one. Black and Black 2 or White and White 2. The only real difference is the available Pokemon. White is better though.
>>
>>33517311
Is there some reason to not play Black and then White 2, or the reverse? Why play the sequel of the exact same version you played?
>>
>>33517322
This won't really matter if you are emulating but it's due to the different pokemon available for catching, and some minor changes in location. If you play white, you get Zekrom as the legendary. White 2 gives you Reshiram. Playing Black 2 would give you another Zekrom instead.
>>
>>33517440
Ah, okay. I wasn't aware they flipped the legendaries even though they're right on the box.
>>
>>33516678
>playing on original hardware is comfier than an emulator
I'd normally agree, but handhelds tend to have shit ergonomics.
If you have one of those rotating monitors, playing DS games on a huge vertical screen with a gamepad is so fuckin comfy
>>
emulator is just easier but y doesnt run on one
play frlg, hgss, emerald, platinum, black 2 (although the story is a continuation of 1), and y
oras and sm arent worth it. play usum when it comes out if you want gen 7.
pmd explorers of sky, ranger 3, and gale of darkness are the only worthwhile spinoffs
>>
>>33516606
I'm not even gonna read the rest of the thread cause this is the only acceptable answer: play through every main game.
>yellow
>crystal
>emerald
>fire red or leaf green
>platinum
>heart gold or soul silver
>black or white
>black or white two
>x or y
>omega ruby or alpha sapphire
>sun or moon

You can play either on emulator or hardware, it's up to you, no real difference.

Mystery Dungeon is awesome, Colosseum and XD were kinda cool, Ranger was good but I wouldn't play it again, and I never played Conquer so I don't know.
>>
Optimal minimum:

FRLG (somewhat boring but should be fine for the first game, I suppose. Just don't get Zubat or Golbat on your in-game team; they made it unable to evolve in this one, but it will continuously try, so it will be really annoying. Feel free to grab Zubat in any other game, though, because its evos are cool.)
HGSS
Emerald
Platinum (be prepared to slog through this one)
White
White 2 (remember to memory link with these two, it adds some significant content.)
XY (Y is arguably superior)
SM
USM (prospective)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.