[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokémon USUM Guidebook to have 800 pages >For compar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4324.jpg (44KB, 367x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4324.jpg
44KB, 367x499px
>Pokémon USUM Guidebook to have 800 pages
>For comparison, ORAS National Dex book only had 583 pages and SM Pokedex guide only had 384 pages

http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-ultra-sunultra-moon-edition-the-official-national-pokedex-out-later-this-year-over-800-pages/
Will we actually be getting post game this time around bros?
>>
>>33459212
No. Don't have high expectations.
>>
What? It just means were likely to get a national dex something we should of got to begin with
>>
Can't really tell by that, likely mostly Pokedex listings. But, the real post-game indicator will come soon. File size... SM was 3.2, we want 3.8-3.9 for an incredible chance at a serious post-game.
>>
>>33459212
>Over 800 pages
Just one page per pokemon, don't get excited
>>
>>33459228
When did we find out about the other 3DS games' file sizes again?
>>
>>33459228

Isn't the 3DS cartridge limit just short of 4 GB also?
>>
>>33459334
There are also 8GB ones.
>>
>>33459364

Wow, really?

What games have needed that much space?
>>
>>33459376
no game has done it
>>
>>33459297
We found out about ORAS on 9/4/14.
>>
>>33459222
THIS
H
I
S

Biggest issue with this awful fanbase.
>>
>>33459334
Like the other anon said, the 3DS supports 8gb carts, but no game has needed them so they aren't out there yet.

But a very strong argument to consider against them doing a 8gb cart is that every 3DS sold comes with a 4gb SD card, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo would be heavily against a Pokemon game, which is the mother of all system sellers, being larger than 4gb on its digital version. This would make it impossible for parents to buy their kids the digital version out of the box, they'd need to buy a bigger SD card.
>>
>>33459376
biggest game is xenoblade chronicles at 3.5 GB
>>
>>33459224
The National Dex guides are the guides that include the post-games.
>>
>>33459212
Doesnt mean anything really. Keep in mind gen 7 brought 81 new mons and a handful of forms.

On top of that we now have z moves and many other new attacks. They need to explain and idex all that stuff. Thats why they need more pages
>>
File: 51q7ogApN8L._SY400_.jpg (38KB, 246x400px) Image search: [Google]
51q7ogApN8L._SY400_.jpg
38KB, 246x400px
>>33459510
true but not this book. this book is similar to oras national dex book.

no post game information
>>
>>33459510
No they dont. Not for ORAS and not for BW2
>>
>>33460180
Except ORAS had almost 200 more pages than SM.
>>
>>33460205
First books dont have national dex and large indexes, Pokedex books have those
>>
>>33460190
>>33460198

Ah whoops, I forgot. Even B/W had the post-game in the first guide. I was probably just remembering the HG/SS Guide and the information on side features
>>
and by the way isn't it pokemon models and animation that takes most of the place and not the overworld ?
>>
>>33459239
It's a volume 2 guidebook
Vol. 2 books list 2 pokemon per page, e.g. Bulbasaur/Ivysaur on page 1, Venusaur and meg Venusaur on page 2, with all their abilities/moves yaddayadda
These books always split up in 3-4 sections, one of which is an itemdex/guide, other is postgame guide, obviously national pokedex guide and idk what else
TLDR is that 864 pages is a lot considering pokemon have only grown by only 81 since ORAS and ORAS had nearly 300 pages less
>>
>>33460747
>other is postgame guide,
ORAS and BW2 pokedex dont have post game guides

Also 200 pages less, not 300. 7th gen has also several new forms and z-moves so those need to be indexed aswell
>>
>>33460755
USUM guide is gonna be 864 pages anon, that's 281 more than ORAS, hence nearly 300 pages more (Check the amazon page, it lists 864 pages there).
Again, they have a difference between Vol.2 guides and Vol. 3 guides, I'm not sure which type ORAS was, but I do remember that Vol. 3 guides list 1 pokemon per page, Vol.2 guides list 2 and also include post-game info and itemdex guide/location guide.
There was a topic on /vp/ a while back with links to recent Vol 2./3 national dex guides but I don't remember the name so rip to that
>>
>>33460776
Well, now that I think about it, maybe the part about the post-game was an item location guide for post-game, not sure anymore, but either way, I hope this at least means the national dex will actually exist in USUM
>>
>>33460782
I wouldnt count on that

The way they did the pokedex in SM so when you catch a mon or it evolves then it automatically records in the dex: it triggers a cutscene where a mon is added to the page in a specific pose and everything. They wont do that for 800 mons
>>
>>33460776
>(Check the amazon page, it lists 864 pages there).

