[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread discussing ORAS being a bad remake without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

Can we have a thread discussing ORAS being a bad remake without devolving into conplaining about trivial stuff and posting that godawful list? I'm actually really bothered by what happened with a game that was so looked forward to that even people who didn't play pokemon knew the "Hoenn Confirmed" meme. What actually went wrong? And yes this is a thread about ORAS being a shit remake, nothing about "but it's a good game on it's own!" just simply the status of a remake, since everyone agrees that it's the worst remake ever.
>>
>>33467968
What went wrong? Ohmori and neo-Masuda. That's what went wrong.
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>
>>33467968
your first mistake was going to 4chan to discuss shit in the first place
it's impossible because of all the shitposters
>>
i enjoyed oras remake way more than x and y and Sun and moon
>>
>>33468001
I liked ORAS a little more than XY, but both of them much more than SM.
>>
I never played ORAS because I couldn't buy cute clothes. If I wanted to play a game without clothes customization I'd just play the original.
>>
>>33467975
FUCK OFF
>>33467990
Where else am I supposed to go? This is the only place where people can hate on a bad game without GF shills defending it.
>>33468001
>>33468016
This isn't about SM or XY. It's about ORAS as a remake.
>>
>>33467990
4chan is the only place to discuss this because every other site is populated by blind fanboys.
>>
>>33468031
In that case, I miss traditional berry blending and the old Pokeblocks, but love that they removed the feel/feed limits.
>>
>>33467968
>not many significant, new areas to explore so it feels like RS in 3D with very little else at times
>couldn't really restore locations because nothing was really gimped in the first place
>a bit more hand-holdy, though whether or not this is significant enough to impact the game is up for debate
>free fucking mega legendary
>some gyms were made easier while others were made harder, there is no rhyme or reason behind the changes
>some things from the original games were removed (Berry Blending or whatever, Game Corner) without compensating for their removal
>some things that were present in previous remakes (gym battle rematches being the notable one) weren't added
I'm not going to mention the Exp Share because that's honestly an incredibly trivial negative that the game isn't even balanced around. You can turn it off and not be underleveled to fucking everything for the most part.
>>33468031
>Where else am I supposed to go? This is the only place where people can hate on a bad game without GF shills defending it.
Who the hell knows, this place is definitely not a good place to discuss this topic. You have people who overexaggerate and underexaggerate out their asses all the time.
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (738KB, 1092x1610px) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
738KB, 1092x1610px
>>
>>33468031
>>33468032
oh i see, you don't want discussion, you want a hugbox full of people who agree with you
carry on, then
>>
>>33468042
That's what those other sites are for.
>>
>>33468062
Then why are you asking for a thread where everyone is agreeing with you?
>>
>>33468068
I'm not op.
>>
File: 1476122613450.png (2MB, 885x1565px) Image search: [Google]
1476122613450.png
2MB, 885x1565px
>>
>>33468087
>3D map graphics
I know as a remake the map layout is already there, but how do you fuck up so badly?
>>
>>33468087
What am I supposed to be looking at here?
>>
>>33468114
it saying. oras had less than half as much 3d map graphics people than x and y. which could mean why oras felt shallow
>>
>>33468087
cherrypicking is fun
>>
>>33468132
Please explain. Were there more people working on other things compared to XY?
>>
>>
>>33468143
This is so baffling considering the levels of the leaders beyond Norman were increased.
>>
>>33468161
Look at that level gap between Grovyle and Mahukita. By Norman's Gym opponent levels don't even matter.
>>
>>33467968
ORAS made me actually like Hoenn. That shit was so spread out and boring in the originals.
>>
>>33468172
I'm guessing that's the Exp Share at work. Why the fuck would they even include it in the game, Hoenn's level curve is completely fine.
>>
>>33467968
The biggest problem with ORAS was that it didn't attempt to be a remake of gen 3 that fans would be proud of, rather it just seemed like it was Gamefreak's excuse to plaster in and hint at future things in SM, while shilling megas for the last time.

