[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best Pokémon in Gen 2, in-game? >possible to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Misty_polishing_Geodude.png (453KB, 732x562px) Image search: [Google]
Misty_polishing_Geodude.png
453KB, 732x562px
Is this the best Pokémon in Gen 2, in-game?

>possible to catch before the first proper trainer battle, not counting Silver
>great match-up against the early gyms, unresisted STAB moves
>solid against many neutral trainers, Team Rocket in particular
>never stops being useful, will beat half of Red's team on his own

You even find the Hard Stone before the first gym, if you start the game on a Thursday.

Also, general Geodude line appreciation thread.
>>
>>33465097

probably the best non-starter pokemon in terms of efficiency and long term viability

feraligatr makes the game trivial without you ever needing to catch another pokemon
>>
>>33465097
Female Geodude renders Miltank useless.
>>
Geodude was bro in gen 2.
I always look forward to using one in nuzlockes
>>
>>33465097
>last evo is through trade
>stuck with Greveler forever
>>
Rocky the Onix/Steelix might be better with that boosted exp. Gotta wait a little bit but it's not like Falkner is hard to beat.

>>33467956
It's actually really convenient that most of us probably have DS+3DS and HGSS + DPPt at this point. And similar back in the day with GB + GBA and GSC + RBY.
>>
>>33465678
Technically, you need to catch something that learns Waterfall.
>>33467173
You can even find it at two separate locations before the first gym.
>>33468192
Onix is just bad. If Rocky had been holding a Metal Coat, on the other hand...
>>
>>33465097
I used a Geodude for my red playthrough on the 3ds. I always just ignored him as a kid because muh 4xwater/grass weakness but Graveler is bro tier.
>>
>>33469762
Of course, Geodude/Graveler wants no business with anything with a Grass or Water move (or Ice, for that matter), but there are so many things in-game that rely on Normal attacks to do damage. If you don't catch one of those grossly overleveled Dugtrios in Diglett Cave, Graveler might well be the second best thing to fight Surge.
>>
>>33469148

Huh, I forgot Feraligatr didn't have Waterfall in gen II. Thank god it picked it up in Gen IV so it could take advantage of Water STAB off of it's main stat.
>>
>>33465097
Yep.
As soon as I figured out I could get it early in gen 2, I looked for one every run.
>>
>>33469879
It only really matters at the Tohjo Falls. Surf and Strength are still reasonably strong, 100% accurate moves with 15 PP each and perfect coverage between them. With an overleveled Feraligatr, you don't need physical STAB.
>>
>>33465097
Not to mention it also single-handedly beats half of your rivals team (two thirds if you picked Chikorita).
>>
>>33469940
If you picked Chicorita, I think he beats all of it, at least until he gets shit like Kadabra/Alakazam. If I recall correctly, he starts out with Zubat and Gastly immediately after you clear out Slowpoke Well, and gets Magnemite soon thereafter. Geodude beats all of them handily.
>>
>>33465097
Geodude makes Whitney an easy fight as well, especially if you have a female Geodude so attract won't work. Also Levitate wasn't a thing in II so Morty's pokemon could get hurt by ground attacks.
>>
>>33470101
Yeah, against the trainers in Morty's gym, you just spam Magnitude and hope for good rolls. Just make sure you have a good way to stop Hypnosis+Dream Eater shenanigans from Gengar.
>>
>>33468192
Early Game Rocky is too easy to over level and become disobedient. The best use I have found for him early game is just using screech. If you get rock throw early game it will disobey majority of the time. After that it doesn't really learn anymore good moves. It has harden, rage, sandstorm, and slam the last two being level 36 and 40.
>>
>>33470122
I remember the first time running Mortry's gym. I didn't understand what curse did because every time one of the people in his gym used it they fainted their own team and the battle ended. Then I got to him and actually saw that it lowers my HP every turn. Not to mention like you said the Gengar Shenanigans. I thought it only had ghost moves because he kept shadowball spamming me, but when I sent out a Furret he pulled the sleep dream eater combo.
>>
>>33470189
If you manage to get Graveler paralyzed from a Lick, that's beneficial for you. Shadow Ball does very little to Graveler.
>>
>>33469897
>With an overleveled Feraligatr, you don't need physical STAB.
what a fucking useful observation. With an overleveled ANYTHING you don't need anything.
>>
>>33469879
surf is better for feraligatr in gen 2 anyway
>>
File: 063.gif (8KB, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
063.gif
8KB, 60x60px
Thanks for beating the first three gyms, Geodude. Let me take it from here.

*punches elementally*
>>
>>33467956
Thank god the universal randomizer exists
>>
>>33465097
On my SS nuzlocke, I got one before the first gym and I beat the game with him. I completely agree
>>
File: tidus.jpg (111KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tidus.jpg
111KB, 1280x1024px
>>33465097
>stuck as graveler unless you can trade
>shit tier design for every member of the line not named Golem
>weak to a lot of types
>cant make good use of the elemental punch it can learn, Fire Punch

I don't care if it's good against Whitney, so are like 10 other pokemon before that point

>>33468192
>Rocky the Onix
>>>onix
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.