[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Gamefreak insist on more remakes? VC releases are cheaper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Remakes.png (487KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
Remakes.png
487KB, 500x378px
Why does Gamefreak insist on more remakes? VC releases are cheaper to make and provide the most authentic experience anyway. Instead of remakes, why not a revisit with a brand new story?
>>
Because GF's creativity is in the shitter and they can't come up with a new story.
>>
Because faggots keep asking for them and lapping them up anyway.

I wish they would stop with the remakes but they're never going to stop because it's easy money even if it's a shitty rushed game as ORAS proved.
>>
>>33483351
All remakes had significantly better stories than the originals, especially ORAS.
>>
>>33483361
I like remakes. I think HGSS and FRLG are oodles better than the originals. Do you disagree?

For example - I hate Sinnoh. But if they make a remake, there's a chance it could wind up actually good.

I like remakes because they give games a second chance.

Plus, when Unova's remakes and/or sequels (if we're lucky) roll around, we'll get to see Castelia in proper 3d. That'll be amazing 2bh.
>>
>>33483351
>Instead of remakes, why not do a revisit with a brand new story?

Game freak could do that in one of the future generations of Pokèmon
>>
>>33483602
>stories
>mattering

It doesn't matter how much better pokemon stories are from eachother, they're all garbage in the end.
>>
Remakes do 4 important things.

1. Allow players to catch pokemon that you normally couldn't without some weird event or just putting them in some random place they don't belong.

2. Give a game between large gaps that's easier to make then a brand new generation.

3. Allows older games to become more fleshed out due to improved mechanics and stories that didnt get development Inot the original to be more fleshed out now.

I don't think many people would argue that the original RBY or GSC are better then thier remakes.
ORAS being the only arguable exception of a poorly done remake.

And diamond will most definitely be on switch due to the pattern of how there is never more then one remake per system.
>>
>>33483613
I'm excited but also concerned about BW's remake.

It has the best story in the series and I want them to improve it rather than ruin it
>>
>>33483361
>WAAAH stop making games that no one is making me plaaaaaay.
Shut up, I don't get why you idiots complain about things like remakes and 3rd versions, no one cares if you don't like them, no one is making you play the games. simply don't play them if you have a problem with it.
>>
>>33483764
What's the 4th?
>>
>>33483351
To be honest, they can stop making remakes.
On the 3DS you can play every single pokémon game, as original or remake.
With hoenn remakes they covered the last hole.
Now every region is playable.
We have
Kanto - RBY virtual console
Johto - HG/SS and GS virtual console
Hoenn - ORAS
Sinnoh - DPPt
Unova - BW BW2
Kalos - XY
Alola - Sun Moon

We have no need for further remakes like DP, since we can still play the originals on the same fucking hardware.
>>
>>33484356
not when the Switch comes out with Gen 8, then they'll have 4 more gens open for remakes
>>
>>33484604
I doubt they'll remake 4 generations on the switch, and you know better than me that if they will make a remake on switch, it will be gen I because it will sell a ton and draw attention to the switch.
>>
>>33484283
Because not playing them doesn't give the devs back the time they should've spent making original content.

>>33483613
They're not better than the originals to the point where's worth releasing them. And ORAS wasn't even better than Emerald so why the fuck would I want more remakes?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.