[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are not good games. They have horribly streamlined level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1482360615637.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1482360615637.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
These are not good games. They have horribly streamlined level design because the region is small and doesn't have enough aptitude for exploration and no puzzles. They have an awful story because it is poorly paced and constantly stops the player to spoonfed them dialogue from characters that talk without saying anything of substance or interest. They introduced new features that are mostly either bad or useless (E.G Plaza, Poke Finder, Battle Royal). They do not offer enough longevity via postgame content as is reasonably expected and desired from Pokémon games.

The only good things about them are the graphical improvements, the implementation of Hyper Training and the removal of HM moves. These are very measly positives that don't weight much though.
>>
File: 1447907867257.png (223KB, 340x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447907867257.png
223KB, 340x400px
How bored are you?
>>
>>33497618
They're perfectly good games. They're disappointing in some respects, but overall are entirely fun and satisfying Pokémon games. No game is perfect, and there are certainly flaws here, but they don't ruin what are generally quite good games.
>>
Report Sun & Moon box art threads
Hide Sun & Moon box art threads
Do not reply to Sun & Moon box art threads
>>
>>33497620
I'm not bored, I'm frustrated because I love Pokémon but I don't love these games.
>>
>>33497638
I know but I think this has been 1000 threads about how bad sun and moon since release. We get the faults it's been discussed to the mud
>>
How do we make Pokemon box art more interesting?
>>
>>33497797
Make them more dynamic. Like GS had the legends flying towards you. So did Emerald.
>>
>>33497618
Gen 8 will solve this problem they'll have more than enough room to add elements from all pass games as in dungeons and puzzles and a bit to explore I think they'll still give you roadblocks like crazy but with a console game they gotta make it feel more meaty
>>
>>33497628
Ya finna trying too hard ya shill pinheadetty.
>>
>>33497850
Gen 8 probably won't solve these problems because Game Freak consciously makes most of these decisions in order to target the smartphone audience, not because of hardware limitations.
>>
>>33497638
We get you're frustrated. But still, see what >>33497620
>>
Instead of making threads like these, make threads where you ask how /vp/ would fix these problems, or improve upon pre-existing ideas.
>>
>>33498308
We have that thread every day too. There's literally nothing more to be said
>>
>>33497618
>postgame content as is reasonably expected and desired from Pokémon games.

Most Pokemon games don't have much post-game.
>>
>>33498365
As soon as just one games does then it's reasonable to expect every game that follows it to have it as well.

New games should eclipse old ones in every way.
>>
>>33498416
Sure, but that isn't a Sun/Moon problem, that's an "every first release of a generation" problem, or just a general Gamefreak problem.
>>
>>33497618
You're right pretty much about everything

Also>>33498365
>Most Pokemon games don't have much post-game.

Thats false actually. Very few Pokemon games dont have much Post game (mainly RBY and RS). 3DS games all have barebones post game
>>
>>33498049
>>>/asp/ back to your hellhole
>>
>>33497618
>he's not waiting for the full release
Your fault for playing a demo, everyone knows first games of a generation blow
>>
>>33498989
Yeah im sure USUM magically will have shitton of post game and more content overall.

Even though the map barely has ANYTHING new and we're two months away from the release and we have zero info about anything interesting
>>
>>33499000
Besides the point, this is a SM thread not an USM one.
>>
>>33497618
Yeah, they're an almost perfect replica of BW, no?
>>
>>33499198
>B/W
Surely, you mean D/P?
>>
>>33499209
No. Every single thing in the OP but the second and third half of the small second paragraph is shared by BW.
>>
>>33497638
It will never change, so stop buying them.
It's an addiction, and Game Freak know exactly what they're doing.
>>
>>33497618
You forgot to mention the lack of new good pokemon.
>>
>>33498989
>Acting like oras redeemed gen 6 at all

LOL
>>
I honestly feel sorry for everyone who couldn't enjoy SM
>>
>>33499343
I feel sorry for the people who paid 40 dollars for this shit.

Thankfully I pirated this crazy
>>
>>33499346
Too bad, I pirated it too
I always save money for the third version
>>
>>33498416
I think that's exactly what GF is trying to avoid; making past games no longer worth playing.
>>
>>33499343
1st games are too never be fully enjoyed. theyre made to bide us time for an improved version so that we can compare and trade it when New Hat version comes out.

XY got lucky. it didnt need a 3rd version because they threw in a bunch of useful features, but we didnt notice it til Gen 7 got announced. we hated XY just as much as SM, but only while it was the only game out
>>
Of course they were not good, Pokemon is fucking kiddie shit. It's your own fault for wasting your time with it. If you were smart you would never play another new Pokémon game unless it was mystery dungeon.
>>
>>33497850
And you better find out whether that's true before buying it
>>
>>33499427
>>33498989
Why ar you people willing to put up with a series that hype up the first games only to have a slightly better one for the same price later? Why don't they just start off with the better one? You're being tricked into buying kiddie games that gives you know satisfaction whatsoever. If you love Pokemon just play a rom hack, at least they hav actual challenge.
>>
>>33499449
It isn't a trick
You already know there is a better version soon with XY the only exception
Rom hacks are dog shit
If you want a challenge just do a nuzlocke with your own rules
>>
>>33498989
Mega X and Mega Y didn't happen.
BW were about as good as BW2. Most people irl got bored with bw2.
Gen4 and earlier only improve selection of Pokemon, flesh out the same story, or add about 1 location and 1 battle facility.
>>
>>33499449
>at least they hav actual challenge.
oh wow i beat edgymon the radioactive type legendary that killed things. wait til i tell my fwiends.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.