[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of the 5 statuses help more to catch pokemon? I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: poor ursaring.png (3MB, 2154x1370px) Image search: [Google]
poor ursaring.png
3MB, 2154x1370px
Which of the 5 statuses help more to catch pokemon? I feel like poison and burn are kinda risky, the pokemon i want to catch might faint, but at the same time paralyze and sleep kinda feel weak, especially sleep since the wake-up-turn is kinda decided at random
>>
>>33452986
forgot to mention frozen, which is kinda useless to me now since I don't have yet any pokemon that can freeze
>>
>>33452986
>Sleep
>Random
Back to genwun
>>
Pretty much any non-legendary catchrate Pokemon is fine with paralyzation.

Legendaries you can just save and reset if you run outta balls anyway.
>>
>>33453008
yeah, also forgot to mention i'm replaying yellow, sorry about that
>>
https://www.dragonflycave.com/rbycapturecalc.aspx
>>
>>33453012
In which case just mash b a bunch of times to advance the primitive PRNG and you'll catch it eventually.
>>
>>33453012
>yellow
I recall something about a bug in RBY causing status effects to be useless if you're using ultra balls.
>>
>>33452986
It is easiest to use one of the permanent statuses, like Burn, Poison or Paralyzed. All of them increases the catch rate of 1.5 and Paralyze is the clearly best choice since you don't want the pokémon to actually faint.

Sleep and Freeze doubles the catch rate, but they're temporary and takes much more effort to keep inflicted. Sleep is better for the sole reason that you can't reliably inflict Freeze, especially without hurting the pokémon.
>>
Also helps the most, but paralysis is best for long term catches ie legendaries
>>
>>33453498
Sleep*
Butterfree is most useful for this

But mew also works too ;^)
>>
>>33453504
Nah m8, Parasect with Spore and False Swipe
>>
>>33452986
paralysis is my favorite for catching.
Doesn't do damage, increases catch rate, permanent, can cause opponent to miss turns.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.