[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want completing the National Pokédex to be as monumental and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 1499204063613.png (87KB, 337x203px) Image search: [Google]
1499204063613.png
87KB, 337x203px
I want completing the National Pokédex to be as monumental and daunting a task as it was during Generation 3.
>>
>>33502537
Me too man. Me too. I mean, sadly it's not likely to happen, with Nat sex being recommend and all, but I hope someday we get this much love...
>>
File: masuda.png (151KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
masuda.png
151KB, 300x300px
>>33502537
Game Freak has heard your plea. Work on the National Dex Project has started. Please understand. (laughs)
>>
>>33502554
>having to buy not only one the core games, but also spin-offs to complete the dex
>love
Pick one.
>>
File: vpruined.jpg (63KB, 603x611px) Image search: [Google]
vpruined.jpg
63KB, 603x611px
>>33502537
Are you fucking stupid, retarded, underage or all of these?
Was gen 3 your first gen?
Now I'll grant your wish:
Gen 8 isn't bank compatible.
All your mons will forever be locked into Sun/Moon.
Gen 8 games contain around 250 mons, between new ones and old ones.
To get every pokémon from gen I and II you need to connect with pokémon GO.
To get every gen III and V pokémon you need to buy "pokèmon next shitty spin off".
To get every gen IV pokémon you need to buy BOTH Shining Diamond and Jamming Pearl.
To get every gen VI and VII mon you need to buy "pokémon searcher" that allows you to scan for pokémons, only 10 mon a day.
Also, to get mythicals and shit you need to go to fucking gamestop and get the codes.
Mew and Victini are released only in japan up until the end of gen 8.

WOW completing the national dex surely was fun!
>>
>>33502612
>All your mons will forever be locked into Sun/Moon.
>Gen 8 games contain around 250 mons, between new ones and old ones.

I actually want that.... well I meant for competive. The SM regio dex only is pretty good. I just don´t like the distrubution. I mean we can get every fucking pseudo except t-tar in the regio dex.

I want a gen 8 with 250 Pokemon. 60% new ones, 40% old ones. I don´t want overpopulated shit. Give me a another Gen 3 pokemon distrubution (with better electrotype variety)
>>
>>33502537
You mean spending more money on buying a different console, spin-off games and the cable to transfer them?
>>
You need LeafGreen, Colosseum, GoD and Emerald to have all resources to get the National Diploma. That's four games, and that's not even accounting you need to play through LeafGreen three times and twice through Emerald to get them all. Why would you want that again?
>>
>I want completing the National Dex to be a multihundred dollar paywall

lmao
>>
>>33502768
You have to play through Emerald three times as well.
>>
>>33502768

>TFW bought Fire Red instead of Leaf Green

Took until the Bw hype period before I managed to get a Slowpoke in gen 3. The Slowpoke line was the last I needed to get the national dex in Emerald. Only reason I'm afraid to restart Emerald.
>>
>>33502795
No you don't. You can breed the Johto starters from Colosseum, and you can get the other Lati with the Eon Ticket. If you don't have that, it's two playthroughs.
>>
It would be just as hard if it wasn't for online trading, which I still think should be removed from the games altogether. Give us streetpass trading instead.
>>
>>33502564
I wonder if one of the reasons SM didn't have it was the new entries. They didn't want to do ~500 new ones if they weren't going to be found in the game anyway so they didn't bother.
>>
>>33503271
Yes. Because that's what mainline pokemon games need: more Pokémon Go.
>>
>>33503301
No, they need less global trading. There is literally no rarity anymore because even mythical pokemon are fucking everywhere. At least by scaling down the range, you would achieve a more balanced trading market.
>>
>>33503300
They could just have used old entries for non-native Pokemon. That's how they usually handle it.

I'm not the kind of person who generally whines about feature removal, but the missing National Dex really bothers me.
>>
>>33502537
Dammit your nostalgia goggles are foggy as fuck anon
>>
File: ffvgf.jpg (11KB, 259x194px)
ffvgf.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>33502612
>Jamming Pearl
>>
>>33502537
I DO like the Gen 3 Hoenn games, but
>Jirachi is exclusive to Pokémon Colosseum's Bonus Disc
>Celebi is exclusive to Japanese Version of Pokémon Colosseum's Bonus Disc
>Mew and Deoxys' were Emerald event exclusive
>Deoxys' weird form change in Gen 3
>Raikou, Entei and Suicune appear depending on what starter you chose, so unless you have a friend with either FireRed or LeafGreen you MUST restart your game THREE TIMES
>Ho-Oh and Lugia were event exclusive
>FireRed and LeafGreen turned into Version Exclusives Pokémon that weren't Version Exclusive (Psyduck and Slowpoke lines)
>Pokémon Colosseum is a must if you want to complete the Pokédex because is the only game that gives you all starters from the same Gen (Gen 2 starters)
>Espeon and Umbreon are the hardest non-legendaries Pokémon to obtain: FireRed and LeafGreen don't have internal clock so both MUST be imported to Hoenn, where Eevee doesn't appear at all and the internal battery might be empty
>>
>>33504109
Almost forgot, despite the hate towards Gen 6, it IS the best Gen to complete the Pokédex because of GTS and only needed 4 games.
>>
>>33503254
Hoenn starters, though. You can only trade with non-Hoenn games if you have beaten the league.
>>
>>33504123
Gen 5 was the first game I completed the national Pokedex in. Technically I never completed gen 6 and subsequently gen 7 because I missed out on Volcanion and Hoopa.
>>
>>33504192

