[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>teachy TV >TM Case and Berry Pouch instead of dedicated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: frlg.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
frlg.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>teachy TV
>TM Case and Berry Pouch instead of dedicated bag compartments
>having to beat Brock before you get the running shoes
>no cross-gen evolutions before you get the national dex (causing Golbat to start evolving but inexplicably stopping straight away)
>those pointless "previously on your quest" things that played whenever you restarted the game
>locking post-game behind a Pokemon count of 60
>adding a completely separate daycare on the Sevii Islands for breeding instead of just changing the original
>completely leaving out a day/night cycle so the only way to get Espeon/Umbreon was to trade the Eevee from FRLG to RSE, raise it there and trade it back (or you could buy the Gamecube games)
>those close-ups of a Pokemon whenever you use an item on them

FRLG had a lot of stupid ideas.
>>
It was their first game, cut them some slack
>>
>>33511403
Teachy TV was a great idea. Better than the forced shit we get now.
>>
i agree with most, but i liked the "previously on your quest" slides and the post-game being locked behind pokemon completion was an excellent idea and they should have expanded it more to different games
>>
>>33511403
Besides the TM Case/Berry Pouch and locking cross-gen evolutions, none of those ideas are stupid.
>>
>>33511403
>>those pointless "previously on your quest" things that played whenever you restarted the game
Hey I liked this one
>>
>>33511403

Teachy TV was a great idea
>>
Sorry to be that guy, but

>teachy TV
This was good for helping people who were new to Pokemon. New games force tutorials on you
Agree, very dumb
Agree again, really fucking dumb
>no cross-gen evolutions before you get the national dex (causing Golbat to start evolving but inexplicably stopping straight away)
Definitely the worst thing about FRLG
>those pointless "previously on your quest" things that played whenever you restarted the game
This could help people who haven't played in a while. Should've been optional.
Dumb idea
>adding a completely separate daycare on the Sevii Islands for breeding instead of just changing the original
Indifferent about this one.
>completely leaving out a day/night cycle so the only way to get Espeon/Umbreon was to trade the Eevee from FRLG to RSE, raise it there and trade it back (or you could buy the Gamecube games)
This was dumb. Same thing with Glaceon and Leafeon in HGSS
I thought it was nice. FRLG were the first games to give items their own sprites, so they wanted to show them off.
>>
>>33511423
>>33511511
I had no problem with the tutorials being optional. But the stuff that Teachy TV taught you was completely trivial, the more recent games have excessive handholding and even they didn't feel the need to explain the stuff Teachy TV talked about in such detail. Although I wouldn't mind Teachy TV returning for a season 2 and talking about breeding mechanics.
>>
>>33511403
>>no cross-gen evolutions before you get the national dex (causing Golbat to start evolving but inexplicably stopping straight away)
>>those pointless "previously on your quest" things that played whenever you restarted the game
Just those 2 kill the game for me. The post-game is awful.
>you used Superpotion at this location!
Fuck this game.
>>
Let's not forget the fame checker
>>
>>33513426
I thought it was alright as it was completely optional and gave some characters sprites you usually would never see.
>>
Frlg had some dumb shit in it, but overall the whole sevii islands postgame was cool. Kinda mad that they moved Moltres though. Really dumb idea.
>>
>>33513517
>mad that they gave Moltres a proper and suitable home instead of leaving it in Victory Road where it was obviously put due to laziness or time constraints
>>
>>33511403
Teachy TV was really fun to me as a kid
>>
>>33513588
I'm not mad. It's just that it seems Mt. Ember was put there just to have Moltres there. I feel it would've been more suitable to keep it the way the originals did it. After all it is a remake.
>>
>>33511403
>teachy TV
This was good. Should come back. Could possibly be improved by having subcategories within it for the more obscure bullshit. You know, "basics" "advanced battling" "breeding" etc. By far the best method of tutorial gamefreak has used.
Agreed. Retarded.
Agreed. Retarded. Only thing I'll say is at least they were there.
Absolutely drop dead retarded. The worst. If they wanted to do this at the very fucking least don't blueball us with a failed evo sequence, just have it not evolve.
Should have been toggleable and only really for actually important things. Otherwise fine.
Indifferent about this one. Gotta catch em all.
Adding a new daycare isn't the sin, not changing the original is. The main issue with the new daycare is it's nowhere near a good hatching route.
Trash. There was no day/night in RSE, why couldn't they have just done the same thing in FRLG? Morons.
They were cute but again toggleable would have been ideal.

>>33513426
This was good. Could not possibly be a negative, you're either neutral or positive on this since it was not only totally optional but fairly out of the way.

Overall; frlg had a bunch of ok ideas they fucked up.
>>
>>33513668
>After all it is a remake
Which is why it took the opportunity to improve the games being remade by giving Moltres its own place like Articuno and Zapdos have as opposed to shoehorning it into the Victory Road, instead of sticking with a flaw that the originals had.

