[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here sick of mindless optimists in the Pokémon fanbase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1483569348810.png (3KB, 43x38px) Image search: [Google]
1483569348810.png
3KB, 43x38px
Anyone else here sick of mindless optimists in the Pokémon fanbase who refuse to acknowledge or discuss that the franchise has been going downhill for a few years let alone anything negative at all?
>>
>>33447072
That's mainly Poketubers who know their audience is entirely children who don't like to hear their favourite franchise is dropping.
>>
>>33447072
I am. But I'm also kinda sick of the autists on /vp/ claiming "Pokemon is dead!!!!" at every little thing.
>>
It's because this board is full of disgusting INFPs. INFP type people can't handle criticism at all and always run and hide whenever anyone is being negative, or they might even lash out.
>>
>>33447072
You can't be talking about /vp/, because this place has zero hype at the moment.
>>
>few years
anon...
>>
>>33449105
2013 was 4 years ago, it's not that many.
>>
I'm a bit of an optimist when it comes to the Pokemon franchise, and I do realize that the series is going downhill. I'm not going to deny that Sun/Moon are disappointing, but there's still a part of me that hopes that USM will turn out good. I'm not setting my standards high for USM, but I'm interested to see how it'll turn out.
>>
>>33449018
Is the opposite though
This board have more negativita than anything else
>>
>>33449567
Negativity*
>>
>>33447072
So you would prefer hearing people dropping from pokemon left and right because the games have been dissapointing?
>>
>>33447072
I can't speak for the whole world, but it's really hard to determine how much of it is the franchise's "supposed decline" and how much of it is people just getting older, more jaded, tired (etc. etc.) of the games as per natural progression. I can't take anyone who keeps on complaining and not quitting seriously, either. Regardless, this isn't so black and white AT ALL.
>>
>>33447072
Except I literally just don't think it's really even getting objectively worse, they're just changing a LOT. Focusing less on things they used to focus on more, like route/cave design and post-game. They're doing a worse job at those but improving on other things like visuals, battle mechanics and the story. I would love them to find a better balance where they can do everything better, and I can totally see why people who like the older games aren't liking these ones as much, but it's hard to say they're worse games because in some views they could easily be considered BETTER games. I don't think they're becoming better, but I don't think they're worse either.
>>
File: PinRS356.png (759B, 48x32px) Image search: [Google]
PinRS356.png
759B, 48x32px
Anyone else here sick of mindless negativists in the Pokémon fanbase who refuse to acknowledge or discuss what people like let alone listening to anything positive at all?
>>
>>33449018
>believing in pseudoscience
>>
>>33449639
Haha I get it, it's like >>33447072 but reversed LOL!!
>>
the real dissapointing thing to me right now is that other than Pokken, TPC really seems to have given up on real spin offs, it feels like it has been YEARS since the last 3ds spin off game.
>>
>>33449664
Because nobody gives a single fuck about anything not PMD, sadly.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>33449663
See?, thats the problem
You get triggered by this >>33449639 but no by this >>33447072
Thanks for proving his point
>>
>>33449706
Proving which one's point?
>>
>>33449679
And I would really love something new over another PMD, to me PMD just feels like playing a tabletop RPG with a controller. Which is obviously fun for a lot of people, but it got old for me pretty fast. I wanna see them try more styles for spinoff games.
>>
>>33449765
Buy pokken
>>
>>33449679
>>33449765
I love PMD, and i would love to get a new one, but at this point i would be happy just to get any type of new pokemon spin off for my 3DS.
>>
>>33449777
I plan to, I love fighting games
>>
File: 63085573_p22.jpg (757KB, 1000x614px) Image search: [Google]
63085573_p22.jpg
757KB, 1000x614px
>>33449664
>no pokemon platformer
>no pokemon side-scrolling shooter
>no pokemon metroidvania
life is suffering
>>
>>33449837
if Magikarp jump has taught us something is that at this point, pokemon can pretty much work its way into any type of game, and that makes me feel so salty that they aren't doing anything about it.
>>
>>33449837
>no Pokemon Survival Horror
Hey I'm sure it could work
>>
>>33450133
Just mod slenderman and put darkrai in it, done!
>>
the real problem is that Pokémon never was good.
>>
>>33447072
>smogonfag claiming game goes downhill because muh frontier,muh competitive singleplayer game and shit
>>
>>33450133
Of course it could. Look at all of the ghost type lore. You could easily make a game out of that.
>>
>>33451686
Whether you're memeing about the people who said this about Sonic or being serious, I think it is worth pointing out that Pokemon and Sonic have a lot in common with the series development

In a nutshell, modern games straying very far fundamentally from the classics, resulting in a glaringly divided fanbase, which will hopefully result in an eventual split that Sonic is getting now, where modern style games and classic style games both being created
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.