[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those who were trying to get shinies in VC RBY, the late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: DJBxtXQUMAAD4xy.jpg (61KB, 940x276px) Image search: [Google]
DJBxtXQUMAAD4xy.jpg
61KB, 940x276px
For those who were trying to get shinies in VC RBY, the latest Pokétransporter update fixes that the use of the wrong DV to check that.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/905322882946940928
>>
Gender now uses the gen II system, no more random.

https://twitter.com/wwwwwwzx/status/905350763689402368

The rest stays the same, but no Celebi.

https://twitter.com/wwwwwwzx/status/905370609877520384
>>
So today's update is for the gen II VC then. They're actually getting ready EARLY for shit? This has to be a first one.
>>
>>33478285
>Gender now uses the gen II system, no more random.
Why didn't they use it from the get go?

>The rest stays the same, but no Celebi.
In what sense?
>>
>>33478285
But, RBY pokemon only got a gender when transfering them to GSC and it always was the attack iv that determined that, how was wrong before?
>>33478276
For what I remember, shinies needed to be 10 in all or some stats in rby/gsc to appear like that right? Was that wrong or they didn't cared because you couldn't see if it was shiny in rby before?
>>
>>33478650
When transferring via bank, gender would be completely random, rather than based on the Attack IV

As for shininess, the pokemon needs to have 10 in Def/Special/Speed, and a 2,3,6,7,10,11,14,15 in Attack to be shiny in Gen 2.

But before the patch, transporter would make a pokemon shiny if it had a 10 in Atk, Special,Speed, and a 2,3,6,7,10,11,14,15 in Def. So they fucked up and flipped the Atk/Def checks.
>>
>>33478650
>But, RBY pokemon only got a gender when transfering them to GSC and it always was the attack iv that determined that, how was wrong before?

It was random and not based on the Attack IV like it should have been.

>For what I remember, shinies needed to be 10 in all or some stats in rby/gsc to appear like that right? Was that wrong or they didn't cared because you couldn't see if it was shiny in rby before?

It's supposed to be 10 in Defense, Special, and Speed and 2, 3, 6, 7, 10,11, 14, or 15 in Attack, but they mixed up Attack and Defense.
>>
>>33478582
>Why didn't they use it from the get go?
Because they're idiots.
>>
>>33478723
>>33478726
Thanks anons
>>
>>33478285
>no Celebi

What? Can someone give me a (((quick rundown))) on this?
>>
Where do find the patch? Neither the eshop or the app itself give any indication of an update.
>>
>>33479283
If your home menu doesn't say anything about it, I believe you can just delete the app and reinstall to force it to the latest version.
>>
>>33478285
NO! I want my female starters, damn it!
>>
Just to be clear and I'm kind of dumb, if a Pokemon is shiny in GS VC, will it be shiny when transferred?
>>
>>33479495
nobody knows...
>>
>>33479495
Yes. Shininess is determined by IVs.

Attack IV - 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15

Defense, Special, and Speed IVs had to be 10 each.

Prior to this update, Defense and Attack's roles were switched. Now it's been corrected to match the Gen 2 format.
>>
>>33479201
I just pulled my celebii from heartgold out of bank. No idea what no celebii means maybe no free celebii to new suscribers?
>>
>>33479556
Thanks.
>>
>>33479570
Celebi isn't included in the data because it was never made available in Gold and Silver.

Celebi was available in Crystal through the GS Ball event. Crystal isn't going to be on VC.
>>
>>33479616
Ah, thanks.
>>
Do certain mons still have their hidden abilities forced?
>>
guess they were too lazy to update gold and silver. attack iv determining gender is pretty sexist.
>>
>>33479752
>certain mons

You mean all of them?
>>
>>33479798
>attack iv determining gender is pretty sexist.

That's why gen 3 dropped it. I doubt it was sexism and more an easy way to lock gender in the case of transferring between gen 1/2.
>>
>>33480454
Gengar and Weezing don't. :^)
>>
>>33480492
>implying their hidden abilities aren't the same as normal ones
>>
>>33480573

The joke is that GF specifically set them to have their normal ability slot when imported.
>>
>>33479479
IVs are still random with 3 guaranteed 31s on transfer
>>
>>33480605
I meant DVs.

Whether a Pokemon is Shiny or not at transfer depends on its DVs.

Once the Pokemon's PID is calculated, the DVs and EVs disappear, and the Pokemon is assigned 6 random IVs (with at least 3 perfect IVs, except for Mew, which has 5).
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.