Seafoam Islands and especially Power Plant were also just there to house Articuno and Zapdos.
>>
>>33513426
>Talk to one guy multiple times to fill in Bill's info
I'm pretty sure no other NPC had more than one thing to say.
>>
>>33511403
"Previously on your quest" was kinda neat tho
>>
>>33511403
You're probably underage, that's why you cannot appreciate those amazing features

>teachy TV
RBY:
No Teachy TV with handy tutorials available 24/7, didn't even bothered to mention what is wrong with the tv teachy at all, only the sole mention of it's existence.
RBY: No dedicated TM compartments, TMs consumed vital space on your generic bag, berries didn't existed back then.
RBY: No running shoes at all, you had to endure the entire game at the same speed
RBY: No evolutions at all, golbat never evolves, only 151 different pokemon
RBY: No useful recap of the events you've been through your pokemon adventure to remind you of what you were doing the last time you played, specially useful when you stop playing from longer periods of time.
RBY: Little to no post-game at all, no features that encourage the completion of the pokedex
RBY: Only 1 limited daycare, no breeding, instead of 2 daycares and the 2nd one being an upgraded 1 with extra features
RBY: No day/night cycle either, limited dex, no way to acquire umbreon/espeon at all
those close-ups of a Pokemon whenever you use an item on them what? you didn't even finished this sentence, you didn't even bothered to mention what is wrong with them, how lazy of you
>>
>>33511403
Thank you. People praise FRLG so much, but honestly I'd call them the weakest of the remakes. Even ORAS had some improvements added to them specifically. The only real reason to play FRLG these days is for Sevii, and those are really mediocre in general.
>>
>>33514056
Jesus how is this not bait? Calm down little spergo.
>>
>complaining about that last point
>people fucking love Pokemon Amie.

Not that I'm defending Amie, because I hate that gay shit.
>>
I thought the replay thing was pretty cool, just wasnt used right imo
>>
Haters gonna hate, I love the Sevii Islands. The areas are fun, the pokemon variety is on point, and the music is fantastic.

The problems with FLRG are entirely because of limiting factors like no day/night, no trading outside the original gen 1 stuff, no egg trading, no breeding until postgame...it was way too faithful with a disregard to quality of life improvements.
>>
>>33514056
Your awful grammar and lack of punctuation imply that you are the underage one. The biggest thing to keep in mind when bitching about the lack of polish or post-game of gen 1 and to a lesser extent gen 2 is that the games were released during Pokemania. RBY had a worldwide culture behind it that isn't as present today, mainly because it's already made its name recognized and it's not new anymore. With its simple "Gotta Catch 'em All" catchphrase, everything from food to toys to media to clothing was inundated with Pokemon. Kids, adults, all races, both genders, and all generations had heard of it. It was a simpler time and Pokemon drew people together like nothing before it. I was in elementary school battling and trading 'mons with my brother's college friends, kids used to trade Pokemon cards on the playground at recess, and Friday night Pokemon Stadium/Snap tournaments were a common occurrence at the local Blockbuster and Hollywood Videos. To say there was no post-game is true in that there's only completing the Pokedex (the original mission of every main Pokemon game) by exploring the Unknown Dungeon near Cerulean City, and if you had a Gameboy Printer you could print out the completed 'dex diploma. But outside of the game was where the real fun was. Shitposting myths about Mew and Mewthree on the early internet, competing with your friends to be the best at battling, and using Stadium to settle scores was almost like bringing Pokemon to life. Games back then generally held your hand less, often made you think, had more exploration, and had more innovation to them than those of today.

That being said, RBY aren't that good. They didn't age well, are notorious for being full of bugs/glitches, required at least two other games having picked different starters, and required a link cable to trade Pokemon as the GTS didn't exist and the original Gameboy didn't have an infrared sensor like the Color.
>>
>>33511403
>>TM Case and Berry Pouch instead of dedicated bag compartments
you say this now but id kill for a place to keep all the fucking clutter thats been filling the general "item" slot the last 2 gens
give me a mega stone case or somewhere to keep all of the arceus plates, that place is a fucking hellzone by endgame
>>
>>33514310
>the music is fantastic
FRLG butchered the soundtrack though.
>>
>>33514401
You've got a point.
>>
>>33514501
>that awful trainer battle theme

For a song you hear for most of the game, it sounds like shit. Weird screeching sounds, and an instrument that sounds like someone banging on a tin can with a stick. None of it flows together at all not like it did in gen 1 to begin with
>>
>legendary theme is just the normal wild battle theme but with a higher pitch
>>
>If your legendary beast flees, poof it's gone forever
>also the iv bug carried from RS
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.