And faggots who justify none of the Emerald stuff as "they're Ruby and Sapphire remakes", Emerald corrected a ton of the flaws of RS. Things like this >>33468143 and Wattson not having Manectric all add up. Ontop of all that, the remakes are just so much easier than the gen 3 games.

And despite all that, they are still the best 3ds games thus far. Let's just hope USUM can deliver a strong finish for what has been a lackluster console for the series.
>>
>>33468161
2-4 levels of difference in the late game is nothing. Especially considering that they give you Mega Lati@s after Norman, and Primal before Wallace. Also the exp system in gen 6 is broken, you can easily outlevel all the gym leaders when you get there

Meanwhile, a difference between 16 and 19, in which one has a shitty movepool and the other has and actually threatening moveset and a held item (Back then Sitrus Berry healed 20 HP, not 1/4)
>>
>>33467968
>ORAS being a bad remake
ORAS is actually a pretty good remake of RS that improved on near everything in RS and added a ton more things that did not exist in the originals.

Delta Episode, however, is a bad remake of Emerald.
>>
>>33468040
>not many significant, new areas to explore so it feels like RS in 3D with very little else at times
If this is an issue, then ORAS automatically becomes better than FRLG because FRLG is literally nothing but RGBY in 16-bit. You can argue whether the Sevii mission is better or worse than Delta mission, but in the end it's the same. Other than those two facts, ORAS objectively had more new content than FRLG, though FRLG didn't cripple the originals like ORAS did. So really I would put FRLG and ORAS on an equal par, with personal taste determining which one is better for the individual person.
>>
>>33468172
>>33469246
What if i don't use the Exp.Share or the Lati@s?

Why don't you fucks ever think about that?

I didn't even had Swampert even at Winona, it evolved when fighting the Kecleon on the bridge where Steven gives you the scope.
>>
>>33467968

Why is having a thread about ORAS being bad necessary? You mean the multiple threads daily complaining about it the past 3 years not enough?
>>
>>33467968
>Can we have a thread discussing ORAS being a bad remake
You can try, but it'll be hard since ORAS are good remakes.
>>
File: gladion_get_out_b.png (108KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
gladion_get_out_b.png
108KB, 350x210px
>>33468032
>implying 4chan isn't populated by fanboys
>>
>>33467968
> o-oras is so shit amirite everyone pls pls pls agree with me pretty pls (T^T);;
>>
>>33469557
You can't fight Winona without a scope anon...
>>
>>33469718
When do you get the Starter megastone? Still on the bridge after the gym, right? Or when do you defeat the Kecleon?

I don't recall honestly, but i definitely fought Winona without Swampert.
>>
>>33469790
What does that even have to do with anything? I'm playing Emerald and just fully evolved my starter at the Mossdeep Gym. Not even May had fully evolved her starter when I fought her at Lilycove.
>>
>>33468132
That isn't cherrypicking.
The image shows two things
>fewer people worked on the map design in ORAS compared to XY
>everything in ORAS is made up of squares
>>
>>33469819
>What does that even have to do with anything?
If the game gives so much exp, then why wasn't my starter evolved? There's a contradiction here.
>>
>>33469832
Are you saying you can't be overleveled without evolving?
>>
>>33469868
No, i'm saying that complaining about being overleveled is dumb because not everyone plays the same way. If my starter isn't even at the gym leader's lower leveled mon AND not fully evolved when thanks to this mysterious "overlevel" it should be, when the trainer's raised levels don't matter anymore thanks to this mysterious "overlevel", then there's something wrong with this mysterious thing.
>>
>>33467968
no can't we just forget ORAS ever happened and shit pointless threads every single day?
>>
>>33469557
>Why don't you fucks ever think about that?

