[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I stopped playing pokemon at Soul Silver and would like to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (29KB, 315x284px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
29KB, 315x284px
I stopped playing pokemon at Soul Silver and would like to get back into it, which is the best 3DS Pokemon game in /vp/'s opinion?
>>
X and Y suck dick.
Sun and Moon suck dick.

Just get Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire (gen 3 remakes)
>>
>>33476861
Why skip gen V? Arguably the best in the series. Just play them on a regular DS/DSi instead of a 3DS though, a lot of people complain about "ugly sprites" but it's just how the 3ds stretches the images.
>>
>>33476865
Probs ORAS since you're in familiar territory (provided you played Hoenn)

Then Sun or Moon
>>
>>33476865
Those are the suck dickiest of them all, Sun and Moon are the best on the 3DS not including the virtual console re-releases
>>
>>33476875
> gen v
> best in the series

Pick one
>>
>>33476883
>arguably
Not everyone likes it because the gen is pretty controversial, but for those who don't want to use Pikachu for the umpteenth time they had a lot of effort put into them. They're a great part of the series.
>>
>>33476861
>best 3DS Pokemon game
There is no such thing. They are all shit.
>>
>>33476861
SoulSilver
>>
>>33476906
Because all other Pokémon games force you to use Pikachu, right?
>>
>>33476861
With the 3DS games, looking back it really feels like a situation where "which turd floats to the top."
-I thought X and Y were great when they first came out, but there was a lot of "look what we can do" garbage with the overworld. The end result was that the majority of towns were bare bones and massive hand-holding in terms of difficulty.
-ORAS just wasn't as good as a remake of RSE as HGSS was. There were some nice additions but the game felt very "hollow" and soulless. The postgame was a fetch quest and while they teased the Battle Frontier in-game, it was just a dumb troll-y easter egg. Not saying BF would've been the best post, but something better than delta ep.
-Sun and Moon are probably polarizing because of the story that doesn't feel like you're in control of the game, lack of megas, and constant gen-1 pandering. However, I love the trials and I felt the overworld was immersive enough for me to enjoy exploration--they fixed some quality of life things like getting rid of HMs finally and introducing "ride" Pokemon which just helps so much. The variety of Pokemon is top-notch imo. SOS battles for shiny hunting is entertaining for me to the point where I've spent 430ish hours on the game. Having said all of this, replayability is what hurts the game the most because of the slogging cutscenes--I got both games when they came out and I've only beaten Sun, then made a bunch of shinies on it, traded them over to my Moon, and started Moon...but never finished because the cutscenes are a serious drag. Literally none of the side characters are likable except maybe the trial captains. Getting rid of Megas was *maybe* a good idea competitive-wise (idk, I don't do competitive so I legit don't know), but their lore and concept being dropped is unfortunate. And again, postgame was barebones.
It's more like you gotta pick the one you think you'll hate the least. Gun-to-my head it would be Sun/Moon.
>>
>>33476861
>which is the best 3DS Pokemon game in /vp/'s opinion?
>/vp/'s opinion
None, they all are the worst shit ever, in fact, they're so bad that now everything pokemon is shit, actually why do you wanna come back to pokemon, pokemon is shit, it was never good and it's a terrible franchise, why are you even posting here if you aren't shitposting?, start shitposting or get out of this godforsaken shit franchise and board
>>
>>33477151
They didn't get rid of Megas, you can still use them. We just didn't get any new ones.
>>
>>33477151
>lack of megas
Fucking stop already, stop with all those fucking gimmicks, fuck them. Let the goddamn game be clean without those stupid digivolutions. Same goes with Z moves or with the idiotic addition of the Fairy type which did no good.

Also
>Sun and Moon
>The variety of Pokemon is top-notch imo.
There is no opinion on this, the shit availablity and the usefulness is absolute dogshit on almost every of the alolan mons. Out of the small dex they introduced this gen you have tons of unusable shit like A marowak, Crabominable, Vikavolt, Lurantis, Shiinotic, Pyukumuku (what a stupid name), Tsareena, Palosand, the monkey duo and a couple of others simply being shit in every aspect, you can literally use the regular Tentacruel, Crobat or basically everything decent from past gens and will perform way better than something that can't even learn a stab move. And let's not forget the things that are found under 1-10% encounter rates or in magikarp infested fishing rocks or things that evolve on the last island/ another stupid method like Salazzle, Vikavolt, Mareanie, Dhelmise, Bruxish etc.
>>
>>33477168
Right, that's what I meant--they were an afterthought.
>>
Watch /vp/ called this bait.

Wait for Ultra Sun&Moon. None of the other entries are fantastic, I recommend skipping gen 6 altogether. Unless game freak really drops the ball, Ultra will be objectively better than S&M.
>>
>>33477230
>Alolan Marowak
>Unusable
Shitter detected
>>
>>33477244
>Unless game freak really drops the ball
If they don't have NatDex and Hall of Fame at the very least, they've dropped it.
>>
>>33477253
He meant ingame, where it can't even get Shadow Bone until you take it to a move reminder
>>
File: An in game shitmon.jpg (261KB, 1252x584px) Image search: [Google]
An in game shitmon.jpg
261KB, 1252x584px
>>33477253
>>
File: A-Marowak Gen 7 TM Learnset.jpg (285KB, 446x1351px) Image search: [Google]
A-Marowak Gen 7 TM Learnset.jpg
285KB, 446x1351px
>>33477299
>>
>>33476861
Best, none. Ok? Eh, I'd say anything that's NOT Gen 7.
>>33476865
Pretty much this.
>>
>>33476875
Which can be fixed by playing on a n2dsxl. You get better resolution, bigger screen, AND the 3ds's circle pad.
>>
>>33476883
Why? Gen V and Best in the Series are Synonymous with each other.
>>
File: 1501094153566.jpg (8KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1501094153566.jpg
8KB, 224x224px
>>33476883
>he fell for the gen v is bad maymays
>>
>>33476883
the gen v games are objectively the best in the series.
>>
>>33477151
This, except for gen 7. I feel like it was complete crap. The best part of the game is the track "Welcome to Alola". I feel like if as much work went into the games and the rest of the music for them as was put into that single track, they'd be great. Sadly, I feel like they did that single track, and then half assed the rest.
>>
>>33477151
Also, HM removal wasn't a quality of life thing. Worst thing ever.
>>
>>33477724
>i miss cut and rock smash
I'll take opinions you can't take seriously for $400 Alex
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.