[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck are you supposed to beat Red in HG/SS when the level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Red.(Pokémon).full.75294.jpg (3MB, 2507x3541px) Image search: [Google]
Red.(Pokémon).full.75294.jpg
3MB, 2507x3541px
How the fuck are you supposed to beat Red in HG/SS when the level scaling is fucking broken? Grind for weeks in Mt. Silver?

This would be hands down the best game if that wasn't an issue
>>
Quagsire used earthquake

Also he doesn't use items
>>
His team is full of shitmons, that's how.
>>
>>33509331
You don't need to grind, but if you want to, use the elite four.
>>
>not beating him 20 levels under
Git gud
>>
In g/s/c it was easier if you had a balanced team. You could beat him with lvl 55- 60 pokemon. The gen 4 mechanics are different so that kinda affects it. I guess it gives the edgelords a reason to call him "the strongest trainer of all time!1!1" even though his team is pretty shit.
>>
>>33509331
What's your team?
>>
KO his Lapras and stall by using Revives and Potions until the rest of his Pokémon are KO by the hail.
>>
>>33509331
I think his AI is broken so you can use a ground-type on Pikachu, pump it full of x-items, and sweep his team.
>>
>>33509380
I actually haven't gotten to him yet, still haven't beaten elite 4. I'm just ranting because I got so frustrated the last time I got to him I just said fuck it and started a new game
>>
>>33509415
My in game team for HGSS has always been
Typhlosion, Ampharos, Heracross, Slowbro, Tyranitar, and Dragonite. I can beat him with those level 60 Pokemon so I think you should just type advantage his ass.
>>
>>33509331
Use your fucking brain you dumbass, you don't need to be at the same level as the AI to beat it
>>
>>33509331
I beat him with a team of level 50s and they weren't EV trained, they weren't IV bred and they didn't even have optimal natures. Anyone who complains about the level curve in Johto is an incompetent retard who simply needs to stop being shit.
>>
>>33509843
>Tyranitar
You mean the pokémon you can only catch a couple of minutes before you get to Red, and you have to grind 30-35 level before it fully evolves?
>>
>>33509388
>not pumping your tyranitar full of D-Dance
casual.
>>
>>33509903
Yep same here my team was pure shit but beating the cpu isn't hard at all since they rarely ever switch out pokemon and back in Gen IV they didn't at all
>>
>>33509938
>not spamming curse with Slowbro and sweeping with Avalanche
>>
>>33509929
HGSS has Larvitar in the Safari Zone retard
>>
>the level curve meme again
don't you shitposters have anything better to cling to
>>
>>33509929
in HGSS you could get Larvitar after finishing Baoba's second task.
>>
>>33509360
This
>>
>>33509973
>meme
>defending this scaling
hokay there buckaroo
>>
If you're able, grind on Gym Leaders in Saffrom City Dojo.(Of course, finding them and getting the rematch timing right is a little tricky).
>>
I came up with a pretty unique solution to the level curve in Soul Silver. After beating Johto, I started a new game on Platinum, traded everything from Johto to Sinnoh for some starly, caught a new team of six in sinnoh, beat sinnoh league with a mix of both gens teams, go through all of the sinnoh post game, then trade back to Soul Silver for Kanto
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.