[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a bad third version? That's the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (127KB, 1038x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 1038x576px
Has there ever been a bad third version?
That's the only hope I have left. It also reminds me Gen 6 was so bad because it didn't have a third version and the remakes were awful and didn't build off a third version unlike HGSS.
>>
>>33460236
Yellow and Crystal. They've barely added and changed anything
>>
>>33460254
Crystal was already building off a really content filled game

USUM needs to fix issues and build off of it. too damn hard
>>
>>33460236
>Has there ever been a bad third version?

all of them
>>
>>33460236
don't worry, a contrarian is bound to come into this thread and tell you how all third versions are shit or how gen 6 was the greatest gen ever made
>>33460307
quite so
>>
>>33460307
This conclusively confirms my theory that no matter what you say on /vp/, some contrarian will show up saying the opposite.
You can say the sky is blue and people would find a way to say they're red.
>>
>>33460312
How is he lying?
All third games are literally the same with a few extra content
And no, BW2 is no better
>>
>>33460314
THE SKY IS GREEN, RETARD!!!
>>
>>33460317
They're improved in many ways and worse at none excluding Yellow, at worst. Objectively superior games.
>>
>>33460254
>>33460317
>>33460324

Yellow pioneered following pokemon, more personalized villain members via Jessie and James (before everyone was a generic Rocket), the since-abandoned ability to get all 3 starters without trading or abusing a glitch, mini-games (surfing Pikachu), and the Pikachu said its name in both cartridge and Stadium. Crystal added a subplot (two if you include Celebi's) and introduced both the Battle Tower and Move Tutors which have been staples of the franchise since. While I'm at it, Emerald expanded on the Battle Tower with the Battle Frontier which provided a few extra hours of postgame over the Tower of Ruby and Sapphire.

The games aren't that good on their own, but their small additions paved the way to better future games
>>
File: 1470767748618.jpg (113KB, 1024x988px) Image search: [Google]
1470767748618.jpg
113KB, 1024x988px
>>33460324
>Because you see, they changed those pokemons here and there, so now this minimal replacement change everything, making the gameplay objectively better
>I... I'm not a casual if I notice this in a casual game
>>
Third games can't be bad when the originals weren't. Ultra would literally have to throw away the story and create a brand new map to make Alola salvageable.
>>
>>33460351
Additionally, Crystal added the female trainer option
>>
File: 1495853556971.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1495853556971.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>33460357
>>
>>33460307
so i guess all pokemon games are bad then
why even be on this board if you don't like any of the games
>>
>>33460254
Yellow wasn't the third version, Blue was for Red and Green

Also
>forgetting the best animated sprites
>>
>>33460570
>so i guess all pokemon games are bad then

Nope. First of the gen games are generally good. Third versions aren't. Taking a years old game and adding minor amounts of content to it doesn't equate to a good game. It equates to a rip off physical DLC.
>>
>>33460613
Diamond, Pearl, Ruby, and Sapphire were all absolute garbage
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.