[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate that the pokemon community has gone on to call the protagonists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: elioandselene.png (3MB, 2047x1272px) Image search: [Google]
elioandselene.png
3MB, 2047x1272px
I hate that the pokemon community has gone on to call the protagonists of Sun and Moon well, Sun and Moon.

Like other protagonists, they have names, and from the Battle Royal announcement, they're Clearly Elio and Selene.
>>
we know that. It was confirmed with Selene's kotobukiya announced where her name is Mizuki (aka the name that replaces Selene in the japanese version )
>>
>>33508616
Wait, they AREN'T Elio and Selene?
>>
>>33508616
Oh underage-kun.
It was just recently that the protagonist had names.
Why do you think Red and Green are named Red and Green.
>>
>>33508616
>I hate that the pokemon community has gone on to call the protagonists of Red and Blue well, Red and Blue.
>Like other protagonists, they have names, and from their reappearances in Gold and Silver and Sun and Moon, they're Clearly Red and Blue.
Yes, Blue. I didn't play the games in moonspeak and neither did you.
>>
File: Pug think.jpg (72KB, 482x471px) Image search: [Google]
Pug think.jpg
72KB, 482x471px
>>33508693
>Green
Always wondered why they didn't go with that for his English name in HGSS, since usually remakes overwrite the originals, the games are FireRed and LeafGREEN, and Green is the default rival name in FR.
>>
>>33508707
Continuity, I think.
>>
>>33508616
>>33508677
Ssh, guys. You're going to trigger Bulbapedia.
>>
>>33508616
Aside from Red the protagonists never had canon names.
The names you're thinking of are the rivals' names.
>>
>>33508616
>they're Clearly Elio and Selene.
No, only the black ones are.
>>
Luna sounds good too
>>
Uh no, every game had placeholder names during prerelease.

BW had them as Blair and Whitlea.
XY had them as Xavier and Yvonne
ORAS had the male as Orlando.

Elio and Selene were just placeholders.
>>
>>33508713
They changed several other things in that game, like the "Tin Tower" mistranslation. At that point, the name "Blue" had only appeared in GSC, so it'd have been easy enough to change it. His default name in FRLG was Green anyway.
>>
>>33509168
Still doesn't change that Yo and Mizuki are the official Japanese names.
>>
>>33509168
Do you know what the Japanese equivalents of those names were?
Black and White
X and Y
Omega
>>
I hate that the pokemon community is autistic enough to care about names for protagonists when it doesn't fucking matter at all
>>
>>33509215
It matters, though. You can't find fanart unless you know what to search for.
>>
>>33509214
And upon game release, the names were changed to Touya, Touko, Serena, Calme, and Yuki.

What's your point?
>>
>>33509196

Nope, it's still ムーン and サン, meaning Moon and Sun respectively.
>>
>>33509319
That these names are the equivalents of "Sun" and "Moon", not of "Yoh" and "Mizuki". Japanese placeholder names have always been just the title of the game.
>>
File: Mizuki.jpg (147KB, 840x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Mizuki.jpg
147KB, 840x1190px
>>33509343
But that's wrong you fucking retard.
>>
>>33509343
>merchandise
>>
>>33509354

That's from a third party merchandiser. Not GF.
>>
>>33508677
Nope
>>
>>33508616
elio(ήλιος) and selene(σελήνη) means sun and moon in greek
>>
>>33509402
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talk:Moon_(game)
Fucking christ.

Also,
>article is titled "Moon_(game)"
>it's not about the game titled Moon
>>
File: silvally.jpg (62KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
silvally.jpg
62KB, 736x1040px
>>33508616
>Elio
If there were no Arceus, it would be necessary to invent him
>>
>>33509449
>Also for the purpose of trivia and the name itself, Mizuki translates to waterwood (a type of tree that sprouts flowers keeping in line with the flower theme of the characters) and is a common female Japanese name meaning "beautiful moon, which I still think can be translated to just "Moon" for the English readers.
Why do people that have no fucking clue what they're talking about think they get a say in anything?
>>
>>33509449
Right, I'm saying they're Moon and Sun, not Elio or Selene
>>
I'm still mad they didn't call Red Ash and Blue Gary
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.