[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While I think the games have gotten progressively better as time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: harley cosplays may.jpg (87KB, 449x337px) Image search: [Google]
harley cosplays may.jpg
87KB, 449x337px
While I think the games have gotten progressively better as time has gone on, I haven't actually watched the anime since Johto.

Is it worth watching the later seasons? All I know about them is that May has an effeminate rival who cross-dresses.
>>
>>33457510
no
it's all shit
>>
AG and DP have better battles than the original, and mostly better pacing than Johto had, the main girls having their own major plotlines helps with that and makes things more interesting. But it's still not that great, is still filled with repetitive filler, and it barely ever feeling like Ash is getting anywhere.
XY is similar but with better looking fights, a worse B-plot for the main girl, and a crappy climax with how much they built it up.
BW and SM are just shit.

None of it's good enough to watch 100+ episodes of it.
>>
Depends on your interests really.

[Original Series]: Monster-of-the-Week comedy. Brock & Misty.
- Indigo League
- Orange Islands (Added Tracey)
- Johto
[Advanced Generation]: Less MotW, more focus on highlighting and explaining game mechanics. Brock, May & Max.
- Hoenn
- Battle Frontier
[Diamond & Pearl]: Back to MotW format, increased the amount of game-related plot. Brock & Dawn.
- Sinnoh
[Best Wishes]: Toned down on game plot and mechanics to focus on a more comedic show. Cilan & Iris.
- Unova
- Decolore Islands
[XY] Increased animation budget, more focus on game mechanics and battles, definitely more suspenseful. Serena, Clemont & Bonnie.
- Kalos
- XYZ
[Sun & Moon] Shift in art direction, akin to yokai watch, targets an even younger audience, primary focus is comedy. Ash's classmates.
- Alola
>>
>>33457745
Thanks for this helpful post
>>
>>33457510
I'll let you know it a couple months. I've been watching from the beginning and hope to make it all the way to SM before Gen 8 comes out. Currently watching the Orange Islands.
>>
File: IMG_1704.jpg (522KB, 1415x1227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1704.jpg
522KB, 1415x1227px
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong.
>>
The artstyle has massively improved.

The show itself is still terrible, even for a kids show. If you're over the age of 12, it has zero appeal and you absolutely should not be watching it.
>>
>>33460744
Right; Iris was clearly a mistake.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.