Because there's no reason I should be arbitrarily handicapping myself.
>>
>>33469960
So do you agree if i say Emerald has the easiest E4 and Champion in the series?
>>
>>33469972
No. That's ORAS and XY.
>>
>>33470102
>lower leveled mons while having a lv70 legendary and a shitty champion is harder
Yeah right.
>>
>>33470135
>>lower leveled mons
Relative to the player levels they're some of the highest in the series.

>muh rayquaza
That isn't EV trained at all and is completely fucked by 3/6 of Wallace's Pokemon having ice moves.
>>
>>33470148
>Relative to the player levels they're some of the highest in the series
I said lower leveled because relative to the player's and enemy's levels in ORAS, they're lower.

>and is completely fucked by 3/6 of Wallace's Pokemon having ice moves.
Yeah, "completely fucked" in the universe where they can oneshot Ray and resist more than two hits. Which isn't our universe.

Also by that logic an AS player wouldn't even REACH the E4 since Primal Kyogre just destroys everything you throw against it that isn't Shedinja.
>>
>>33470183
>I said lower leveled because relative to the player's and enemy's levels in ORAS, they're lower.
Except they're not. An average ORAS player will have Pokemon in their late 50s and 60s by the time they hit the E4. In Emerald they're still in the lv40s.

>Yeah, "completely fucked" in the universe where they can oneshot Ray and resist more than two hits. Which isn't our universe.
4 SpA Rayquaza Outrage vs. 84 HP / 84 SpD Milotic: 87-103 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
84 SpA Milotic Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rayquaza: 168-200 (70.8 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yes. It's fucked.

>since Primal Kyogre just destroys everything you throw against it that isn't Shedinja.
But it doesn't.
>>
>>33467975
>No GB sounds
That's because the remastered music is so close to the originals that they aren't needed. HG/SS weren't really true to the original sounds because it was 8 or 16 bit tunes that they needed to revamp.

>Delta Episode was spoiled
I really hope this btfos all the "no news" faggots shitting up the board.

>Voltorb Flip
>decent
...to be fair, that shitshow of a minigame wasn't in the Japanese version. Blame the west for no game corner.

>No mega Flygon
True. Ruined the entire game for me.
>>
>>33470310
Fuck off the list is valid complaints mixed with bait and everyone's already talked about everything on it to death
>>
File: Untitled.png (94KB, 1575x823px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
94KB, 1575x823px
>>33470250
>An average ORAS player will have Pokemon in their late 50s and 60s by the time they hit the E4. In Emerald they're still in the lv40s.
Without the Exp.Share or being an overleveling faggot no, he will not. At best i can concede your starter is 53 tops while the other are inferior to even 50.

Wasn't the Rayquaza supposed to be not EVsed? Where are the Milotic nature and EVs coming from?
(used modified D.C. because Outrage isn't present for some reason). And why should i use Outrage if Earthquake does the jop even better?

>But it doesn't.
But it does. For starters it and Groudon are the strongest story legendaries the series ever had, Kyogre has autohealing. Origin Pulse oneshots even the goddamn gift Metagross. Plus the free Lati@s in this occasion is completely worthless.
>>
>>33467968
>randomly getting a legendary
I hated it. I actually got really mad.
>>
>>33470433
>Without the Exp.Share

Again, why are you using this as a condition? There's no reason the player should be arbitrarily handicapping themselves.

>And why should i use Outrage if Earthquake does the jop even better?

Because Rayquaza doesn't come with Outrage and you have 5 other Pokemon to possibly teach EQ too even if you did manage to find the EQ TM.

>Origin Pulse oneshots even the goddamn gift Metagros
doesn't matter when you have 5 other pokemon that can resist water moves. It's a fucking lv45 non EV trained pokemon, it's not that hard to catch or beat.
>>
>>33470429
>Fuck off
Nah

ORAS was full of potential, which is what made it so disappointing. Also Megas were not made equal and half the new ones were barely usable.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.