BW 1 or 2? If 2 I take it the shiny charm was your incentive?
>>
>>33504257
B/W 1. It wasn't a lack of incentive, it was mostly a lack of access to some Pokemon that the gen 5 GTS remedied. Owning only Platinum and HG out of all the gen 4 games made it hard to track down some Pokemon. I distinctly recall the Glameow and Stunky lines hard to get.
>>
I completed a living dex in gen 3, and no I don't want to have to do that again.
>>
>>33504290
Living Dex or bust for me.
>>
>>33502537
>completed national dex in not just one cart of Emerald, but two
>get a Cyndaquil and Totadile from Oak
>WHOOPS YOU CAN'T TRADE THOSE TO A NEW COPY OF EMERALD OR FRLG
>HAHA YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD TRADE EGGS TO EMERALD, TOO BAD!
What the fuck was the point? I worked my ass off to use these two and you can't even play the game with them.
>>
>>33504299
I have maintained a living dex since gen 3, but I don't want to redo all the work required back then.
>>
>>33504288

Glameow was infamous until ORAS since Pearl was the only game where you could catch it outside local wifi events in BW2 that requires other people.
>>
>>33504353

I couldn't be arsed to make a living dex until bank.
>>
>>33503300
Nope. They've said in an interview earlier in the year they already felt like there was too many, and that they wanted to create the same feeling with completing the Pokedex just like Gen 1.
>>
File: OP.jpg (337KB, 1312x954px)
OP.jpg
337KB, 1312x954px
>>33502537
If you wanted a challenge,there are Smogon and VGC.
>>
>>33503317
NO THAT WOULDN'T BALANCE THE TRADE MARKET. If anything it would make it worse by over valuing mythicals and legendarys like gen 6 if anything they need to over saturate the market so anything cana be traded and have value and if you need an example of how this would work i have one for you
>>
>>33504192
If you still need those two i have them
>>
they need to put most of the pokemons in the game then

problem is, there too few pokemon catchable in each game to even bother trying to capture them all

so you just transfer your living dex and call it a day
>>
The national dex in Gen III was only hard because only like 10 johto pokemon were available from RSE and FRLG so you had to also buy another console and Coliseum plus Gale of Darkness

It was a money sink but that doesn't make it challenging
>>
>>33504109
>Ho-Oh and Lugia were event exclusive
You can get them in the Gamecube games, but you still need both of them.
>>
>>33505339
inb4 usum has national pokedex back
>>
>>33504109
>Pokémon Colosseum is a must if you want to complete the Pokédex because is the only game that gives you all starters from the same Gen
You get to choose one Johto starter in Emerald's post-game, so it is possible to complete the Pokedex without the Gamecube games (although Ho-oh/Lugia would be event exclusive and you'd need all 5 GBA games).
>>
>>33510282

They were programmed as mythical though. You didn't need them to complete the national dex.

>>33511649
You'd have to complete the Hoenn dex in Emerald 3 times that way.
>>
>>33502854
Slowpoke is actually an interesting case, I believe it's the only non-legendary Pokemon that is truly exclusive in gen 3.
>>
I actually liked how Colosseum and XD had a lot of Pokemon that were difficult to obtain in the GBA games. I wouldn't mind having more spin-offs with connectivity that was similar to the Gamecube games. Every other gen requires you to have at least one copy of every game if you want to complete it (assuming you don't use the GTS) and gen 3 was no different in that regard. I personally think that gen 5 had the worst dex to complete since you needed to rely on the Dream World.
>>
>>33511712

Considering a crap ton of Shadow Pokemon consisted of non legendary version exclusives, I'm certain they intended for it to be the way for Emerald players to get the RS exclusive Pokemon while giving the Kanto games a way to get the other versions exclusives but they forgot to add Slowpoke.
>>
>>33511808
It probably was an oversight. For some reason, Psyduck and Slowpoke were turned into version-exclusives in FRLG despite not being exclusive in RBY. Psyduck was obtainable in RSE so it didn't matter that much, but Slowpoke wasn't so it ended being available in LG only.

Although you'd need at least one of the Kanto games to obtain the starters and fossils anyway so it doesn't make that much of a difference.
>>
File: gbc-gba-trade.gif (17KB, 420x226px) Image search: [Google]
gbc-gba-trade.gif
17KB, 420x226px
>as monumental and daunting a task as it was during Generation 3

It'll never happen.
The reason completing Gen 3 was such a difficult task is because it wasn't backwards compatible with previous games. You needed to trade between Ruby and Sapphire, as well as attend events, as well as trade between side-series games like Colosseum and XD.
By the time you had a full Pokedex, you also had at least some contact with four different games.

You CAN make the process of completing newer Pokedexes closer to the Gen 3 experience, but you'll be spending more money and even then come up short on a few Pokemon only available from previous generations.
>>
>>33505898
Nah don't need one, you're full of shit.
>>
thank god there is the glitch to hatch any pokemon
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.