[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The pueo (Asio flammeus sandwichensis) is a subspecies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: pueo.jpg (165KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
pueo.jpg
165KB, 800x1067px
"The pueo (Asio flammeus sandwichensis) is a subspecies of the short-eared owl that is endemic to Hawaii. The pueo is one of more famous of the various physical forms assumed by ʻaumākua (ancestor spirits) in Hawaiian culture."

t. Wikipedia
>>
ok
>>
A thread died for this
>>
Owlcucks: always assblasted.
>>
>>33489205
A thread needed to die for this exact reason
>>
>>33489197
Decidueye sucks. Get over it.
>>
>>33489205
This is the newest archived thread anon, not a huge loss.
>>33472566
>>
>>33489236
Too many "why's it ghost though" replies were making me sad, anon
>>
>>33489197
>getting so BTFO in the other thread you can't bring yourself to post in it
>>
>>33489273
But now you know why it's ghost! :^)
>>
I never understood why so many people on here hate decidueye? I personally think he's the coolest final form of the 3 starters. Do people just hate the Pokémon or hate the Pokémon because other people like the Pokémon? Enlighten me without memes.
>>
File: snek huh.jpg (179KB, 837x1024px) Image search: [Google]
snek huh.jpg
179KB, 837x1024px
>>33489263
I thought it was ghost to reference the extinct stilt owls.
>>
>>33489286
Nothing about its design hints at the fact that he is a ghost
>>
>>33489288
A mixture of saltiness about greninja shilling, mixed with saltiness about how unbearable people were about rowlet when it was first shown. Plus decidueye supposedly isn't good competitively.
>>
>>33489288
Being the best of three turds isn'ta huge accomplishment.
But yes, starter wars are cancer.
>>
>>33489306
And?
>>
>>33489288
Because this generation gave us another great set of starters, just like gens 1 and 3 - the other two generations that had rampant starterwars.
>>
>>33489304
Could be both. Primarina's pretty obviously a selkie, no reason Decidueye couldn't be an extict owl and also an ancestor spirit thing
>>
>>33489326
>And?
And people are criticizing the fact that the design fails at conveying Decidueye's typing
>>
>>33489362
What about the Tapus makes them seem fairy?
>>
File: fun fact.jpg (35KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
fun fact.jpg
35KB, 326x326px
>>33489362
Golurk looks nothing like a ghost-type.
Goomy and Sligoo don't look like dragons.
Girafarig doesn't look psychic.
>>
>>33489197
looks like shit even in the form of a real animal
many other owls look better
>>
>>33489388
Irrelevant to the discussion.
>>
>>33489388
>>33489403
That just means that it's a common problem, not that it isn't one
>>
>>33489288
>>33489310, basically. Rowletfags were cancerous to the others' fanbases in the early days, like really cancerous and nasty even by the standards of this shithole.

Ever since it's been downhill. First competitively in stats/Smogon, then the design being pointed out to have its own issues as well as the plush highlighting those prominently, then the fact Primarina's merch is selling like hotcakes while Incineroar got the movie and there's strong hints Ash's Litten will fully evolve. And the cat and sea lion fans have pointed out every single time something positive for their starter crops up while Decidueye barring Pokken (which got an overwhelming MEH) is ignored.

Karma is a bitch.
>>
>>33489433
I think you're just shitposting out of pure hatred while the others are happy about their starters (or in the case of /vp/, hate all 3)
>>
>>33489412
The point is not all pokemon types are obvious. For something like grass or steel that's a problem, but how exactly do you define fairy? Or ghost, beyond spooky?
>>
>>33489452
The fuck? I'm telling what actually happened. If you can't handle the fact Decidueye's become a mockery of what people figured it was going to be, then that's your problem and not mine.

Jesus, owlcuck fucking confirmed.
>>
>>33489433
This. Owlfags are vile cancer
>>
File: rowlett.png (451KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rowlett.png
451KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>33489452
starter wars now is dumb, sure, but rowlet fans still poisoned the well from the start.
>>
File: 1501311039576.jpg (208KB, 1703x1441px) Image search: [Google]
1501311039576.jpg
208KB, 1703x1441px
>>33489501
cute owls are nice
>>
>>33489197
I don't like Decidueye as much as the other two but if you don't think he's the perfect starter for Alola you need to get out of my face.

Adding to how well it fits with Hawaiian culture, they also made Silvally fire in the reveal art and Kukui just fits with Incineroar better.
>>
>>33491231
Decidueye fits Hau far better than Incineroar fits Kukui. Decidueye is canonically a pussy scaredy-cat, so based on personalities she's perfect for Hau. This is inarguable.
>>
>>33489205
Fuck off, it's something that has something to do with a Pokemon's design and reason and can cause a discussion, would you rather see another R8 my wife/waifu/furfag/what did they mean by this?/pedophile/pokephile/gen-war/Following Pokemon!/USUM sucks etc thread that pop up every minute?
>>
>>33491629
>she
>>
>>33491841
There were at least 4 Decidueye threads up at the time of that post
>>
>>33489433
None of this is true.
It started when the game was first being leaked and the person playing chose Rowlet and showed off it's stats showing it to be slow. Littenfags the. Claimed themselves to have the best starter and the only one with good speed, which caused yhem to start making threads saying how they've already won. Then the stats for everyone leaked and Incenaroar was left in the dust as it was even slower then Decidueye. Rowletfags started doing the same thing to Littenfags and now everyone single starter from that gen has a cancerous fanbase.
>>
>>33494009
All of what he said is true, in addition to yours, it's when the downfall started for Rowlet, it's also when most of the cancerous owlfags left.
We can't change the past or the action of leak season owlfags, but we can try to turn over a new leaf, and end this stupid war, or rather just not contribute to it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.