[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, cards on the table. Usum was announced 3 moths ago and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: usum.jpg (568KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
usum.jpg
568KB, 2000x1200px
Alright, cards on the table. Usum was announced 3 moths ago and we still know next to nothing.

The way I see it there are 2 possible explanations, both of which suck ass.

GF isn't advertising or promoting anything in USUM because there is not enough content in game to promote. USUM will be bare bones crap.

Or there is lots of new content in USUM and GF's marketing department are terrible at their jobs.

This is the first time I've ever considered now buying a main series pokemon game.
>>
>>33512327
>both of which suck ass
>lots of new content in USUM
how on earth does that suck ass? that's fantastic
>>
>>33512344
>they don't market it
>it will sell comparably bad
>they will not bother in the future because their effort did not get rewarded
>...because they did not market it
>>
>>33512327
third option
>They're pushing the developers into finishing the game fucking real fast and the developers are having problems with the game, so they can't show much because they're changing stuff all the time
>>
>>33512360
Implying they wont know the real reason.
>>
File: 1496565634315.png (28KB, 300x310px)
1496565634315.png
28KB, 300x310px
The best case scenario in my mind is that usum is shit because theyre putting so much effort into the switch game. If the switch game is good enough I wont mid if ultra sun and moon dissapoint
>>
>>33512383
>implying it won't be a welcome excuse like 'Children today have the attentionspan of a cucumber and are too stupid to think thoughts.'
>>
>>33512371
(you)
>>
>>33512394
You mean like how the models made up for XY being rushed, or ORAS being made in a year, or SM's pokemon and story made up for the absurd tutorial length at the beginning of the game?
>>
Fucking idiots on this stupid fucking board have been proven over and over again that this all par for the course with these types of Pokemon games. I don't wanna yell NEWFAGS GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEE, but goddamn.
>>
File: 1388615896212.jpg (65KB, 396x382px)
1388615896212.jpg
65KB, 396x382px
>>33512327
We already had several threads where people talked about previous pre-release reveals of third versions/sequels. And we all came to the conclusion that not showing anything substantial until the last 2-3 months is how they've always been done.

Which means you have no reason to assume so much before we see what this month's Corocoro will have.
>>
>>33512360
>hrr gf didn't market well
you're implying all the massively positive reviews wouldn't convince people to buy them
>>
>>33512575
Fucking seriously. BW2 had almost only a month and a half of revealing new information before it was released.
>>
>>33512451
what's the problem?
>>
>>33512575
>>33512601
and this is why 3rd versions don't sell as much too, granted the past ones were a single game, therefore less sales compared to a pair so they tried BW2 but that sold only above half as well and i and alot of people think it was the GOAT, what if USM turns out to be amazing as well but sell less because of GF's marketing or worse it turns out horrible because of BW2's sales.
>>
>>33512841
You mean less than the other games of it's kind, or worse than the first version games of each gen? Each "third version" games sells significantly worse than the games it's based on.
>>
>>33512394
On this point,
It baffles me that Game freak tried to push the 3ds (thats admirable) but, there is a threshold and im afraid that pokemon has hit that ceiling.
>>
>>33512841
Thats why im in favor of Anniversary remakes. And remakes in general.

Though sun and moon was dissapointing its not particularly bad, in fact, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>33512841
Then they should put effort and content into the first set of games

It's not consumers fault for not buying both first set and 3rd version a company to hold back complete versions and sell for full price
>>
>>33513402
what would you have them do? end gen 7 after a year? release a 3rd version on a separate console when this has never been the case before?

but i do think if it wasn't for the 20th anniversary they could have just made a 3rd version for gen 6 in 2016, waited out the switch for a gen 7 game.
>>
>>33513598
That's exactly his point, the only reason they're still doing stuff on the 3ds, despite it not being suitable enough for modern standards, is because that's what they've always done and they'd rather keep to tradition than innovate.
>>
>>33512327

We were already told it's an altered story with a necrozma plot

Anymore would be spoiling, especially if the trials themselves are brand new compared to last time, assuming we still get trials
>>
Maybe they learned not to go overboard with promoting thanks to S/M

I'm hoping that they're focusing on subtle changes that make gameplay worth it like BST increases which they can't really advertise
>>
File: usum.png (154KB, 401x240px) Image search: [Google]
usum.png
154KB, 401x240px
>>33513624
Yeah but I'm not paying $60 for this
>>
File: usum for real.png (159KB, 401x240px)
usum for real.png
159KB, 401x240px
>>33513669
Oh I'm sorry. Even GF wouldn't be that lazy, right?
Here we go. Muuuuuch better
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.