[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>XY: We want more storyline! >SM: We want less storyline!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: What.jpg (505KB, 1000x905px) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
505KB, 1000x905px
>XY: We want more storyline!
>SM: We want less storyline!

Tfw Pokemon can't win.
>>
>>33456701
There is such a thing as a middle ground, and previous Pokemon games seemed to understand this fairly well
>>
>XY: the story was incomplete, making the game less enjoyable overall!
>SM: the story was too much and the game was too gridlocked! It should have been dialed down a bit!

There you go, and have this (OP)
>>
>>33456701
wow i can't believe XY and SM became sentient posters
>>
>>33456723
This. I felt Gen 5 had the best balance. All I want is a game with Gen 5 level of storytelling, Gen 7 level of battle mechanics and visuals(or even better), and overall more exploration
>>
>>33456727
I for one liked the Sun and Moon storyline, but fuck my opinion.
>>
>implying people didn't praise XY for being less story focused than the Unova games at release

Shame they didn't take it further.
>>
>>33456751
I think the story was fine too, but having a bit more freedom in the overworld would have been better imo.

Also why on earth can you not pause the cutscenes in SM, that's something all games should be able to do, especially on handhelds.
>>
>>33456778
I agree with the pausing part. It's shit when you're playing and your girlfriend wants you to make dinner.

>"Babe, I need to finish this scene in a children's game."

>"I forgot, you're 23 but act like you're 3"
>>
>>33456778
>>33456799
Dude just go to the home menu or close your 3DS like seriously
>>
>>33456747
I hope you're joking. Gen V kicked off the terrible trend of way too much fucking plot. Gens 2/3/4 were the only balanced ones.
>>
Sun/Moon has the best story in the mainline games.
>>
>>33456892
What about when we get games on Switch? You know GF won't even think about adding the ability to pause them there.
>>
>>33456701
SM didn't even have all that much storyline, most of the ~5 hours of mandatory cutscenes are of your friends running to Malasada shops.
>>
>>33457327
I honestly don't think they have much choice. Switch has a standby feature built-in.
>>
>>33457316
4 was shit
>>
>>33457360
You're shit
>>
>>33457360
Regardless of your opinions about it, it balanced game/story better than every game after it.
>>
>>33457360
This
>>
>>33457323
This.

SM's problem lies in how much you had to be paused for the story, the actual story itself is really good (for Pokemon.)

XY's problem is that they took a silly story too seriously.
>>
>>33457373
No. Just because you said that doesn't it make it true
>>
>>33457323
Nope. That's B/W.
>>
>>33456751
I think the story is overrated and not particularly impressive but I understand it's targeted towards kids who probably have seen less. I'd really like a larger map though.
>>
>>33457373
It balanced game story is the same as the previous ones though
>>
>>33457323
Is that really an achievement though? Most of the plots are nonsensical or flat-out retarded.
>Gen 1: a bunch of petnappers where it's easier to simply catch Pokemon
>Gen 2: same petnappers but instead of using their radio signal to control Pokemon they opt to try and contact their old boss instead
>Gen 3: color-swap teams who forgot that water and non-water Pokemon are impacted by their choices, also lack common sense
>Gen 4: artist with a god complex featuring retarded lore in Pokemon form
>Gen 5: team tries to get people to release Pokemon because it's better for the Pokemon while simultaneously abusing Pokemon and shitting all over what we've learned since gen 1
>Gen 6: Genocide man who thinks the world has gone to shit except we don't really see how
>Gen 7: Lillie's railroaded adventure with tutorials galore and no real character development
>>
>>33456701
>/vp/: WE WANT THE GAME EXACTLY LIKE THIS, BUT NOT TOO MUCH LIKE THIS, AND A LITTLE OF THIS
>also /vp/: make lopunny more fuckable
>>
>>33457499
>>Gen 5: team tries to get people to release Pokemon because it's better for the Pokemon while simultaneously abusing Pokemon and shitting all over what we've learned since gen 1

You mean
>Ghetsis tricks people into almost releasing Pokémon because of the moral ambiguity of keeping them effectively as slaves, only so he can be the only one with Pokémon, so he can have all the power.
Like, I understand that sounds more like a shill than anything, but you have to be retarded if you think Plasma was SERIOUSLY supposed to help Pokémon, and not just a legit plot by Ghetsis. It makes sense, dang it.
>>
>>33457499
It´s an achivement becaue is good
It isn´t related to their predecessors
>>
>>33457540
It makes Plasma even more of a joke because you'd have to be retarded to buy the cover story in the world depicted in the first four generations.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.