[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is he consensus on Pokémon Bank? I'm trying to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1830.png (32KB, 250x149px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1830.png
32KB, 250x149px
what is he consensus on Pokémon Bank? I'm trying to get back into the series and have a big interest in shiny hunting and collecting various mons. The idea of it seems cool, but I know little to nothing about the details of it.

Is it worth it?
>>
It's only worth it if you were dumb enough to update your 3DS.
>>
>>33475250
This. There are free offline alternatives that are much more useful.
>>
>>33475250
I just go a new 3DS so it is updated to the latest firmware

>>33475255
How so, can you explain?
>>
>>33475262
You need to be on firmware 11.3 or lower in order to access homebrew, and thus homebrew alternatives to Bank.
>>
>>33475262
You're fucked, sorry dude. If you're a serious breeder Bank might still be worth it for you though, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>33475273
>>33475279
Well that's a shame. it's only $5 so I'll try it out and see where that gets me
Thanks guys
>>
https://3ds-guide.b4k.co/ntrboot

Buy a flashcart and hack your 3DS, will make transferring stuff from old games way easier (use pkhex on pc / PKSM 3ds homebrew)
>>
File: pokemonbankAZ.gif (1MB, 310x165px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonbankAZ.gif
1MB, 310x165px
>>33475248
If you plan on transferring Pokemon from this generation to the next, Bank is the only way to do it. Unfortunately, it's five dollars- and if you have 3,000 Pokemon to store it's either you're a lazy breeder or you seriously, SERIOUSLY, have been playing for a while and have a ton of Pokemon you don't want to lose. Either way, if you have the money there's no harm, $5 is a drop in the bucket, really.
Speaking of Bank, anyone here have an actual competitive team/many mons from a long time ago that they transfer over? I can go as far back as Platinum but I only have a couple of Pokemon.
Remember when we were excited for this shit, too? I'd much prefer a Pokemon Ranch on the WiiU/Switch where at least I could do something with my stored Pokemon.
>>
>>33475424
>If you plan on transferring Pokemon from this generation to the next
Switch Pokemon isn't out until 2019, he doesn't need to start paying now
>have been playing for a while and have a ton of Pokemon you don't want to lose
backing up your save file / pokemon files to your computer/cloud storage is safer

hack your 3DS OP
>>
The amount of effort you have to go through to be able to hack this compared to spending 5 dollars a year is truly the most pathetic thing I've ever witnessed.

Everybody in this thread should kill themselves.
>>
>>33475515
Yeah, copying and pasting a few files sure is tough.
If you hacked your 3DS, you'd save a lot more than $5 even though pirating is only a tiny part of what makes a 3DS with CFW so good.
>>
I am an adult so 5 dollars a year is nothing to me. I find it useful for storing my Living Dex.
>>
>>33475424
>Speaking of Bank, anyone here have an actual competitive team/many mons from a long time ago that they transfer over?

I have a ton of Shinies from my younger years when I was more obsessed with Shiny hunting that I've been transfering over to the newer games.
The oldest were caught back in Ruby and Leaf Green, but most were caught in Pearl thanks to the easiness that chaining brought about.
Most of these Pokemon are so old that they're older than the eldest of my young nieces and nephews.
I haven't bought Bank yet to send them over from Y to Sun, but I'm definitely looking forward to it, since bottle caps will finally make those with the right Natures and Abilities but terrible stats (like my Shinies of Darmanitan, Machamp, Accelgor, Landorus, Luxray, Bronzong, Golduck, Shedinja, Registeel, Ampharos, Bellossom, Vespiquen, Swellow, Toxicroak, Magnezone, and Terrakion, to name a few) worthy of being competitively usable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.