ORAS was supposed to be 700 pages too

Also there never was vol 3 for anything so stop making stuff up
>>
>>33459224
>should of
Go read a book
>>
>>33460788
Sure, keep believing that
>>
>>33460800
Even if it has 860 pages so what?
>>
>every extra version has had a good post game
>people actually doubt that USM will too
I'm tired of this pessimistic board
>>
>>33460980
Its hard to be optimistic when Post game was shit for 3 games in a row, GF says they dont want to make long games anymore becuse of smartphones and Alola map is basically unchanged
>>
>>33459212
I remember people saying SM's guidebook to be the biggest one yet, even journalists. Don't get excited.
>>
>>33461007
>3 games
First games in a gen never had a good post game. ORAS is the only one that counts, but that's not enough to prove good post games have stopped just because they didn't have enough time to add the frontier
>>
>>33461021
GS, DP and BW had decent post game stuff with planty of exploration. XY and SM have little to none

Ultra SM only chance for post game is that cloud but you know it might have nothing underneath it, afterall SM didnt hide anything on its map. And even if it has something it might be something like safari zone so hardly exciting stuff
>>
>>33461034
Get outta here with that bullshit, SM's post game area and UB quest is at least on par with DP and BW's post game

USM's simplistic map also doesn't mean anything, they can easily fit a PWT-esque facility where the battle tree is
>>
>>33461053
>SM's post game area and UB quest is at least on par with DP and BW's post game

Are you retarded...? DP had the ntire extra island plus few areas on main island, BW had like 25% of the region post game

SM has like 20% of the smalles and emptiest islands left. Thats all

>they can easily fit a PWT-esque facility where the battle tree is
The Battle Tree is LITERALLY there
>>
>>33461021
ORAS should not even count in that equation because it is a remake of RS and not a third version.
In reality, USUM will be the first duo of third-version tier games for the 3DS, so we don't really have anything to base an opinion on.
Also, they didn't put the frontier in ORAS because they didn't want to. Maybe they didn't have time to either, but it was clearly stated by Masuda that it wasn't there because he believes today's pokemon playerbase predominantly consists of phone zombies that would drop the franchise if it were to even give them a sign of making them use their brains/put effort into accomplishing something in the games.
HGSS never set a standard for what remakes would look like in the future, they even admitted as much, that they'd overdone it in trying to fit a smuch as possible into those games and made it sound like a fluke.
All that aside, Kalos honestly had some piss-poor "post-game", but even though SM's post-game was still shit, at least the games did better than XY, so at least they took a step forward in that regard. It's not illogical to hope USUM will do better than SM
>>
>>33461095
>at least the games did better than XY,
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>33461066
DP, BW and SM's post game is all a few hours of content. It's unfair to criticize SM specifically, as if any first game of gen has postgame remotely comparable to the amount of content extra versions like HGSS and BW2 had.

>The Battle Tree is LITERALLY there
It's not clear enough to say that, and even if it was, there are plenty of other areas they can put a new facility. Remember that BW2 still had the subway even though they added the PWT.
>>
>>33461095
The "mobile generation" excuse was just bullshit, I hate that people fell for it. Remaking the frontier just would have taken too much time and wouldn't allow them to reach the holiday release date.
>>
>>33461105
>DP, BW and SM's post game is all a few hours of content. It's unfair to criticize SM specifically, as if any first game of gen has postgame remotely comparable to the amount of content extra versions like HGSS and BW2 had.

Yeah except DP and BW is more hours and SM is less hours

>>33461105
>It's not clear enough to say that, and even if it was, there are plenty of other areas they can put a new facility. Remember that BW2 still had the subway even though they added the PWT.

Both Battle Royal and Tree are back. Its unlikely they will add more facilities when two places with BP exist already. Subway was the only facility in BW so they did another one in BW2. SM already has 2. Also Red and Blue are Tree bosses and Tree's gimmick is meeting a familiar character every 10 battles so PWT is impossible
>>
>>33461098
SM at least left half of Poni island for you to explore post-game and some irrelevant areas, also battle tree> shitty maison. Looker quests are about equal, but overall, SM had a better post game, albeit still shit
>>
>>33461139
I prefer XY because at least there's good places to train and Friend safari. SM has nothing like that
>>
>>33461152
Friend Safari was probably one of the laziest pieces of post game I've ever seen, albeit one of the most useful laziest pieces. It reaked of being unfinished.
>>
>>33461136
You must have a shitty memory because it really doesn't take you that long to get through DP and BWs post game areas

Battle Royal barely counts as a proper facility, it's introduced mid-game and is mostly to introduce you to the the free for all feature. It's more akin to a side feature like contests, sure you get BP, but at an incredibly slow pace
>>
File: 1496588548910.jpg (39KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
1496588548910.jpg
39KB, 800x449px
All i expect from Ultra is disappointments. There's nothing to be hype about and any underage level of hype will be coming doing with disappointments and damage control to not look wrong.
Also expect the games to run like fucking shit just as Sun and Moon.
>>
>>33461139
Maison has two more battle formats than tree, so it's objectively better.

Point a loaded gun on your forehead and pull the trigger.
>>
>>33459297
When you can pre-order/pre-download the game on the E-shop
>>
Keep in mind that we're likely going to get a lot of pages on feature that isn't linked to the post game. For example, I'm pretty sure we're going to get things like a listing of all the props and poses for the Photo studio thing, and how to unlock them
>>
>>33461188
>two more battle formats
>all formats are basicallly the same

Are you even old enough to post here?
Cause it sounds like you've never played Emerald.
>>
>>33461188
>objectively better
Not when the Battle Tree is actually challenging with more varied opponents
>>
>>33459212
I-Interesting but it's just a guidebook with redundant information once the game hits the internet (fans).
>>
>>33461188
Boy, underaged kids these days sure know how to throw the suicide phrase around. I bet you think it makes you look tough and cool too, right?
>>
>>33460786
Yet they made walking animation for every single pokemon. So you can bet they have done that and more. They just won't use it.
>>
>>33460980
Since the jump on the 3DS they have focused way to much on the battling online aspect of the game. Post game died on 3DS. I don't expect post game on USUM either.

>inb4 ORAS had post game
No, that was just an excuse to capture every single legendary so you can capture every single pokemon there is without needing any previous gen.
>>
>>33461247
They also remade pokedex poses before so people that base opinions on "too many pokemon they wont do x" are falling on empty at this point
>>
>>33461136
But anon, Battle Royal sucks donkey ass. Literally the worst battle facility ever created.
>>
>>33461273
But pokemon musicals exi-
Oh, you said battle facility. Ok then, nevermind
>>
>>33461139
>SM at least left half of Poni island for you to explore post-game
And it locked the Sensu form of Oricorio to post-game, which is shitty game design and false advertisement.

"There's four forms for you to choose from--but wait! Only three are available for your main adventure, sorry Ghost fans!"

Not to mention, that NPC blocking you is full of shit. Challenging trainers my ass; they only had 2-3 Pokemon max on their teams in that area.
>>
>>33461281
I did say it was still shit (and never said SM's postgame cancels out the retarded decisions made far and wide regarding pokemon distribution and evolution methods)
>>
>>33461289
They could have blocked off the gauntlet area that leads to the tree, along with the maze-like coastline. It just seemed so random that they would block players off from access to some useful TMs (I think TB and Flamethrower are locked back there, but i don't remember).
>>
>>33461273
But the battle palace exists
>>
>>33459239
I'd totally love that!
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.